PDA

View Full Version : my website...

Danielslawnservice
03-26-2008, 08:03 PM
http://danielslawnservice.org/default.aspx

that's my website suggestions appreciated..

Dan

Sweet Tater
03-26-2008, 09:51 PM
The layout is nice, but you have alot of information to be honost .... no one gives a hoot about, your employee story should disappear (sp) I would remove your name from the contact Daniel's cell phone and Daniel's email, just list it Cell and Email.
In the links area I would put links to helpful DIY sites that the customer would use, those sites are for the pros. And the pricing list,,,, well. doesn't look right, work on that one too. And I know you already bought your domain name and all, but an .org is for none profit and organizations, .com is for commercial and sales and services. TO late now so go with it.
Hate to have so much negative, but you did ask.

jdmcat
03-27-2008, 01:18 AM
I hope you paid for the private domain registration. I made the mistake of getting one of those sites and now I get telemarketing calls on my cell phone at least 3-4 times a week. Very irritating.

Raven386
03-27-2008, 01:24 AM
yea, it needs some work. a lot of work.

Sweet Tater
03-29-2008, 05:43 PM
I was checking you site again, looks better, still needs abit of work but you are on the right track now.

KanAg
03-29-2008, 06:13 PM
I think it needs to be opened up some on the main page. Not wild about the layout or color choices. Bigger graphics/photos would help I think with something to draw attention to you company name, maybe a logo??

cgaengineer
03-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Looking good, one thing...when you click the services page the page jumps, recenter the page with the other pages.

Add more pictures...examples of work.

Links page...make them links, nobody like to have to copy and paste links into a browser.

Remove names from site...In this business most people could care less who your employees are.

Roger
03-29-2008, 09:14 PM
I've scanned several new websites of LS members recently. I see a pattern in almost every case -- the first page does not explain where you choose to work.

I suspect your intent with the web site is to get new business. I see no "pay here" button, so the site is not being used to pay invoices, right? So, presuming the "primarily sales" intention, the site needs to be very explicit right up front.

Further, what happens with your site on a Google search? Are the potential customers going to find your site near the top of the list? Think about a prospect looking for somebody to do their lawn work. What would their key words be in a Google search? Are those words easily identified in your first page? A search would be the primary way anybody is going to get to the web site, right?

There are many other comments that could be made. I agree with some of the previous ones, but could add many more. For starters, what does "we will be willing to do anything" mean on the first page? Really? Is your business that diverse? Perhaps it is, but that diversity needs to be explicit, not implicit.

The term "landscaping" means different things to different people. Again, you need to be specific -- laying pavers, building walls, planting trees, reseeding, sod install, or ???? You might perceive some of these items NOT to be landscaping, but how about the average homeowner?

I hope this helps.

BTW, if you are going to put up a web page, be prepared to keep it updated and managed. There is nothing worse to see a site that is months old, and outdated.

KAT_Ayanami
03-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Let me tell you the truth.

I did my companie's website all by myself: www.RochaConstruction.com

So, let me tell you what I see in yours.

- The design looks like one of those websites that buys a domain when is already expired (like this one www.kat-networks.com) It does not look like a landscaping website.

- You need to improve the design a lot.

- You need a lot of pictures. A web needs to be visual.

- You need to state what you do and where from the homepage.

- You need to get rid of comments like: "we are a company willing to do anything for you!". That just sounds like begging for work.

- You really need to stop putting DAN/DANIEL to every single page and paragraph! For real, that is a 16's year old mistake. They already know that you have something to do with Daniel's Law Services.

- You need more sections (like pictures of your work) but those sections must have SOMETHING. If you are going to have an empty section like "About us", then better not have it.

You need to update the website. Go section by section putting information. Right now, that website would only help you loose customers.

I hope this would help. It was a CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Never tried to attack you.

Kat.

amscapes03
03-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Hey Kat......Looks pretty good (Rocha site). Not sure if i'd give out that much Liability Insurance info. Maybe something along the lines of: (Licensed - Insured - Bonded) Certificate of Insurance provided upon request. Just my 2 cents

KAT_Ayanami
03-29-2008, 11:18 PM
Hey Kat......Looks pretty good (Rocha site). Not sure if i'd give out that much Liability Insurance info. Maybe something along the lines of: (Licensed - Insured - Bonded) Certificate of Insurance provided upon request. Just my 2 cents

I thought that too... but I think it is public information. It can be requested... Its that I am just tired of explaining the same to everybody. (all customers ask for that info)

dfleming89
03-30-2008, 01:05 PM
fyi kat- Ohio Casualty was bought out by montgomery insurance at the begining of the year