PDA

View Full Version : professional logo designers

Gareth
03-25-2008, 05:49 AM
Hi there -

After deciding that my current logo idea is too 'busy', I've decided to get someone who knows what they are doing in green industry logo's to do one for me.

I do have an idea, but need to talk it through with someone who, frankly, has some artistic ability.

Do any of you established people know a great green industry logo designer?

Thanks once again for your help on this, its much appreciated.

greenpepper
03-25-2008, 06:39 AM
I personally used Plan-it Graphics. You'll find Bob is very easy to work with and does exceptional work. He works in the green industry, so he has some good recomendations for those willing to listen.

http://www.plan-itgraphics.com/index.html

Check out their website...

Good Luck!

cgaengineer
03-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Another vote for Bob at plan-itgraphics. Bob did my logo, and business cards. His price was affordable and I was pleased with his work.

Gareth
03-26-2008, 04:02 AM
I checked out his site and liked what I saw - he does good stuff - so I sent him an e-mail.

That was early yesterday and i haven't heard back which is a shame. Do any of you guys know anyone else?

cgaengineer
03-26-2008, 06:35 AM
I checked out his site and liked what I saw - he does good stuff - so I sent him an e-mail.

That was early yesterday and i haven't heard back which is a shame. Do any of you guys know anyone else?

Bob runs a lawn care company so he was likely out. I will guarantee you will hear from him today. If not let me know and I will also contact him.

JeffNY
03-26-2008, 07:55 AM
not sure what your willing to spend, but if you actually want a professional job from someone who does it for a living, let me know.
Just a heads up though, if your looking for something for $100, this isn't the guy.

cgaengineer
03-26-2008, 08:08 AM
I think Bob does a professional job for $50...as a matter of fact I see most logos being designed for about $50...it seems like the going rate for the green industry.

JeffNY
03-26-2008, 08:36 AM
I think Bob does a professional job for $50...as a matter of fact I see most logos being designed for about $50...it seems like the going rate for the green industry.

"I checked out his site and liked what I saw - he does good stuff - so I sent him an e-mail.
That was early yesterday and i haven't heard back which is a shame. Do any of you guys know anyone else?"

Never said he didn't do a good job, he wanted another name because he didn't hear back from bob, so I offered.

Gareth
03-26-2008, 08:42 AM
. . . And thanks for that, its appreciated.

Ill wait to hear from Bob for now though as the guy you know seems like he would be a little to expensive for me, though i will certainly bear him in mind and see how things pan out as i am looking for very high quality work.

Regards,
Gareth Thompson.

cgaengineer
03-26-2008, 09:08 AM
. . . And thanks for that, its appreciated.

Ill wait to hear from Bob for now though as the guy you know seems like he would be a little to expensive for me, though i will certainly bear him in mind and see how things pan out as i am looking for very high quality work.

Regards,
Gareth Thompson.

I just sent an email to Bob to see if we couldn't get a rise out of him. I will let you know if he replies.

Gareth
03-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Thanks Chris.

I haven't heard from him yet - ill give him till tomorrow British time and then im going to commission logo ideas from elsewhere. Time is becoming critical and the logo is the linchpin of it all. There is no use ordering leaflet designs, door hangers and brochures before i have a great logo, and they all need to be in place before startup.

Runner
03-26-2008, 09:56 PM
We have a member here (Grits) that does it, also. he does some pretty nice work, and has hooked a COUPLE of people here up.

cgaengineer
03-27-2008, 11:26 AM
For some reason Bob is not getting your emails can you try the following email address XXS624@aol.com

Gareth
03-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Thanks again Chris - I have just sent him an e-mail on that address. Lets hope i get luckier this time.

Frue
03-27-2008, 03:49 PM
get a hold of grits

GravelyGuy
03-27-2008, 03:51 PM
If you want a professional logo consider thelogocompany.com

They did mine and I am very happy.

kleankutslawn
03-27-2008, 05:48 PM
please let me know who answers because im interested in a logo also.

Gareth
03-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Ok, still no answer. In a latch ditch effort i will repost the whole e-mail here;

Hi there. I've been trying to get in contact with you through your site after being recommended through lawnsite, but have been having difficulty.

I have actually employed some other designers to get my logo sorted - as I didn't hear back from you - however I am going to need leaflets, and I like the concept of door hangers. Also, a brochure would seem to be a good idea too. I could also use postcards as an alternative form of leaflet.

I have been passed this e-mail address through lawnsite, and below is a copy of the e-mail I originally sent you through your site. I hope this finds you well.

I'm actually interested in all your products, each and every one.

I'm starting up in the lawn mowing business over in Britain and need an image for my company, and I like what I see on your site.

I will concentrate on lawn mowing and hedge trimming for rich clients with large houses, and my image needs to look 'right' to get them interested.

Now I'm interested in all your products, and what I want is a coherent theme to go through them all which we can work on together.

Interested?

cgaengineer
03-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Ok, still no answer. In a latch ditch effort i will repost the whole e-mail here;

Hi there. I've been trying to get in contact with you through your site after being recommended through lawnsite, but have been having difficulty.

I have actually employed some other designers to get my logo sorted - as I didn't hear back from you - however I am going to need leaflets, and I like the concept of door hangers. Also, a brochure would seem to be a good idea too. I could also use postcards as an alternative form of leaflet.

I have been passed this e-mail address through lawnsite, and below is a copy of the e-mail I originally sent you through your site. I hope this finds you well.
I called, no answer but mentions to call before 9 and not after 2

Did you ever try to use his online form? http://www.plan-itgraphics.com/orderform.html

I'm actually interested in all your products, each and every one.

I'm starting up in the lawn mowing business over in Britain and need an image for my company, and I like what I see on your site.

I will concentrate on lawn mowing and hedge trimming for rich clients with large houses, and my image needs to look 'right' to get them interested.

Now I'm interested in all your products, and what I want is a coherent theme to go through them all which we can work on together.

Interested?

I am thinking he has some kind of filter that is blocking your email address...I cant figure it out? I emailed him and he replied? I will give him a call.

I called, no answer...did you ever try to use his form? http://www.plan-itgraphics.com/orderform.html

Gareth
03-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Hi Chris.

Yes i did - that was my first way of trying to contact him. The e-mail i copied onto here was the second. Very odd!

If he is a member here, the best thing will probably be for him to reply on this thread just to say hi and get in contact.

Regards,
Gareth Thompson
Lawn and Leaf

Aaron's Lawn Care
03-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Wow looks like he does some really nice stuff. I wish I would have seen him before I ordered enough business cards and business card magnets to last me for about 3 years. I'd still like to use him for some advertising materials though.

I'm interested to see the outcome of Gareth's situation. Thanks.