PDA

View Full Version : Server busy

grass_cuttin_fool
03-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Anyone else getting this tonight...''Server busy try again later'' or............Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.lawnsite.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Just curious.....been happening for the last hour or so at times

wayne

bobcat_ron
03-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Seems like it is more now since switching to "powered by Moose River..............." what ever the hell that means.

JB1
03-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Seems like it is more now since switching to "powered by Moose River..............." what ever the hell that means.

It means SLOW............

Supper Grassy
03-24-2008, 08:58 PM
It means SLOW............

You have that right

GreenNation
03-24-2008, 10:25 PM
Moose River Media must not be a very reliable LCO! I guess their blades are a little dull 'cause they ain't cuttin it! Got better things to do than this crap.

Jason Rose
03-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Driving me NUTS having to wait so long looking at a blank screen for every thread I click on to come up. Dosn't seem to do any good to complain anymore. Used to be you said something and one of the techs would pop up and fix it within a few hours... this has been going on now for weeks, since it changed to the Moose, and no one cares it seems.

bobcat_ron
03-24-2008, 10:56 PM
This is a bunch of bull! We never had this problem before!!

FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!! FIX IT!!

JB1
03-24-2008, 10:58 PM
Driving me NUTS having to wait so long looking at a blank screen for every thread I click on to come up. Dosn't seem to do any good to complain anymore. Used to be you said something and one of the techs would pop up and fix it within a few hours... this has been going on now for weeks, since it changed to the Moose, and no one cares it seems.

Put up a nudie picture and see how fast they take of that, but this ?????????????????

Jason Rose
03-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Put up a nudie picture and see how fast they take of that, but this ?????????????????

Don't get me started there... I got all hopped up and started posting pics on the claender girls thread, only to have almost HALF of them removed. No reasons given. I tried and tried to figure out WHY, because a lot of the other pics that were posted before and after me were waaaay "worse" than what I had posted. I flippin gave up. I was just trying to have a little fun and provide some entertainment, then someone with a vendetta has to come along and pick on people. :angry:

1MajorTom
03-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Don't get me started there... I got all hopped up and started posting pics on the claender girls thread, only to have almost HALF of them removed. No reasons given. I tried and tried to figure out WHY, because a lot of the other pics that were posted before and after me were waaaay "worse" than what I had posted. I flippin gave up. I was just trying to have a little fun and provide some entertainment, then someone with a vendetta has to come along and pick on people. :angry:

That simply is not true. I know had never removed any of your pics, but I was curious to see what you were talking about. So i ran a search from the last 6 months on any pic that you posted that had been removed.
I found THREE individual posts of yours that had been removed. Now, on each of those posts, you had posted 5 pictures each. So when one post got removed, all 5 pictures ended up being gone when the offending picture was pulled. That may be what you are referring to, but it is not nearly HALF as you claimed. It's always the same, no girlies showing too much behind, (translation naked butts or thongs), no see thru bikini tops, and no girls that look to be under 18 as this site does not permit that. No vendetta against you, that's just plain silly. Hope that clears things up.

Charles
03-25-2008, 08:41 AM
Yea, Jason, you and other posters would be better off posting one picture per post and of course making sure each picture doesn't violate the rules Jodi talked about

Lawn-Sharks
03-25-2008, 09:10 AM
<------------Same connection problems

Tom Tom
03-25-2008, 11:28 AM
That simply is not true. I know had never removed any of your pics, but I was curious to see what you were talking about. So i ran a search from the last 6 months on any pic that you posted that had been removed.
I found THREE individual posts of yours that had been removed. Now, on each of those posts, you had posted 5 pictures each. So when one post got removed, all 5 pictures ended up being gone when the offending picture was pulled. That may be what you are referring to, but it is not nearly HALF as you claimed. It's always the same, no girlies showing too much behind, (translation naked butts or thongs), no see thru bikini tops, and no girls that look to be under 18 as this site does not permit that. No vendetta against you, that's just plain silly. Hope that clears things up.

Jason did make his point thou. His post was responded to in 18 minutes. Why weren't the other posts responded to about the site being slow? And why not comment about the site being slow so as to kill 2 birds with one stone sorta thing?

Personally, I could care less about the site being slow.

Supper Grassy
03-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Jodi and Charles

why is it that you respond to a post that is off topic and not to the posts about the topic of the thread

Sean Adams
03-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Jodi and Charles are responding in regard to things that they are involved in (moderating). You can't blame them for not commenting on the server.

We are running tests right now (on the server) - so far, all connectivity results are good from the testing being done.

Those that have the issues, let me know if the issue is all the time or only at certain times, and how you are connecting to the site. I think it will help us get closer and closer to a solution.

P.S - "Powered by Moose River" is merely wording we eneded to the site description.... it means that Moose River Media is making this site possible... it's not a tech thing... I just wanted to clear that up so there wasn't any confusion

THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE EVERYONE

Supper Grassy
03-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Ok, sean i am sorry for calling them out i just thought that they might have commmented on the problem.

What is the best way to contact you with the problem times?

Sean Adams
03-25-2008, 02:56 PM
You can post it in this thread or you can email me at sean@mooserivermedia.com - I'd be curious to see if your problem times are the same as the other members are experiencing.

Thanks.

Supper Grassy
03-25-2008, 10:26 PM
Sean
I had a few probelms berfore 10 but post of the problems are after 10

My problem times... 8:26, 9:22, 10:13, 10:16, 10:19, 10:21, and lastly 10:24

cgaengineer
03-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Sean
I had a few probelms berfore 10 but post of the problems are after 10

My problem times... 8:26, 9:22, 10:13, 10:16, 10:19, 10:21, and lastly 10:24

Same here...the site is actually so slow that at times I just get mad and turn computer off. Whatever was changed within the last few weeks has an effect on the sites speed. I am using a DSL connection

bobcat_ron
03-25-2008, 11:11 PM
4:30 - 6:00 and 7:00 - 9:00 PM PST for me.

Brian Hay
03-26-2008, 01:20 PM
I get the server busy message once in a while. Usually at times that you would expect the site to be getting it's most traffic (peek hours). I just assumed it was growing pains. This site is huge and getting bigger every day. I imagine it takes a LOT of time and resources to keep it running smooth and for the price 99% of us pay to be here (free) I don't think we have anything to complain about. I for one won't get discouraged if it's slow for a while, even if it went totally down for a while. I would keep checking on it and thank the lawnsite team for their efforts when they got it going again.

Supper Grassy
03-26-2008, 09:06 PM
I am getting server busy

its ~9:00 EST

Jason Rose
03-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Right NOW for me too. Took 4 tries to get to another thread I was subscribed too.

cgaengineer
03-26-2008, 09:21 PM
9:15 EST nothing, lawnsite didnt even load for me...took several page refreshes to finally get in...then it was slow as hell.

Its really easy to fix...Little pipe, a little water, big pipe...lots of water...we need a bigger pipe!

bobcat_ron
03-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Fix it, for the time it takes to load a page, I can cruise through all my threads at elsewhere, don't make me rack up a 1000 posts elsewhere Admins!

Sean Adams
03-27-2008, 10:39 AM
OK, we are definitely working on this. It appears that the difficulty is mostly in the evening - somewhere in the 8 to 11 pm EST area... I will get back to this thread as soon as we pin point this problem and fix it. I don't want anyone being annoyed with the site - that's what I am here for :rolleyes:

JB1
03-27-2008, 10:45 AM
I am getting the server busy thing NOW.

Sean Adams
03-27-2008, 10:48 AM
This is what I mean about the problem being something other than the size of the server - I have been on the site since 6:30 this morning and I have been moving around lightning quick on the site with no delay or problems. I am working on it as we speak and I really apologize for the inconvenience.

cgaengineer
03-27-2008, 11:30 AM
This is what I mean about the problem being something other than the size of the server - I have been on the site since 6:30 this morning and I have been moving around lightning quick on the site with no delay or problems. I am working on it as we speak and I really apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the feedback...I hate to complain about something that is free to use, but I am sure the sponsors would like a site that moves right along without too much trouble.

bobcat_ron
03-27-2008, 08:39 PM
This life would be useless with out complaints.

jsf343
03-27-2008, 09:41 PM
wow, I have DSL and it is really loading slow (6:40pm pm paciffic time)I have had serious trouble trying to get on for the last hour or so. Just FYI, not complaining.:waving:

cgaengineer
03-27-2008, 10:08 PM
No server busy msg, but very slow to load tonight.

bill8379
03-28-2008, 08:04 PM
I wonder if Sean has a private forum where they call us PITA's like we call our customers.:laugh:

This problem has been around for years, off and on.

Restrorob
03-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Evidently nothing has been resolved as of yet because it's lagging right now.

I've gotten to the point if this site/pages doesn't load as normal I go to another of my 20 plus message boards......

ed2hess
03-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Same here slow now.....very very slow not enjoying it at all.

bobcat_ron
03-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Same here!!

Supper Grassy
03-31-2008, 09:52 PM
Sean it is very slow right now

IndyChad
03-31-2008, 09:56 PM
Agree! SSSSOOOOOO Frustrating