PDA

View Full Version : You got the bid......Now what?

TheTurfTender
03-22-2008, 10:09 PM
I have given about estimates. I have a few of them, and it seems the commercial ones are a lot easier to do.

The resi's on the other hand are a puzzle to me. I am used to clients coming to my office, and me selling them there. Also, I am not currently bringing contracts with me to estimates. bad idea?

Anyway, my question is. Once you have the bid, and are on your way to the prospects house..... What do you do? What do you bring? What are you looking to get accomplished?

I would think that I should be closing some of these things at the front door! LMK some thoughts you guys have...

bohiaa
03-22-2008, 11:19 PM
not really sure what your talking about .........

But I think your trying to hard

St. Andrew's Lawn Care
03-22-2008, 11:33 PM
If you mean you have received a call to visit a property and walk through what a prospective customer is looking for, then I would say rely on leaving a very good first impression...As far as contracts go, I don't know since I don't use contracts. I do the walk through, come up with a price for each item the customer wants. If the customer agrees to this I do go home and write it up showing the agreed upon scope of work. I usually turn right around and get this back to the customer that week and this is enough to serve as a contract. I usually present this document along with a list of additional services. Later in the year, they usually look to me to do other work simply because they have one go to guy to rely upon to do the other work during the season.

jdmcat
03-23-2008, 01:29 AM
I have a carbon copy service agreement that i fill out right there. Some people say yes and sign it right there, others I leave the agreement with and they can sign it and mail me the top copy if they decide to go with me.

St. Andrew's Lawn Care
03-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Good idea... I have thought about that too. I think it comes down to 'matter of preference' as far as whether to go with "contracts" or some other form of agreement. Did you get the carbon copy service agreement stationary made especially for your business or is it a more generic format that allows you to list your services, check them off, and present to your prospective client...?

jdmcat
03-23-2008, 09:36 PM
had them custom printed locally