PDA

View Full Version : Is it rude of a person not to call you?

ponyboy
03-26-2008, 07:51 PM
It is a PITA to work all day, then at night do estimates only to hear i will call you and let you know. Then I do a follow up call in 5 days usually and yet again get we are waiting for another estimate or 10 and we will call you and let you know. Then today we were working on our customers lawn and the neighbor who said we will call you back never did but their phone works because they know lowballer of the county showed up to do their clean up. So what ever happened to respect and the person just leaving a message saying thank you but we went with someone else? I feel we deserve it dont we?

KrayzKajun
03-26-2008, 07:53 PM
people still look st us as just the lawn boy! oh well wait till they see how crappy their yard comes out.

Charles
03-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Thats just the way people are these days. People apply for corporate jobs and don't get a courtesy call back either anymore. Many Corporations fire employees using email. People just avoid giving bad news in a personal way

ponyboy
03-26-2008, 08:03 PM
I would take email a text smoke signals just spend 1 minute to respond to my estimate that took my time away from my family. My company is not the kid next door we run 4 crews and are know to have good customer service, we do not advertise except for 1 church paper and most of my estimates are referalls from our customers, just show some respect but i guess that alot to ask for today I feel bad for my son

Dave_005
03-26-2008, 09:00 PM
9 times ut of 10 if they say we'll call you back or we are waiting for another estimate from someone else, then i wouldnt bother with follow up calls or anything as they are looking for the Cheapest price regardless of quality and Dependability. these are usually the PITA'S you dont want anyway

tacoma200
03-26-2008, 09:10 PM
9 times ut of 10 if they say we'll call you back or we are waiting for another estimate from someone else, then i wouldnt bother with follow up calls or anything as they are looking for the Cheapest price regardless of quality and Dependability. these are usually the PITA'S you dont want anyway

Yes, sounds like they are not interested. And calling them more than once makes you seem desperate. Believe me if they are truly interested you will get a call.

Ric3077
03-26-2008, 09:13 PM
I don't think I have ever received one call to say sorry we went with someone else...we ONLY get a call back if they are going with us. Fine by me...I don't want a million calls and we have plenty of work.

Green Finger
03-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Don't worry about the no call backs.

You just keep doing the estimates. Sometimes they'll sit on your estimate and the minute you get busy (and you will) they will be calling you wanting to be first in line.

Then you can say that estimate is old and my prices has increased a little. He he he he

deereequipment
03-26-2008, 09:50 PM
If they make me aggrevated, and if they do call, then I say, sorry, you waited too long and I am all booked up.

Carolina Cuts
03-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Yes, sounds like they are not interested. And calling them more than once makes you seem desperate. Believe me if they are truly interested you will get a call.

this works with women too. :laugh:

start2finish
03-26-2008, 10:10 PM
I price it and walk, we look at enough jobs that when the week is over we made progress toward our goals. Over the years it seems the less I care about wanting to get a certain job to more I land. Now I am by no means arrogant, but we are good at what we do and it pays the bills. And enough room for some toys along the way.