PDA

View Full Version : My new Plugr 850HD

Exact Rototilling
03-26-2008, 06:20 PM
More snow today but hey . . . I'm ready for spring. New for 2008 GX200 6.5 hp Honda.
:cool2:

THRIFTY
03-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Man I am jealous, my dealer carries plugr's and I want one. Congrats!

kjslawn
03-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Did some aerations today Rented a brand new bluebird it was better then the lesco I was renting I would love to buy a pluger let us know how it works

LawnTamer
03-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Awesome, congrats.:waving:

CleanCutMowers
03-26-2008, 11:19 PM
If you dont mind, what did it cost you?

02DURAMAX
03-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Nice my dealer has them but i bought a Ryan.

grassman177
03-27-2008, 02:17 AM
we got that same unit last fall, it is really nice, but hills are tougher as they dont sink ans drive like a traditional aerator. had some problems with the belt drive slipping, but i think i got it fixed alright

instyle
03-27-2008, 10:45 AM
I have a pluggr, bought it last year. You will love it. I will never use the old type again.
congrats

RWS
03-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Nice machine.

JustCut
03-27-2008, 12:22 PM
bought the same machine last year.....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrate couldn't't believe how easy it was to operate....However dry hard ground is still a problem but not the problem as with other machines I tried.:walking:

Exact Rototilling
03-27-2008, 03:01 PM
If you dont mind, what did it cost you?I paid just under $4,185 and I also bought the sulky for $250 instead of the full retail of $295. Had to travel out of state for the deal. The Montana dealer didn't stock them but is known to buy and move equipment out the door to make a sale :clapping:

My local dealer was quoting me $4,445 with last years 5.5 Honda instead of the new 6.5 Honda. Last years price was $4,375 for the 5.5 Honda. There has been one on eBay for $3,995 in Indiana but I'm not sure which engine it is 5.5 or 6.5 hp.

Except for yesterday I have never used an aerator in my life. The full speed forward seems to be fairly fast around 4 mph maybe a bit more. Sulky is tougher to use than the one on my Quick 36 only because the lack of being able to pivot since the Quick has front caster wheels. I'm sure it will help on larger properties which I will not shy away from since I have it. payup

All the reports of the 5.5 Honda feeling under powered on the 850 Hydro Drive honestly slowed me down on the process of deciding. I was considering the Ryan 28 but I was unable to find one used anywhere near me and the cheapest source for one new was at Alamia.com and that is chunk more cash than the 850HD Plugr.

Ground is frozen every morning, lake is still frozen over but in town it's a tad warmer but not by much. Grass is trying to grow but it still feels like winter. We really need a warm spell :rolleyes:

Exact Rototilling
03-27-2008, 03:19 PM
bought the same machine last year.....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrate couldn't't believe how easy it was to operate....However dry hard ground is still a problem but not the problem as with other machines I tried.:walking:

Yes I've heard the same thing that the camshaft aerators really need a decent amount of moisture in the soil to pull good plugs. What I have been reading between the lines is the rolling spoon tine aerators tend to pull better plugs under dry conditions. This doesn't make much sense to me unless it has to do with the spoon has les initial surface area piercing the ground than a full circumference tine like the Plugr's have.

Any truth to this?

Anyhow after seeing users struggle with the rolling tine units last years I completely dismissed aeration as an offered service for 2008 . . . that is until I found out about the Plugrs on the ease of use. :)

I get beat up enough rototilling our rocky soil here. :cry: