PDA

View Full Version : Line-X not just only for trucks!!

02DURAMAX
03-24-2008, 01:24 AM
Take a look at this...Line-X Tough..

http://www.linex.com/video_paxcon.shtml

GravelyNut
03-24-2008, 08:17 AM
Smash Lab tried it. Without, pickup truck was in pieces. With, the bed stayed attached and intact. Also worked on a block wall.

Swampy
03-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Smash Lab tried it. Without, pickup truck was in pieces. With, the bed stayed attached and intact. Also worked on a block wall.

A few problems with it. Building materials are ridged a concrete or brick buildings have no give. Though it might protect the people from the initial blast but what about the buildings structural integrity? The workers would get out just fine but the firemen, police, and government agencies that follow. The other thing they didn't show what about directional charges? Any moron can pack C4 into a truck and blow it up. But most Bomb "artists" a directional blast using less explosive can be up to 4 times as powerful than using more explosive to create the same blast zone. Also the shrapnel from the initial explosion isn't just what the bomb is housed in but everything the blast picks up it might pieces from another car, rocks and stones, street signs, wood, chunks of concrete, etc. How is it going to stop objects from piercing it? Whats its life span when exposed to freezing and thawing, sunlight, and air pollutant's? Earthqaukes, tornadoes, hurricanes, the natural disasters?

Not to shoot it down, every little bit helps. In my opinion if the building's architecture was changed to give more corners rather than flat surfaces, and use a Kevlar matting behind it would stop some of the objects thrown in the blast. At least its a step in the right direction.

DLCS
03-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Great, lets start using it more often. Cost shouldn't be a problem, when it comes to safety of our people.

Lawn Enforcer
03-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Pretty cool, maybe I'll coat my entire mower with it. Hmmmmmm......something to consider-

02DURAMAX
03-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Pretty cool, maybe I'll coat my entire mower with it. Hmmmmmm......something to consider-

you'd be looking at like $500 for that..:dizzy:

PlatinumLandCon
03-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Hell, if its good enough for the Pentagon, i'm sure it can hold up to some gravel and salt. Cool vid!

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger
03-25-2008, 07:52 AM
This reminds me of my friends dad bought a Vortex bedliner spray system, he was only in business for a short time doing it but while he had it he sprayed just about everything they owned with that junk, I kid you not.......Even Their Shower!

J&R Landscaping
03-25-2008, 08:17 PM
That video was cool.