PDA

View Full Version : another WB question

brent crumley
03-26-2008, 02:03 AM
ok, i was considering buying a new wb,a quick 36 but i keep reading here that they are hard to steer. SO TELL ME WHAT IS THE EASIEST WB ON THE MARKET THAT DOES'T COST A FORTUNE. I perfer a hydo. Thanks Brent @ YARD CUTS in Hueytown Al.:gmctruck:

Raven386
03-26-2008, 02:14 AM
Lesco w/bs were pretty cheap...we got a 52" hydro for under 4000 I think. I dont know what they are priced at now since JD took them over. Is there a paticular reason you were looking at a 36"? why not look into a 48"?

danielslawncare
03-26-2008, 02:45 AM
i have a 36" w/b deere. it is belt driven. old guys will tell u its hard to steer but look at how old they are. if u are younger they are alright. they will make a man out of u, i wont lie. it has a 13 hp kohler and it makes a yard look good

Big C
03-26-2008, 10:44 AM
I have a Quick 36 that I bought in back in Dec '07, with the grass starting to grow like mad here I am using it more and more and I am learning something new about how to control it (steering) everyday...it is getting easier and easier....and I am getting more and more efficient with it....steering takes some getting used to but it is not impossible to learn...I love mine

brent crumley
03-27-2008, 12:09 AM
hey friend, I already have a 48" scag tiger cub, the 36" is for gated back yards. Brent

CFB
03-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Can't go wrong with a Exmark TT or a Toro hydro.

Keep in mind these mowers are approximately 37" wide, but I believe the quikc is around 39". I could be wrong but I believe I read that. That is why they make the quickie 32. Big difference when it means you might not be able to get it in the gate with the extra inches.

BentleyOutdoors
03-27-2008, 12:36 AM
The Hustler Trimstar is the easiest to drive that I have ever used and they are fairly cheap. They come in 48" and 36", Best in my book. On the Trimstar there isnt any stupid Levers or handles to stap you on turns or to wear your forearms out. The H-bar is the best setup out today!!:usflag:

CFB
03-27-2008, 01:00 AM
I read your other thread about GRavely gear drive and wanting not to spend a lot. Bottomline, if you don't have the money for a real hydro....

If it were me I would not test the waters with the quick. Many things that concern me about that mower. I know there are those that love them but if you read between the lines there are many issues w/ the small deck, vibration of the handles, no real mulch kit, no dealer, etc. If you've never used a gear drive WB, I imagine you would hate it though if you got pistol grips. More steering options out there with gear drive though now. A lot to consider.

brent crumley
03-28-2008, 12:51 AM
thanks KJONES, Now I want a hydro but now I don't know which one.

CFB
03-28-2008, 12:59 AM
It is all about your budget. If you can't afford a real hydro right now then you are looking at gear WB, or the Quick. Tough call between those two, knowing what I know. I'm not an expert on the quick but am definetely hesitant to about it. And gears suck, flat out. But they are realiable and get the job done.

I did not look where you are from but there is a barely used Xmark TT hydro in the classifieds forum for 3K. I want it but just not in the budget for me.