PDA

View Full Version : 260Z Discharge Chute Cover...

Chopper Lover
11-22-2001, 05:16 PM
I have a 260Z with a 60" mower deck and would like to use something more versatile than the 2 mulching options that Gravely has for my mower deck.

Does anyone know where I can find, or how I could fabricate, an adjustable discharge chute cover? I am looking for something similar to the "Director" made by York Sheet Metal or the OCDC that can be bought on a Dixie Chopper... I contacted "York" but have yet to receive a reply.

Thanks for input.
Mark

The Gladiator
11-27-2001, 09:06 AM
As an FYI.

Any modification of a manufactured product that changes any safety aspects governed by ANSI regulations could ruin your whole day. You could land in court or jail if someone is injured or killed because of the modification you make.

The ANSI regulations are in place to protect both the operator and the bystander.

You can do what you want, but I would advise keeping everything as it was from the factory.

Chopper Lover
11-29-2001, 08:37 AM
Gladiator...

Thanks for that FYI. Just so you know, ANSI is a nonprofit, private, organization that sets voluntary standards. They are not a governing body and have no authority in any aspect. They merely make guidelines which you can choose, or not choose, to adopt.

http://www.ansi.org/public/about.html

As you can should see from my original post, I am looking for something from the Factory first, an aftermarket product second and custom fabrication as my third option. If you are aware of what I am looking for you should know the discharge chute cover will serve as a discharge chute that can be completely closed off when I want it to be. That would make it even safer, don't you think?

Thank you anyway for posting about the safety aspect. I am sure not everyone realizes that Safety is of the utmost importance.

Engine Mower Guy: Any chance Gravely will come up with such an option in the future?

Thanks, Mark

Eng Mwr Guy
11-29-2001, 07:42 PM
It is possible.

Not likely.

But possible.

We (Ariens/Gravely) are mandated to be ANSI compliant. Most larger companies planning on staying around a while choose this option too.

Barry
Eng Mwr Guy
Engineer Mower Guy to you!