PDA

View Full Version : Call Customer Or Just Start?

creatived
03-23-2008, 01:37 PM
After Sending Out My Early Spring Newsletter Etc Do Most Guys Wait For Customers To Contact Them Or Start.

1cooltreeguy
03-23-2008, 01:44 PM
I know the customers preferences and I also want to train the customer about the way my company operates - I stay consistent year after year- I JUST START!!! Bill them and if there is a problem I resolve it by letting them know that this is the way we operate. To tell you the truth, I have had very few complaints over the years over just starting. Also, i let them know when they sign up that the contract will renew without notice(like the phone company does) unless I receive a phone call not to start. if they sell it then it is their responsibility to let me know....

Woody82986
03-23-2008, 03:29 PM
I send out spring letters that state when I'll be starting. I let them know that if they eed anything out of the ordinary, they should give me a call. Otherwise I'll be there when I say I'll be there.

haybaler
03-23-2008, 04:40 PM
just do it. ask questions later.

Whitey4
03-23-2008, 05:03 PM
I survey every property, and make recommendations for their maintenance and apps programs for the coming year. I might mention how much healthier the shrubs are, maybe suggest a new bed planting, get them thinking about mulch installs... it's a chance to up sell premium srevices.

I let them know they have my attention.... and I'm not afraid to lose one. Thing is, with this sort of attention, I don't expect to lose any.

rogerwb
03-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Treat the customer better than the lawn care company that they had before you.

I personally go and talk to each of my customers. My customers come first. I ask first than start when they want to start. The customer calls the shots. And by the way I don't loose customers.

lawnpro724
03-23-2008, 07:40 PM
if they don't call and cancel before the season starts, just show up and mow.

DSLND
03-23-2008, 08:25 PM
I have everyone on a yearly contract, which is a farily simple way of organizing everyone.

Contract renewals are sent out each fall, and can be renewed at any time. I have about 90% of my contracts back from last year, and the other 10% are on their way (recently called the customers). This process works for me, and its simple.

-Mitch-

haybaler
03-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Treat the customer better than the lawn care company that they had before you.

I personally go and talk to each of my customers. My customers come first. I ask first than start when they want to start. The customer calls the shots. And by the way I don't loose customers.

I don't loose customers either, but I start on my schedule.

lifetree
03-23-2008, 09:13 PM
... i let them know when they sign up that the contract will renew without notice(like the phone company does) unless I receive a phone call not to start. if they sell it then it is their responsibility to let me know....

This is the best approach !!

grapeford
03-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Most of the people we take care of during the season, we also snowplow for.So we really don't have to renew, because we supply year round work. For the most part, people wouldn't know what to do without us, and that's the whole idea.

JNyz
03-23-2008, 10:10 PM
no letters or phone calls just get out there and work