PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my logo?

Gareth
03-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Hi there.

I am debating hiring a professional to do a logo for me - but have had a look round and come up with my own solution, below. Its actually free clip art.

It will have whatever name i choose above it and a slogan below it, like "cutting edge lawn care" - but what do you established business owners think of it though? Any and all thoughts gratefully received.

stevesmowing
03-24-2008, 02:23 PM
I think there are too many colors and too much detail. If you are printing it on all of your documents how will it look in black and white? unless everything is color. Also, for screen printing shirts or vinyl work on trucks every additional color is costly. I'd see what other ideas you can brainstorm. I made about 20 logo's or more before picking the one I liked the best.

Runner
03-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Too cartoony. I'm looking for chickens to run across, or something.:dancing::rolleyes:

Ravenwood Landscaping
03-24-2008, 02:45 PM
It might look good without the falling leaves and turning all of the trees to the same color as the grass. Without seeing it, I don't know. There is something about the falling leaves that I don't agree with, but I can't put my finger on it.

Hoss315er
03-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Looks like a hippie Woodstock poster to me.

Grits
03-24-2008, 10:52 PM
It looks good, BUT....too many colors and too much detail. If you plan on getting shirts made with that logo it will cost a small fortune. Also, it would be difficult to get it in vinyl to go on a truck. These are just a couple examples of why to keep it to a limited number of colors.

Gareth
03-25-2008, 06:30 AM
Ok all, thanks for all your comments. You did mirror the doubts I had about it, and thanks for that.

Best,
G.