PDA

View Full Version : grade my agreement again.

stevenf
03-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Made some changes. I need this finalized very soon so I can get it to my current customers.
Let me know what you think, and what you think about the dec 1st- feb 28th service. I dont want this agreement to be binding in ANY way and I think the winter service might scare people off.

Steven Fisher
(***)***-0158
Customer Name: ____________________
Billing Address: ____________¨¨¨¨_________

Service agreement for Lawn Care Maintenance

Lawn service is to be provided from starting date listed below and continue thereafter on a __________ schedule during the growing season and once a month from December 1st -February 28th. In the event of inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances the services provided will be scheduled for the next available date. Lawn service will include mowing all turf areas, trimming all turf areas inaccessible to mower with a line trimmer, edging all walkways and driveways, and blowing all resulting clippings with a power blower. The cost for this service will be $___________ per visit. This agreement shall commence on ____________and continue thereafter as long as both parties are satisfied. Customers will be placed on a monthly billing cycle. All invoices will be mailed at the end of each month. Any bill received more than 7 days after due date will be subject to a late fee charge.
Notes to Service Agreement
Additional service may be provided as needed at customer request.

If you are not satisfied with the level of service you are being provided please notify Turf Trimmers immediately so that we can correct this in a timely manner. Turf Trimmers Landscape Management strives to complete work in a respectable manner each and every visit. If for any reason the customer needs to cancel service, cancellation must be made over the phone at least five days before next service.

By signing below, you (the customer) are agreeing to the above terms

Date: _____________ Signature: ___________________
Original copy Owner signature: ___________________

KSL
03-26-2008, 02:37 AM
nice copy and edit from gopher:hammerhead:

Mr.Lawn
03-26-2008, 04:29 AM
thought i had seen that somewhere before.

georgiagrass
03-26-2008, 01:53 PM
State the late penalty terms specifically if you want to have any chance of enforcing them.

stevenf
03-26-2008, 02:03 PM
I did have a late fee penalty charge but someone on here said it was illigal to charge that much. Now Im trying to find out the legal charge but cant find anything about it, ANYWHERE!

Weekes
03-26-2008, 02:06 PM
I did have a late fee penalty charge but someone on here said it was illigal to charge that much. Now Im trying to find out the legal charge but cant find anything about it, ANYWHERE!

Call a collection agency and have them collections for you. They will give you all the needed wording info and legal amounts you can charge.

kleankutslawn
03-26-2008, 02:12 PM
you did a good job editing.lol

georgiagrass
03-26-2008, 03:33 PM

Limitations on late fee charges are a matter of state law and will vary depending on your state.

thegreensideup
03-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Do you think it would be a good idea to add something in the event of a drought that the customer should call you the day before their scheduled service if they need to skip that week?

stevenf
03-27-2008, 01:15 AM
Do yall think I should include the once a month from dec 1st- feb 28th or should I reword it with a fall and spring cleanup?

Mr.Lawn
03-27-2008, 03:28 AM
I agree with Georgia response, but your late fee up, then have the customer initial the section or sign it in that area. I didn't't think about late fees and contracts early on, but now I use both contract and late fees. The attorney generals office and find out what the max you can charge on late fees. by using late fees you will be able to train your customer.

stevenf
03-27-2008, 06:20 AM
How can I be more specific about the late fees?

georgiagrass
03-27-2008, 09:21 AM
Do yall think I should include the once a month from dec 1st- feb 28th or should I reword it with a fall and spring cleanup?

We do some of both. Some of our customers want service year round, although only at a frequency of once per month in January and February. Others want a spring cleanup. Still others simply discontinue service over the winter and resume in March. A cleanup is not always necessary if they don't have many trees.

georgiagrass
03-27-2008, 09:27 AM
How can I be more specific about the late fees?

Tell the customer with as much specificity as possible what the consequence of not paying on time will be. For example, you will add a late fee of $20; or you will add a late fee of 5% of the outstanding bill amount. You may wish to add an interest penalty in lieu of or in addition to the late fee, such as 1.5% per month until paid. Find out what is acceptable in your state and find out what others are doing in your area. It is good that you are thinking about this in advance, because you will have customers who will not pay you on time.

georgiagrass
03-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Do you think it would be a good idea to add something in the event of a drought that the customer should call you the day before their scheduled service if they need to skip that week?

This is a tricky issue. We include a provision in our pay-by-the-service agreements that we adhere to a schedule and that will include visits where the customer may perceive that the grass does not need to be cut. We still do whatever work can be done on those visits, such as pruning, weeding, picking up sticks, pinecones, blowing off the hard surfaces, etc., and we still charge them for a regular service. In our annual agreements, where the customer has contracted for a set number of visits or pays a flat rate per month, we simply adjust our visits according to the work that needs to be done. If you train the customer that they can alter your schedule by calling you when they think their grass needs to be cut, you risk becoming an on-demand service, running on their schedule instead of yours. In the end, however, you have to adjust to your customers' reasonable expectations -- whether you've got it covered in your agreement or not.