PDA

View Full Version : BillyGoat

SamTheLawnMan
03-25-2008, 07:05 PM
I have to do a big mulch job and was wondering if anybody ever used a Billygoat to suck up all the old mulch? or if it will even work?
I was going to rent one at a local rent-all, but before I go over there and ask them if it would work I thought I would ask here first.(cause they won't have a clue)

J&R Landscaping
03-25-2008, 08:07 PM
My Billygoat kd502 vac sucks up mulch with little effort. I usually just cover the existing mulch with the new mulch though.

BeautifulBlooms
03-25-2008, 08:32 PM
My first question is why do you think you need to remove the old mulch?

SamTheLawnMan
03-25-2008, 08:38 PM
The mulch that is down is pine bark and it looks like it's been down for years. Plus pine bark in my area draws the termites. and it's about time for them to start being active.

BeautifulBlooms
03-25-2008, 08:42 PM
OK sounds reasonable. I just never recommend removing mulch as it is there for a reason it is supposed to break down naturally to add organic matter to the soil and provide moisture retention for plants. I know nothing about termites or pine bark so I cant say if it would need to be removed or not.

I have no Billy Goat so I guess I have nothing else to say here. I added in thinking I might be able to help someone who didnt know what they were doing, but I guess i cannot comment on your area orr your specific situation.

Best of luck.

BrandonV
03-25-2008, 09:48 PM
if it is pine "bark" it won't bring termites, they eat the interior wood. now if it's just pine chips or ground stumps etc yeah I can see that.