PDA

View Full Version : Pricing for laying Sod??

JudgeLawnCare
03-26-2008, 05:14 AM
I have a small Sod replacement job, About 400 sq ft. It's me and one employee doing the work and we are going to remove the old sod, take the grade down some and add some top soil pack it and then lay the sod. I'm not exactly how long all of this is going to take me. I don't want to turn in a bid overly high but I dont ant to be that ****** that submits a bid in for 20% of what I should be charging either. Any help, tips, or idea's are greatly appreciated.

Sean

DBL
03-26-2008, 09:30 AM
do a search theres plenty of threads on this...but since youre new we charge about $.40 a sq. ft. installed (purchased for about $.19 a sq. ft.) not inluding bringing in new dirt like you said so add that in as well

Lawn-Sharks
03-26-2008, 10:11 AM
The market over on this side of florida is $350 per 400sq ft of St.Augustine sod installed
that includes everything

Lawn-Sharks
03-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Let me add a little more to what i was saying. Includes everything Means= 1. 400sq ft of sod + removal of old grass with a bob cat or by killing the yard with round up and scalping the yard with your lawn mowers lowest setting (this is an acceptable method) and then marking out all of the sprinkler heads with flags and then laying the 400 squares of sod...If you would like i think i have pics of my last 1,800sq ft sod install i could email them to