PDA

View Full Version : Manufacturer Garden Light?

dusktildawn
03-24-2008, 04:24 PM
I have been speaking with them regarding their products and wanted to get more feedback from the public before using them. The product looks good and the customer service has been great so far. any thoughts?

www.gardenlightinc.com

NightScenes
03-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Garden Light???:laugh::laugh::laugh:

NiteTymeIlluminations
03-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Does anyone else think its weird that 2 threads have been started. Many people have replied to the other one all with 2,3 or 4 posts, so all new members and they all say the same thing. Think someone is trying to bamboozle this forum with a bunch a lies???

I've heard alot about garden light and I have to laugh at this attempt and from what I've heard it goes right along with what I've heard about this company...sorry fellas

irrig8r
03-24-2008, 06:15 PM
I have a feeling Garden Light is trying to get some free exposure...

Strange BTW that they have a date on their PDF catalog of 2004, but I've never heard of them before...

JoeyD
03-24-2008, 06:40 PM
I started to type the same thing after I read Paul's post but then I was like nah they will just think I am hating.

irrig8r
03-24-2008, 08:46 PM
I have been speaking with them regarding their products and wanted to get more feedback from the public before using them. The product looks good and the customer service has been great so far. any thoughts?

www.gardenlightinc.com

The other thread shows this link to what looks like a different website for them...

http://www.landscape-lighting.net/index.html

So, technically speaking...are they a "manufacturer", or an "importer"?

NightScenes
03-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Don't you hate it when manufactures try to pass themselves off as contractors?

pete scalia
03-24-2008, 09:23 PM
keep the thread going and posting their links and you are doing exactly what they want.

Chris J
03-24-2008, 09:51 PM
I received a couple of samples from them a couple of years ago. The fixtures have been holding up very well and have no corrosion on them whatsoever. They don't even get dirty!
The reason is they looked so cheap when I took them out of the box I threw them under the bench in my shop and that is where they have lived for the last two years. I wouldn't install that crap at Pete's house!

pete scalia
03-24-2008, 11:08 PM
I received a couple of samples from them a couple of years ago. The fixtures have been holding up very well and have no corrosion on them whatsoever. They don't even get dirty!
The reason is they looked so cheap when I took them out of the box I threw them under the bench in my shop and that is where they have lived for the last two years. I wouldn't install that crap at Pete's house!

Thanks...I think

Chris J
03-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Just messin Pete. I Love ya Man!

pete scalia
03-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Just messin Pete. I Love ya Man!

God bless ya my brotha!

NightScenes
03-25-2008, 07:57 AM

Same here Chris, sometimes I take it out to show people what I won't install.

Lite4
03-25-2008, 09:24 AM
I have never personally seen these products first hand. Must be akin to Malibu.

dusktildawn
03-25-2008, 09:37 AM
who's product do you recommend. as a non hub system installer

extlights
03-25-2008, 10:06 AM
A non hub installer eh? Hmmmm.....I think back in the old ages the fixtures were only made to work in a daisy chained system....that's it, now I think most of them are only made for a hub system....if you chain them, they might not work....I don't really know though. :laugh::):rolleyes:

Just playing with ya...just find a quality manu. with a good warranty....garden light does not belong to this catagory. I think there is a thread around here somewhere that lists some good lines.

dusktildawn
03-25-2008, 10:33 AM
I received a couple of samples from them that look real good. solid copper path light and a bullet light.

extlights
03-25-2008, 11:52 AM
I received a couple of samples from them that look real good. solid copper path light and a bullet light.

Now go get a solid copper pathlight and bullet light from some of the top maufacturers and compare. You'll surely see and feel the difference between the two. If you're new to the industry then maybe you won't, but if that's the case then I'd highly recommend taking some of the pro's advice on here and stick with proven fixture lines. :waving:

NightLightingFX
03-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Hey Guys,
Garden Light is not bad. That web site doesn't have their quality fixtures that Contractors like ourselves can get. I am hearing a lot of hate about them from people who haven't tried their produt. If you want to be narrow minded about possible products that can set you apart from the competition that is your problem. Some of their stuff is junk, I think Kitchler has some junk I would never use also. For those of you open minded, and are willing to try other fixtures I would suggust you contact them and get a catalog. I don't use a lot of their product and I don't see myself using a lot in the future but there has been occasions where their products have been perfect for the job. I don't care about Garden Light one way or the other, but I have to be honest, I don't think they deserve the kind of wrap you guys are giving them
~Ned

dusktildawn
03-25-2008, 12:36 PM
i have to admit i've tried some mail order stuff in the past and it was not even close to the quality of the samples i received from them. I will however get some products from some of the bigger names (kichler, hadco, cast, etc) to compare. thanks for the advice.