PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyway to convert pull start to electric start?

FIRESCOOBY
03-26-2008, 04:53 PM
My Lesco with Kawasaki is very hard to start when it's cold or it hasn't been started in a few days.

Is there anyway to convert it to electric start? If so anyone have any idea how hard and much it would cost to do?

Thanks

IN2MOWN
03-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Dont you have a cold start on your mower?

kleankutslawn
03-26-2008, 04:56 PM
for starts,if the mower set up for it,you will need a starter for that engine and a battery

TwistedSister
03-26-2008, 04:58 PM
I have the 15hp kawasaki w/ over 1000 hrs on it and it starts from cold in one pull. Maybe two if its been a few days since I started it. When I got it out after being stored for the winter, It started in two pulls. Just keep the filters clean, oil fresh, and good spark plugs and it should be easy to start and run.

FIRESCOOBY
03-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Dont you have a cold start on your mower?

You mean choke? If so I do, but the last two days it's been really hard to crank.

IN2MOWN
03-26-2008, 05:02 PM
You mean choke? If so I do, but the last two days it's been really hard to crank.

No not a choke.

On my Encore mower I have lever that I can loosen and push inwards that releases the tension on the transmission belt thereby making the pull cord easier to start when its cold.

IN2MOWN
03-26-2008, 05:08 PM
heres a picture of mine...

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc76/Luvdapack4/101_0902.jpg

jsaunders
03-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Firescooby- your choke is not fully closing- I had a 15 Kaw that I needed to adjust the choke- You could pull and pull till you were ready to blow that thing up/tow it down the road and watch it bounce off of the trees on each side of the road. After I fixed it- 2nd or 3rd pull it starts after sitting for all winter.

the choke must be fully closed- take off the air filter and check for your self

$100 says the choke is the problem

FIRESCOOBY
03-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Firescooby- your choke is not fully closing- I had a 15 Kaw that I needed to adjust the choke- You could pull and pull till you were ready to blow that thing up/tow it down the road and watch it bounce off of the trees on each side of the road. After I fixed it- 2nd or 3rd pull it starts after sitting for all winter.

Thanks, I'll check that out tomorrow.

DavisLawn
03-26-2008, 10:31 PM
i had one 13 hp kaw doing the same thing... kept getting worse and worse.... 3 of us had to take turns and it wore all of us out.... took it to my uncle who is a small engine mechanic ... he adjusted the valves and now it starts very easy.... sit out in the weather all winter and just started it today for the first time.... started on the 2nd pull and ran like a charm. So try adjusting the valves if the choke isnt the problem.

Brianslawn
03-26-2008, 10:38 PM
easy.... buy a new engine with an electric starter on it.

electric start mowers got more than just a starter and battery added.

mower&more1986
03-27-2008, 10:07 AM

yeah i had the same problem with a older 12.5 kaw if that choke isnt fully closed it wouldnt start at all. i even had a dealer take a look at it but they got it fixed for a while but then it started again beside that it was a dam good motor.