PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Roller and Lawn Rolling

BeautifulBlooms
03-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Anyone on here ever been asked to roll someones lawn? Is this something you would do for a customer if they asked?

Personally I feel there may be more harm than good done by rolling because by the first couple mows anyways your lawn should have settled in a little bit just from driving over it. Of course push mowed lawns wont level out as much because the mowers weigh so little, but a big Zero Turn mower has wide tires and should do a pretty good job in rolling the turf somewhat level overtime.

If you have done rolling before, how much do you charge (Equivalent to a mowing fee would be my guess)? Do I need to get one as wide as my tire tracks to avoid rutting from tire overlaps?

Any help here would be great. Oh and where can you find a roller for purchase?

I went to home depot and they have a few but they are only like 36" wide. They were $149 for the tow behind model, and $109 for the push rolller (no way I would ever push roll someones yard!!!)

Grassmechanic
03-27-2008, 10:30 AM
this topic has been beaten to death in the past. If you do a search, you'll find many threads on it.

BeautifulBlooms
03-27-2008, 11:19 AM
i have never foudn the search to work right for me. i never find the right topics
anyone else?