PDA

View Full Version : My B-Day present!

Lawn Enforcer
03-25-2008, 02:56 PM
My 17th birthday is next week, so I thought I would buy myself something really nice-a 42" front-mount dethatcher! Only $39 at Runnings! I'll put it either on the front of the new Everride FX 34" that I buy or the Walker MCGHS 42" that I buy. I'm not sure which one to get-

Lawn Enforcer
03-25-2008, 02:57 PM
One more pic for now-I can't wait to start spring clean-ups!

metro36
03-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Looks good. I bought my self a power rake for by b-day too.

lifetree
03-25-2008, 08:49 PM
My 17th birthday is next week ... the new Everride FX 34" that I buy or the Walker MCGHS 42" that I buy. I'm not sure which one to get-

Only 17 and going to get a new machine like that ... congratulations, most people can't afford a Walker just to start out with !!

SchultzLawnCare
03-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Sweet. Thats the one you were telling me about. Im sixteen and love doing lawns. expecialy with me new equpiment :]

Blueribbonlawns
03-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Get the walker!

Lawn Enforcer
03-25-2008, 09:14 PM
I am now kind of leaning toward the Everride, I think the Walker may be too big for some of my properties, thus defeating the purpose of getting a new mower for me. I want to get a new mower and get rid of some other mowers to clear up some room in my shop, just having 2 very good mowers and having more space in the shop I'm in now. If I buy the Walker, I think I would need to keep my 44" Toro Proline to mow some of my lawns. I was going to buy another shop, but I don't have the funds right now to buy a building.

DK lawn care
03-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Im interested in that to. Can u provide a link or somthing?

Bruce's Lawn Service
03-25-2008, 09:31 PM
My 17th birthday is next week, so I thought I would buy myself something really nice-a 42" front-mount dethatcher! Only $39 at Runnings! I'll put it either on the front of the new Everride FX 34" that I buy or the Walker MCGHS 42" that I buy. I'm not sure which one to get-

Why didn't you go with the JRCO rake?:hammerhead:

02DURAMAX
03-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Why didn't you go with the JRCO rake?:hammerhead:

Do you Feel Ok?:hammerhead::hammerhead:

KS_Grasscutter
03-25-2008, 11:03 PM
Dude, get the Walker! Love my 42" MCGHS. Cant beat the cut or stripes from them, plus they kick everything else's ass pretty bad when it comes to leaf cleanup.

Lawn Enforcer
03-26-2008, 09:38 AM
I would love the Walker, but I think it may be too big for some of my properties.

The reasons that I didn't get a Jrco:
1. I wasn't planning on buying a dethatcher, but this one was only $39
2. Jrco would be about $450
3. I saved money

Lawn Enforcer
03-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Im interested in that to. Can u provide a link or somthing?

What do you want a link to?

GreenClips
03-26-2008, 12:32 PM
where did you get that dethatcher for $39?

Lawn Enforcer
03-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Runnings Farm & Fleet in New Ulm, MN.

GreenClips
03-27-2008, 10:26 AM
do they have a website?...i want to order one but i cant find it...

Lawn Enforcer
03-27-2008, 05:47 PM
do they have a website?...i want to order one but i cant find it...

The dethatcher was bought on clearance. It was last years model and it had been sitting there for quite a while (that's what the lady told me) so you won't find one for that price at Runnings anymore.

grassmanak
03-27-2008, 07:08 PM
i would have gave you one for free, i have an old john deere one that someone gave me, it looks new and is heavy duty. It tears up the grass to bad, not for me i guess.

Sydenstricker Landscaping
03-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Good job saving money!!! That was a steal, tow behind ones go for like 80 bucks or so at Lowe's. I had an old tow behind dethatcher that I rigged up to fit onto my Z or the WB. If I were you, go for the Walker. They hold their value over a very long period of time. If you kept it 5 years and traded it, you wouldnt get beat up on the price as bad. The Walker versus the Everride.......why even compare? They arent even in the same class. Walker is in a class of its own, imo. Plus they are very versatile and you can get many, many attachments for them. The catcher holds depending on the model, 7-9.5 bushels. That is alot more than the Everride could hold in a side mount bag. Raking lawns with a side bag gets old REAL fast. You are dumping it out more than you are on the machine. You will be surprised at how much crap those dethatchers dig up!!! Good luck with your new toy!!

Lawn Enforcer
03-27-2008, 09:17 PM
I've been dethatching lawns with a side bagger on a Toro for the last 2 years, I know what it is like.

The reason I am going for the Everride is that I think the Walker will be too big for some of my properties, so I'd need to keep my Toro Proline. I want to get rid of the Toro to clear up some much needed space in my shop, then I could also sell my Dixon. The Walker I was going to buy is a 1995 model, 16 hp Kohler,
42in GHS (6.7 bushel). The deck doesn't tilt all the way up, so it would be an extremely tight squeeze on my trailer with my 52" Scorpion. I would love to have a Walker, I just don't think it is the direction I need to go with my business at this time.

And YES, I do love finding amazing deals like this!