PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Landscapers!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
04-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Lucky in My area, many bulk places, so price wars for contractors!

Shepoutside, I saw your post in the Ariens mowers thread about that dethatcher attachment for 21" mowers.

Do you know if it works for any make of 21" mowers?
And where do you buy it at? Home depot? Dealer?

Gilmore.Landscaping
04-09-2012, 12:45 AM
Shepoutside, I saw your post in the Ariens mowers thread about that dethatcher attachment for 21" mowers.

Do you know if it works for any make of 21" mowers?
And where do you buy it at? Home depot? Dealer?

my neighbor actually just gave me one that didn't fit on his new mower. They are available at home depot. I would never use it to actually dethatch someone yard but have used it a number of times to scalp lawns down for re-seeding and such. Works pretty good for that.

Triple L
04-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Are you guys talking about the lawnmower blade with a spring hooked on to it and its rips the crap out of everything?

I can't believe anyone would buy soil in those super sacks... Expecially at that price... Throw 2.5 yards on the back of the pickup and let er roll...
Posted via Mobile Device

alanauer
04-09-2012, 08:37 AM
And are you not asking for a professional/trade/contractor/courtesy (whatever they're called in your community) discount? Lawncare pros should not be paying retail for bulk supplies because they are not the end user.

Gilmore.Landscaping
04-09-2012, 08:42 AM
That's what I was refering to, that why I only used it during full lawn renovations. Yea my neignbour thought he got a great deal when he got one of those bags.... When I told him how much the soil was actually worth he stared borrowing a freinds trailer instead. Haha
Posted via Mobile Device

nickslawnltd
04-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Those sacks are crazy but homeowners lover them for whatever reason that is why we started using them. Funny thing the sack isnt expensive at all to justify the 100 or more price tag

Triple L
04-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Double post......

Triple L
04-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Its the equipment needed to deliver them... I wouldnt tie up a 130k truck plus a 20k trailer and a 50k moffit for $20 per delivery... Would you?
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

nickslawnltd
04-09-2012, 09:10 AM
We just started using the sacs. I just load the sacs in the dumper and load and unload with my skidder and forks nothing fancy and we get $50/delivery

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
04-09-2012, 09:22 AM
The customer wants to use it because it is cheap. So should I steer them away?

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
04-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Rain and ice pellets tonight? :dizzy::hammerhead::rolleyes::confused:

Ford Guy
04-10-2012, 03:55 PM
it's tried to snow about 5 times here today, cold day sitting on a mower

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
04-10-2012, 07:25 PM
it's tried to snow about 5 times here today, cold day sitting on a mower

Dangggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Now it's just raining here so, nothin' major.
On the brighter side, it's supposed to be 15* on Friday :walking:.

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
04-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Nice day today!
Liking the turnaround in weather and it's supposed to be 20 yes, 20 degrees on Saturday but, that will include rain :(

Dodge Boys
04-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Don't knock the rain.... It's starting to get dry in my area!!!!
One of the driest springs I can remember, for sure the warmest....
Not often your planting corn April 10th and had to cut grass by the end of March!!!!

:canadaflag:

DragonflyGardening
04-16-2012, 12:14 AM
I haven't started cutting yet, but I think I will this week. It's funny, grass has been looking pretty ready for a month but with no rain it hasn't had that "spurt" to get to actually needing cutting. Oh well, I'm going to start and give it a haircut this week and I suspect rain will be starting.

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
04-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Don't knock the rain.... It's starting to get dry in my area!!!!
One of the driest springs I can remember, for sure the warmest....
Not often your planting corn April 10th and had to cut grass by the end of March!!!!

Dodge Boys: you will love Friday 12* degrees + rain. Whoohooohooo!!! ;)

Jaynen
04-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Holy wind. Poor hydro guys.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dodge Boys
04-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Dodge Boys: you will love Friday 12* degrees + rain. Whoohooohooo!!! ;)

That should get my corn growing!!!! :cool2:
The grass has been still growing here, even with the cool weather!!!

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
04-17-2012, 09:10 PM
That should get my corn growing!!!! :cool2:
The grass has been still growing here, even with the cool weather!!!

There is supposed to be more rain on Saturday than on Friday! So your corn should love that hence, who doesn't love free irrigation? :laugh:

I've been mowing for a month here already, grass is growing like crazy!!!

Cleaned up twigs today from last night's wind storm. I got a big brown bag filled :hammerhead:.

Enjoy Thursday's warm weather! It's supposed to be 20 degrees! Yee-Haw!!!!!

Dodge Boys
04-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Better break out the plows and sanders.... They're saying possible snow Monday night.... Upwards of two inches possible..... It's going to be a crazy weather year.... 80's in March and snow late April!!!!

DragonflyGardening
04-22-2012, 11:05 AM
What the? Snow? This is maybe the stangest weather I can remember. What will snow do to fresh ungerminated grass seed?

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
04-23-2012, 08:39 AM
I can't run summer gas in the snowblowers!!!! (hopefully there won't be any need for them)

A little salt will do just fine.

Dragonfly: it happened last year to me with fertillizer that I applied that day but, it did no damage to anything. Not sure about grass seed tho.

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
05-01-2012, 10:00 PM
How's everyone's year going so far???

I've been so busy that I haven't even had time to come on the site since the 28th!!

Picked a new Stihl KM55R on Saturday:cool2: so I'm happy about that.

Gonna do some mowing tomorrow if the rain doesn't get in my way. (Even though I mow in the rain but, only if I want to hehe:laugh:)

DragonflyGardening
05-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Going pretty good, can't tell if it's slow this year or just really spread out - I usually get my gardening/landscaping calls in Mid-may to mid-june (cottagers). Didn't pick up too many new mowing customers but didn't work at it hard enough either.

Getting tired of raking...

Oh, I built a pond at my house on Sat/Sun (okay, half done maybe - it's flowing but i need to fix up the sides and waterfall a bit before laying stone). Was super fun and I'm very excited about it, but not taking even a half day off has me feeling pretty weary already on a Tuesday - got home at 3:00 today and fell right alseep until 6:00. Good thing we finished up early I guess.

Gilmore.Landscaping
05-01-2012, 10:39 PM
schedule is always full no nothing to complain about yet, had to buy a new to me stander just to keep up, picking that up tomorrow so I am pretty excited. Hopefully a few more calls for maintenance but I couldn't be more pleased so far...

Five Points
05-01-2012, 10:42 PM
schedule is always full no nothing to complain about yet, had to buy a new to me stander just to keep up, picking that up tomorrow so I am pretty excited. Hopefully a few more calls for maintenance but I couldn't be more pleased so far...

what did you buy as I have a 2011 grandstand for sale. 52 inch 23 hp kawi. 450 hrs. Ive got it on kijiji but not much action. Good mower but Id like another walker to match what I have.

Five Points
05-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Anyone have some good news to share on Fiesta. I did some lawns last year and am pretty pleased with results. This yr I have booked lots of people and condos for weed control. Everywhere I go people are asking for weedcontrol. :canadaflag:

Hope all are off to a good season. My wife did the invoicing today and the stack is pretty thick going in the mail. Of course the stack of bills is kinda thick also.:cry:

DragonflyGardening
05-01-2012, 10:59 PM
I just filled out my application for license tonight to start doing firsts next year. My brother has had good results.

Man I want a grandstand so bad..but likely can't afford...how much?
Posted via Mobile Device

Gilmore.Landscaping
05-02-2012, 11:25 PM
what did you buy as I have a 2011 grandstand for sale. 52 inch 23 hp kawi. 450 hrs. Ive got it on kijiji but not much action. Good mower but Id like another walker to match what I have.

I think I did see that one on kijiji. But 52 was too big, I got a 36". Its my primary mower and needed it to fit in all my yards, most of which are less the 1/2 acre anyway.

Do you have a bagger that will maybe fit my 36" Sentar you would be willing to sell? Or anyone else for that matter.

Five Points
05-03-2012, 12:04 AM
I just filled out my application for license tonight to start doing firsts next year. My brother has had good results.

Man I want a grandstand so bad..but likely can't afford...how much?
Posted via Mobile Device

I need 5000 for it , it has 450 hrs. no down time. Im making good money with it but I just like walkers, have one already and would like to mate it with another. Grandstand comes with bagger and OCDC.

Five Points
05-03-2012, 12:06 AM
I think I did see that one on kijiji. But 52 was too big, I got a 36". Its my primary mower and needed it to fit in all my yards, most of which are less the 1/2 acre anyway.

Do you have a bagger that will maybe fit my 36" Sentar you would be willing to sell? Or anyone else for that matter.

sorry selling as package otherwise ill just keep it. Thanks for askin though.

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
05-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Was supposed to mow yesterday but, I had to do magnolia leaf clean-ups :hammerhead: Br600 Magnum gets them done fast but the damn brooming and shoveling them into the bags is just so, so time consuming!

Did some stuff on Thursday, but there were like 10 bumblebees!!!!! :cry: collecting pollen from a flowering tree so that made my day a little more exiting. (NOT) Thank god I didn't get stung :dancing:.

Anyone know how to trim around trees? Cause I just got a full-service mowing account and don't know what to do. I've been throwing around the idea of putting some of that cheap black edging and throwing down some mulch?

I'm gonna head to some garage sales to look find some mowers! Or maybe even a trash find!!! Even better:cool2: FREE!!!!!!!!!

See you guys later!

alanauer
05-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Edging would be hard to push down because of the roots. Mulch can be laid without edging, especially if it's heavy like bigger wood chips or chopped rubber, but critters might scatter it to get the bugs. I've seen rubber-mat-looking round pads that you put around a trunk. Meanwhile, most mowers will get pretty close, and you can finish with a string trimmer.

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
05-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Started building a small container pond in my backyard today! Will post some pictures step by step but, I have to remember to bring my camera with me each time hehe :hammerhead:.

Tommorow is my :bday::bday::bday:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So happy birthday to me!

UPDATE TO TRIMMING AROUND TREES: Homeowner said that they will decide on what they want me to do.

DragonflyGardening
05-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Be careful with that pond - i gave my self a hemroid (yes, that's right) lifting rocks for my pond yesterday. It hurts like hell and now I have a pool of water and a lot less interest in finishing it :)

BTW, if anyone in Ontario has a mower they want to sell for less than $4000 let me know, I might be in the market (sort of depends on the estimates I have out right now) and it's hard to find a decent mower when money is tight man.

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
05-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Be careful with that pond - i gave my self a hemroid (yes, that's right) lifting rocks for my pond yesterday. It hurts like hell and now I have a pool of water and a lot less interest in finishing it :)

BTW, if anyone in Ontario has a mower they want to sell for less than $4000 let me know, I might be in the market (sort of depends on the estimates I have out right now) and it's hard to find a decent mower when money is tight man.

Here you go Dragonfly: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=376927&page=2

The pond is a small week-long project with an 100gph pump nothing major ;)

DragonflyGardening
05-08-2012, 09:11 AM
That's promising actually, I'll look into it, thanks.

Any suggestions on a mower type for me? Many of my lawns now and hopefully in the future are big, but not flat - cottage country - lots of dips and small slopes and bumps and whatnot. I assume all large mowers have the same tendency to scalp because a deck is a deck and if you get a bump it will hit...right?

I'v kind of gotten it in my head that a walk behind would be easiest to manage on such properties and easiest on my body with lots of bouncing around on a z-turn rider or a stander. My brother (who owns a business but all small lawns and sticks with 21") thinks a tractor might be perfect for me.

Any other opinions? It's hard to resist the lure of the ztr rider...but I would rather not slide one into a lake or bounce my spine out of my neck...

alanauer
05-08-2012, 04:28 PM
If one type were best, there would be one type. It's all about compromise and what's most important to you. For instance, to get the agility of the ZT, you give up traction and slope control. I'd suggest:

-a narrower deck will follow contours better.
-deck with on-the-fly height adjustment and anti-scalp wheels
-ZTs aren't much bumpier than CUTs but at least one (Ferris?) has a spring suspension, and on others you may be able to get a spring- or air-mount seat
-I wouldn't consider a walk-behind (unless I had a cheap employee I didn't like)
-There are agile 4WD models that pivot in the middle (Ventrac? Steiner?)
-wouldn't get a rear-mount deck. If you mow under trees, a front would be best, but all things being equal a mid-mount would scalp the least

DragonflyGardening
05-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Awesome answer alanauer, just the kind of info I need, thanks man.

I know it's not an exact science, but always good to learn what you can.

alanauer
05-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks, but that's what this site's for -- and I've had lots of help too.

Also keep service in mind. If you do your own, get a service manual (what mechanics refer to) for it. Find out if parts are supplied from a Canadian depot or if you'll have to order everything from the US. All things being equal, get one from a local dealer who supplies parts and service. If you have a choice of mid or front deck, you'll find a discussion of the pros and cons elsewhere on this site. Whichever, try to pretend you're ready to service the underside and see what's involved.

And it's adventageous to include in the purchase a few years worth of consumables like filters and blades.

Finally, be aware that some brands void the usual warranty if they know it's being used commercially rather than personally. (But other brands are designed for commercial work so they don't differentiate.)

DragonflyGardening
05-09-2012, 06:06 PM
I have a question and it may be a stupid one, but I would like a clear answer.

Our industry is a compulsory WSIB industry. I don't need WSIB as a solo operator do I? I mean, it seems obvious to me because WSIB is for employees, but still...I sort of want a straight answer - I have a commercial contract lined up but he mentioned proof of WSIB and I said I will be doing them myself and he said...uh..uh... I want the contract so I sort of need to know 100% either way.

Anyone run into this and know the answer 100%?

alanauer
05-09-2012, 07:02 PM
-Our industry is a compulsory WSIB industry. MOST BUSINESS IN ONTARIO ARE.
-I don't need WSIB as a solo operator do I? NO, AND I DON'T THINK YOU CAN EVEN GET IT FOR YOURSELF. EXPLAIN THAT YOU HAVE RE-CHECKED THE REQUIREMENTS AND YOU KNOW THAT IF AND WHEN YOU HIRE ANY EMPLOYEE, YOU WILL REGISTER WITH WSIB WITHIN THE TEN DAYS YOU ARE ALLOWED.
- he mentioned proof of WSIB and I said I will be doing them myself and he said...uh..uh... IF THE UH UH MEANT "NO," HE IS WRONG.
-AND HEY -- LIZ WITMER LIVES DOWN THE STREET FROM ME!

DragonflyGardening
05-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Good stuff again man, I did find a PDF finally that spelled it out fully as well so now I'm totally confident. As a small guy getting five at a time would be nice so I hope I get it and then hopefully buy that gravely prostance linked in this thread which I think is perfect mower for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Five Points
05-09-2012, 09:10 PM
You should register with wsib and have an account. It does not cost anything, then if you ever have partime help they are automaticaly covered. You have a window to report or you just pay every three months if you have anything to report. its like under 5.00 per 100 dollars of wages. they send you a form with the rate. Its not to complicated. then if you line up certain work that you may reqiure extra help even if one day you are covered. Some bigger jobs the company may ask for a clearence certificate. its just a form that shows your help is covered under WSIB.

Hope that helps.

DragonflyGardening
05-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Oh, okay, that sounds allright. I'm going to set up an account, that sounds smart, thanks man. I thought it was a lot higher per $, that's not too bad at all.

So basically I set up an account and say I have no employees, and then you just regularly report something like "employee wages $____0___", unless you do have a wage to report and then you shoot them off a cheque for your rate based on the wages paid you report. That's pretty slick and easy to be honest. Cool, cool cool cool.

Gilmore.Landscaping
05-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Where does everyone get their tires for mowers? I need a set for my stander i picked up, they are pretty worn down. Pretty sure they are 18x8x10 and the local Wright dealer wants $85 + $25 to mount. Seemed a little steep my buddy thought they shouldn;t be more then $50 each.

Thanks. I could be wrong on the size they are pretty worn down, I will look up the spec.

alanauer
05-09-2012, 11:14 PM
Five Points, WSIB registration is free and can be done electronically, but someone just starting out may not have some of the data needed such as business and tax registration numbers.

Gilmore, there's mower-parts (maybe even mower-wheel) sites you can google. Even paying shipping from the US, the cost will be a fraction of local.

shepoutside
05-10-2012, 12:41 AM
If your SOLO, you can also get a Independent Operator Status Number too, that proves your exempt form WSIB, but gives you a number for customers that require it.

DragonflyGardening
05-10-2012, 10:16 AM
I've sent off an email to the guy saying I don't need it, but will also register for future ease.

Any opinions on whether or not having a fixed deck on a 34" stander would be a horrible idea for me and my scalping concerns - assuming I love everything else about the mower (and it's really hard to find a smaller mower used)?

Five Points
05-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Where does everyone get their tires for mowers? I need a set for my stander i picked up, they are pretty worn down. Pretty sure they are 18x8x10 and the local Wright dealer wants $85 + $25 to mount. Seemed a little steep my buddy thought they shouldn;t be more then $50 each.

Thanks. I could be wrong on the size they are pretty worn down, I will look up the spec.

i just bought one for my walker was bout 110 with tax. nothin is cheap anymore.

alanauer
05-12-2012, 07:34 AM
"Any opinions on whether or not having a fixed deck on a 34" stander would be a horrible idea for me and my scalping concerns...."

If that deck, half as wide as what most operators use, would scalp, you're mowing a construction site, not a lawn.

And if it is that bad, you could offer to level it. Without a tractor with box blade, you could have a load of topsoil dumped near, and shovel/level it into the depressions by hand, and seed it. A bit of work, and you'd have to water it every few days for a bit.

But then you'd likely want a wider machine.

DragonflyGardening
05-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Just curious, how much do you Ontario guys look to get per hour for gardening work? We aim for $40.00, which I think is pretty fair - about what I make per hour of lawn mowing or less. We do some quotes where people seem downright mad about the price and then, apparently, find someone to do it for less. I should mention it is "skilled" gardening - my wife has a horticulture diploma and a biology and environmental studies degree.

Any thoughts?

Jaynen
05-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Holy dust masks! Hey Chad saw you out on queen street a few weeks ago, lookin sexy! ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

S-205
05-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Just curious, how much do you Ontario guys look to get per hour for gardening work? We aim for $40.00, which I think is pretty fair - about what I make per hour of lawn mowing or less. We do some quotes where people seem downright mad about the price and then, apparently, find someone to do it for less. I should mention it is "skilled" gardening - my wife has a horticulture diploma and a biology and environmental studies degree.

Any thoughts?

That seems pretty fair to me, as long as you mention the fact that it isn't just weeding and turning the soil over. Pruning and knowing your plant material is entirely different, and more horticulture oriented.

It has been dry around here too!

Anyone competing or work for Gelderman?

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
05-25-2012, 11:09 PM
I am super busy! Doing a bunch of things: Planting- really time consuming!!!
Watering- I want rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's very dry! NOOOOO! :cry: not to mention that the watering is by hand. Hopefully rain comes Sunday cause I need it!!!!
Mowing has slowed down a bit but were still going fasttt!

Loving the HOT weather!

While going to an account from another I found an '08 yes, '08 craftsman lawnmower with a briggs 5.50hp 158cc engine with self propelled.

Problem was that HO was probaly throwing it out because he went up a very high incline resulting in oil starvation and oil pouring out of the muffler.

Solution: Took it home, cleaned it up, changed the spark plug, oil and air filter then it fired up first pull!!!! I think i ve talked enough so good nite!

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
05-27-2012, 02:56 PM
I am super busy! Doing a bunch of things: Planting- really time consuming!!!
Watering- I want rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's very dry! NOOOOO! :cry: not to mention that the watering is by hand. Hopefully rain comes Sunday cause I need it!!!!
Mowing has slowed down a bit but were still going fasttt!

Loving the HOT weather!

While going to an account from another I found an '08 yes, '08 craftsman lawnmower with a briggs 5.50hp 158cc engine with self propelled.

Problem was that HO was probaly throwing it out because he went up a very high incline resulting in oil starvation and oil pouring out of the muffler.

Solution: Took it home, cleaned it up, changed the spark plug, oil and air filter
then it fired up first pull!!!! I think i ve talked enough so good nite!

I hope everyone can understand my spelling because I was really tired the other night. Hope everyone is ok and well

Gilmore.Landscaping
06-01-2012, 11:01 PM
So how was everyone's cutting today? haha.

Thought I would still go out for a while and do bed maintenance at some properties.....Two rain jackets and 3 Shirts later I decided I had enough....

shepoutside
06-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Equipment got washed, LOL

nickslawnltd
07-02-2012, 05:32 PM
How's everyone making out with the drought?

Gilmore.Landscaping
07-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Was still cutting everyone up till friday but this week might be different.
Posted via Mobile Device

nickslawnltd
07-02-2012, 05:37 PM
We have been every other week for a bit now and now they seem done if there not irrigated. Luckily we are contract for everything. The good part is we have been able to stay on top of all of our landscape jobs as we don't dedicate as much time to lawns. Here's hoping to some rain though to get things looking green instead of brown.

THIESSENS TLC
07-14-2012, 09:02 PM
any body know where i can find a granular fertilizer dealer or buy it in bulk?
thanks for any help

nickslawnltd
07-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Not sure where you are located but we use either the local coop or you can try OSC

THIESSENS TLC
07-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Not sure where you are located but we use either the local coop or you can try OSC

im in guelph, whats OSC?

nickslawnltd
07-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Ontario seed company

THIESSENS TLC
07-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Ontario seed company

thanks man:)

nickslawnltd
07-15-2012, 07:12 PM
I just checked there website and they list Waterloo and no fertilizer though they are in London and I've gotten from them in the past. Maybe give them a ring

Gilmore.Landscaping
07-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Ontario Seed Company does everything from seed to fertilizer to pest control. They have many of their own brands which I use a lot but you can also get products like Scotts.

Best to give them a call, they have a full commercial catalog available and they depot is now on wellington Street in Kitchener. They have a more retail location that runs out of the Home Hardware in Uptown Waterloo.

THIESSENS TLC
07-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Ontario Seed Company does everything from seed to fertilizer to pest control. They have many of their own brands which I use a lot but you can also get products like Scotts.

Best to give them a call, they have a full commercial catalog available and they depot is now on wellington Street in Kitchener. They have a more retail location that runs out of the Home Hardware in Uptown Waterloo.

k thanks gilmore

Ottawa
08-08-2012, 05:40 AM
Hello All

I'm considering starting a business. Not specific to lawn care, more general excavation service.
Before I jump into a huge start up debt any advice. In particular I'm trying to work out if the market will support another small excavation company. I see a lot of ads on-line, and from the numbers I've run you would need to charge about $65 to make a living. Even at that rate a person would need to be sure of 40 billable hours per week.
Any advice offered regarding this business area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

wbread
08-08-2012, 10:59 AM
I'm looking for a gps tracking device for my truck, but haven't found many Canadian options - Anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for just basic location tracking.
Thanks!

THIESSENS TLC
10-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Does anybody know if i need a license to apply granular fertilizer? i heard you dont need one for granular, but you need one for liquid. Is this true? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys:canadaflag:

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
03-14-2013, 12:33 PM
:waving:How are all you guys doing? I forgot that I had an account on lawnsite as I was really busy because my buisness is really growing and just seen a Lawnsite ad on a website and then I remembered to come back on here!!

DragonflyGardening
03-31-2013, 11:53 AM
I thought I might post this here instead of on the marketplace because of the lack of Ontario content there - anyone interested in trading a walk-behind for my Gravely 34z? I want to walk...or maybe stand...

nickslawnltd
03-31-2013, 02:49 PM
Sent you a private message

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
03-31-2013, 05:17 PM
DragonFly.... Where are you located?
Posted via Mobile Device

DragonflyGardening
03-31-2013, 05:23 PM
peterborough

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
03-31-2013, 08:38 PM
Darn it!! I'm in Markham I think it might be too far for you?? Dunno

DragonflyGardening
03-31-2013, 08:44 PM
Not really man, driving doesn't phase me, got anything interesting? :)

DragonflyGardening
03-31-2013, 08:51 PM
I gotta say, filling out countless bid forms is really, really fun.

Sorta. Or something.

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
03-31-2013, 09:31 PM
Wright 36" Velke w/greentouch sulky Electric start Kawi Not sure hours, don't remember from last year.

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
03-31-2013, 09:32 PM
I gotta say, filling out countless bid forms is really, really fun.

Sorta. Or something.

? I don't get it am I missing something?

DragonflyGardening
03-31-2013, 09:37 PM
? I don't get it am I missing something?

I'm just working on bids and getting very tired.

that sounds interesting to me, I might have leaned a little bigger, but interested, let me research it a bit.

DragonflyGardening
03-31-2013, 09:41 PM
is that floating deck?

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
03-31-2013, 09:43 PM
don't get too excited LOL! I gotta see what you got too.

rikervolchok
04-09-2013, 03:37 AM
Hi,
I'd like to provide some information on one of Kitchener-Waterloo's top landscaping and lawn care companies

riker:volchok Construction Landscapes & Design
Professional Lawn Care
Complete Lawn Care Packages at the most affordable prices ________________________________________
PROFESSIONAL – EXPERIENCED - VARIETY OF SERVICES – GREAT PRICES GUARANTEED
riker:volchok Construction Landscapes & Design is owned and operated by the head designer for one of the regions largest home builders. We have provided quality lawn care services in KW since 2008 serving hundreds of clients who continually request our services each year. Our vast construction, landscaping and design background allows us to not only offer lawn care services but a variety of services year round. Our goal is to provide the absolute best services in KW at the absolute lowest prices.

Services we offer are as follows but not limited to.

-LAWN AERATION, FERTILIZING, SEEDING, TOP DRESSING, ROLLING

-SOD INSTALLATION AND SEEDING

-GARDEN MAINTENANCE

- AERATION, FERTILIZING, OVER-SEEDING, TOP-DRESSING, ROLLING

-HEDGE AND SHRUB TRIMMING

-TREE PRUNING AND PLANTING

-YARD CLEANUP

-RETAINING WALLS

-PAVESTONE PATIOS,DRIVEWAYS ETC

-AGGREGATE MATERIAL DELIVERY...SOIL,ROCK,MULCH, ETC

-PRESSURE WASHING

-FENCING

-LANDSCAPE DESIGN

http://static.wix.com/media/0d363e_8644fd698f1eae4e9ed13ccc2e121a20.jpg_srz_652_535_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Jaynen
04-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Why would you post that in here? Not very professional when it comes to advertising.

JFGauvreau
04-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Why would you post that in here? Not very professional when it comes to advertising.

Yea lol that advertising is pointless, 99% of people reading this site are contractors and business owners lol.

On a side note: I cannot wait for all this snow to melt! Spring is like 1 month later then last year! I want to go work and make money!

elitemaintenance
04-13-2013, 12:39 AM
Yea lol that advertising is pointless, 99% of people reading this site are contractors and business owners lol.

On a side note: I cannot wait for all this snow to melt! Spring is like 1 month later then last year! I want to go work and make money!

YES! Let's get some nice weather we we can start actually working.. started clean ups last week...to then get snow.. now Monday start again full force.

nickslawnltd
04-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Hopefully everyone is coping with late wet cold spring. We have been slugging through cleanups as best we can. Hoping for a few dry days next week to get some top dressing and seeding done as we found some one that has top soil screened and stored indoors. Lots of mulching to get done. The phone keeeps ringing which is a good thing but a turn in the weather would be nice. The sales in our retail yard has been non existant. Nobody is really looking for any aggregate or mulch in this weather which is a far cry from the last couple of years.

I also would like to see if there is any interest in a Great Dane Super Surfer Mower. It's a stander. 22HP Kohler. 52 Inch fixed deck, this was a home owner used mower and by the looks of it didn't have much use. The lettering on the body rest is still all in tack so it wouldn't have been used much. They didn't come with hour meters unfortanetly so that I do not know. We took over a new lawn a few years ago and the customer called me to see if I was interested in purchasing it and I did. After playing around with it in the yard I realized a stander is not for me and my employees were not big fans either. If your in the market for one make me an offer either cash, cash/trade or straight trade.

I'm located in beautiful Grand Bend, Ontario

THIESSENS TLC
04-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Its 25 degrees out where I am right now!!! Big storm on its way???
Posted via Mobile Device

nickslawnltd
04-18-2013, 03:59 PM
We had the same temp but just got back to the shop. Got far far too windy to be doing cleanups. It was a task even driving in it

Jaynen
04-18-2013, 04:00 PM
Ya its windy as heck. Thought the rake and brooms were gonna snap on the trailer. Anyone worried about the chinch bug situation this year?

Gilmore.Landscaping
05-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Looking for one og these, anyone have an idea where I can get one?

The Bedazzler
02-22-2014, 10:24 PM
Some people may not like this but..............Bump! Lol :canadaflag:

bamp
02-24-2014, 09:40 PM
Just saying Hello to fellow ontario lawn care & landscaping companies.
Hope everyone is getting ready for the upcoming season.
Tune all that equipment!

Ditta&Sons
03-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Still a foot of snow out there.
This thread is 5 years old but it's nice to see more Canadians here.
Anyone from Niagara Falls or St.Catharines?

67ghiaTIV
03-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Just wondering if anyone has some advice on insurance company for a SOLO guy. I will be doing ferts, aerating, pruning etc.

Thanks,
Jamie:canadaflag:

cantoo
03-13-2014, 10:42 PM
Bamp, looks like you got another few weeks to tune that equipment. We're near Lucknow. Run a Walker 2 Bobcats and a Steiner. Do you do any lawn sweeping or gravel sweeping? We do a fair bit using our Steiner and brush.

Porcupine Lawn and Snow
03-21-2014, 11:46 PM
Hello all. coming to ya from Toronto.
Big freezing rain and snow storm coming tonight.

floriolandscape
03-22-2014, 04:55 AM
Hello all. coming to ya from Toronto.
Big freezing rain and snow storm coming tonight.

Can't imagine adding more snow to some of these snowbanks. The guys reported some freezing rain in Oakville/Burlington, luckily no accumulation yet. Next few days are set to drop in temperature....again.

Ditta&Sons
03-22-2014, 08:15 AM
a little rain here in niagara, nothing major.

Porcupine Lawn and Snow
03-22-2014, 11:22 PM
Can't imagine adding more snow to some of these snowbanks. The guys reported some freezing rain in Oakville/Burlington, luckily no accumulation yet. Next few days are set to drop in temperature....again.

I was in Oakville earlier today and the roads were bone dry.
3cm of accumulation here but I just burned it off with salt.

a little rain here in niagara, nothing major.

Hopefully be mowing late May. That is my goal with this crazy weather. When is everyone sending out postcards/door hangers?

Porcupine Lawn and Snow
03-25-2014, 07:37 PM
Anyone got any mowers for sale? Preferably 36" walk behind or stand-on. Thanks!

Porcupine Lawn and Snow
04-15-2014, 05:52 PM
What is everyone thinking about this dump of snow we got....! I think its absolutely nuts :confused:

Jamie James
04-15-2014, 08:35 PM
If I had no family here in Ontario I would pick me things up and head out of here. The summers bring in bad air quality and the winters suck. The positive is muskoka and the camping and fishing.