PDA

View Full Version : Is this a deal for a Bedscaper 5.5hp Honda bed edger? Ever use one?

thefed
03-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Guy near me is selling one with supposedly 50 hrs on it,2399 list new, 5.5 hp honda be-300 model bedscaper by ez trench.

Asking $950...seems cheap

My question is this: why is this one 5.5 hp while i see some 13 hp monsters? whats the difference? will this thing bog down a lot or what???

02DURAMAX
03-26-2008, 12:43 AM
Give me his number and I'll ask him if it bogs down or not.....:laugh::)...JK..That seems cheap..ask him if he lets you test it out before you buy it to make sure..

thefed
03-26-2008, 12:47 AM
Give me his number and I'll ask him if it bogs down or not.....:laugh::)...JK..That seems cheap..ask him if he lets you test it out before you buy it to make sure..

oohhhh,i asked...and he said sure.... we'll see tomorrow

mhussey
03-26-2008, 08:11 AM
I tell you what those machines do a heck of good job on cutting new beds and shaping existing ones. I rented one last Friday for a job I am in the process of doing. I was thinking this thing had like 8 or 8.5 HP Honda on it. Man what a beast. You can make some good money with those units in a very short amount of time.

Good luck with your find. Sounds like a good deal to me.

beck
03-26-2008, 09:14 AM
we have the 310 and i think it works well

the diffference between the two is that the 310 has a clutch so if it bogs down it disengages in a hope to save belts

sounds like a good buy

thefed
03-26-2008, 01:43 PM
well got it and tried 2 use it a bit....seems to work ok in semi-wet dirt....if its too wet tho it bogs right down and dies.

i also cant seem to find the oil filter location??? it says theres a sensor that stops engine on low oil, so when i tip the thing on a hill, it dies....

didnt get the darn manual...i forgot!