PDA

View Full Version : $1500 for big tex 35SA?

DynLand2006
03-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Went to the local dealer here in baltimore, and they had 35SA's in stock for $1495. The price seemed high but I'm having a difficult time locating other big tex dealers in the area. What are your guys thoughts...

Also, the sales guy was preaching about how good big tex is... and I tried not to listen, but all he was talking about was how good the finish on them are. And I just read a few posts in here about them not holding up as well as they used to. It's got me second guessing that big tex is worth the $$. Any remarks and/or suggestions? Any other brands out there with better value?

tamadrummer
03-26-2008, 04:49 PM
I don't know about any other trailer than the one I own, but the one I own is an All-Pro 5x14 and it is holding up really well. I have really beaten on it too.

I always was a passenger when working for others in the lawn business and so this is the first trailer I have towed and it has already been through the war with me. I actually tore an entire gated community gate off the hinge with it and it only dented the fender. I fixed it with a bucking bar, (Yes I reported it and they let me go and told me not to worry about it since I told on myself. I was almost in tears when it happened) Anyway, I would not hesitate to buy another All-Pro and it was $1250 from my John Deere dealer. I had to get 5x14 because that is the absolute widest that I can get into my garage.

I wish I could have a wider trailer!

mjlcare
03-27-2008, 10:11 AM
I would not hesitate to buy another All-Pro and it was $1250 from my John Deere dealer.

I wish I could have a wider trailer!

i would also recommend the All Pro trailer
i have two a 5X10 and 6X14 and i have had nothing but great success with both and they are really cheap very well built trailers that stand up to about anything, and i have seen other trailers that are almost brand new and dont stand to anything, i got my first one for 750 and the 14' for 1200 out the door tax and everything

great trailer, look at the pictures i have on my website

www.mjlcare.com

jkason
03-27-2008, 02:14 PM
We had (have) a Big Tex. Seven foot wide deck (inside the fenders) by 18'. Forgot the model.

Works well. Right after we bought it (Right after!!) I ran into a landscaper that said they were a P.O.S.

I never had a problem with it.

DynLand2006
03-27-2008, 02:47 PM
thats some pretty bad luck lol. (laughing with you, not at you).
I haven't heard anything bad about them structurally (in fact I think they're are solid myself)... my issue was paying the extra money for a trailer that is supposed to have a more professional, longer lasting finish. If this is the case then I can just go buy another brand that will stand up (structurally) just as well, that will be a better value and will look just as good.

I appreciate the input so far.

more recommendations encouraged!!

Dstosh
03-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Get one, You wont be dissapointed. I have beaten on mine for 5 years with out a problem, Just regular maintenance ie-Tires lights, some wiring here and there. Take a look at the other cheeper trailers and compare them to the big tex. They are worth the extra.

STRINGALATION
03-28-2008, 11:18 AM
i have been looking at the same model . nobody seems to like the tall 4' walls on the landscape trailer. it looks nice to me i like the look of all there trailers. the company i go to that is really all they have is big tex. and these guys do more fabrication than a little bit as if they could do without the trailer sales because of the accessories they sell. i like the look of big tex in my opoinion everything works its the options that make the difference. for every person that says its cheap there is one who has owned nothing but

DLCS
03-28-2008, 02:55 PM
I've owned three still have two of them. They have served me well. Everything is new tires, axles, etc. Usually when you see the cheaper trailers they have used tires and axles. Get it you will not be disapointed.

DynLand2006
03-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Thanks again everybody. It helped me decide just in time. Put an order in for a beige one to go with the biege wrap on the f150. Should look decent.
Considered buying one with high sides, but I'll be purchasing a dump trailer next season.

STRINGALATION
03-29-2008, 01:47 AM
man they had a beige 14' i liked with the dual ramps you know rear and side for 1700. by it being tubular they have come up with a load assist that goes down the middle real sweet would love to have it. in indiana laws are stricter so all there trailers have brakes

STRINGALATION
03-29-2008, 02:09 AM
here is a link to my favorite and the one in my previous post was dual axle not single.

the box trimmer racks built in and has the side ramp option on the bigger ones

http://www.bigtextrailers.com/trailers/70lr.html

steve45
03-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Since Big-Tex trailers are built here (1/2 mile from my office), there are a lot of them in this area. I've had them custom build a trailer for me and was pleased. However, I don't find the quality of their standard trailers to be exceptional. In fact, their watercraft trailers are really some of the worst on the market.

AndrewE
04-21-2008, 11:45 AM
I have the same trailer and payed 1199 new for it in 2004 love it. Contract me about it, I have a bigger trailer now and need to sell it.