PDA

View Full Version : Just got my new matching Bad Boy landscape trailer today!!

retrodog
03-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Hey, just picked this thing up, 18ft custom Bad Boy Orange today. It has diamond plate floors, assist gate lift springs, flushmount lighting, bulldog hitch, upgraded tires and brake axle, upgraded fenders, toolbox, weedeater racks custom, etc. I am pretty thrilled about it, this is my first landscape trailer, the last one was a car hauler, and my mower fell off going down the highway! I can get the same trailer for $2799 retail if anyones interested pm me!

KrayzKajun
03-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Awesome trailer!!!!

Lawn-Sharks
03-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Very Nice!!!!!!!:weightlifter:

tb8100
03-26-2008, 08:21 PM
oh yeah!!! :cool2::cool2::cool2:

Green Finger
03-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Very professional very sharp. Looks good. May you have Much success

blm86
03-26-2008, 08:39 PM
thats a nice looking trailer.

Sweet Tater
03-26-2008, 09:34 PM
The matching trailer and mowers is sweet. but I do have to say....
OMG you have racing spoilers on the mowers:laugh:

Carolina Cuts
03-26-2008, 09:42 PM
clean ....

I dig it.

retrodog
03-26-2008, 09:44 PM
The matching trailer and mowers is sweet. but I do have to say....
OMG you have racing spoilers on the mowers:laugh:

lol, they have "Mow With an Attitude" laser cut in them, I had to get em'....lol

d&rlawncare
03-26-2008, 09:44 PM
do you secure your mowers?

retrodog
03-26-2008, 09:46 PM
do you secure your mowers?

not now, but I did on my other trailer...lol. I had a strap in the front and back, somehow the strap on the front just worked its way out. I am pretty relieved to have a gate and sides now.

Happy Frog
03-26-2008, 10:53 PM
You better find a way to secure them.
Brake hard once and they will be flying in your pick up truck... No way they gonna stay put on the trailler...
Nice set up by the way :drinkup:

snowjeep
03-26-2008, 11:01 PM
You just gotta have money burning a hole in your pocket. What no orange tow truck!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have money left to finish your BB orange set up. Your set up looks sweet, good luck.

retrodog
03-26-2008, 11:04 PM
You just gotta have money burning a hole in your pocket. What no orange tow truck!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have money left to finish your BB orange set up. Your set up looks sweet, good luck.

One of my buddies just bought a brand new street sweeping truck for like $130000, and guess what, its orange and yellow, thats the kinda money i'm talking about..lol. One of these days I will be able to afford a new Ford F-650 with the hydro dump bed. Truth is I wrote a hot check for the trailer today...lol.....have to swing by the bank in the morning and throw some cash in...lol.

KS_Grasscutter
03-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Looks awesome, but, you paid $3,000 for a trailer and you live in OKLAHOMA? I thought Oklahoma and Texas was like the trailer capital of the universe?

Jason Rose
03-26-2008, 11:10 PM
WOW, that's ORANGE! Nice looking trailer. Looks VERY heavy though! Good thing you are towing with a 1 ton truck. The solid steel decking adds a lot of weight to a trailer.

puppypaws
03-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Hey, just picked this thing up, 18ft custom Bad Boy Orange today. It has diamond plate floors, assist gate lift springs, flushmount lighting, bulldog hitch, upgraded tires and brake axle, upgraded fenders, toolbox, weedeater racks custom, etc. I am pretty thrilled about it, this is my first landscape trailer, the last one was a car hauler, and my mower fell off going down the highway! I can get the same trailer for $2799 retail if anyones interested pm me!

That is the best matching rig I have seen, no one has mentioned how well it matches your Stihl equipment, they look made for each other.

tb8100
03-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Looks awesome, but, you paid $3,000 for a trailer and you live in OKLAHOMA? I thought Oklahoma and Texas was like the trailer capital of the universe?

The steel deck on his trailer was like, $800 by itself. Then theres the racks, the box, the gate, and the custom
paint color. It's a nice trailer!

Hey Kevin, brakes on both axles??

tb8100
03-26-2008, 11:18 PM
That is the best matching rig I have seen, no one has mentioned how well it matches your Stihl equipment, they look made for each other.

hey some of the coolest equipment is orange. Kioti and Kubota tractors, Rhino implements, Scag, Bad Boy, and Kubota mowers, Echo, Husqvarna, and Stihl handhelds.... We have mostly orange stuff on our new OPE. It's really eye catching!

retrodog
03-26-2008, 11:21 PM
The steel deck on his trailer was like, $800 by itself. Then theres the racks, the box, the gate, and the custom
paint color. It's a nice trailer!

Hey Kevin, brakes on both axles??

just one, but I thought it was really cheap after seeing what you guys pay for trailers.

retrodog
03-26-2008, 11:41 PM

Hey, that is cheap, lets break it down (I didn't actually pay that much, cause I got dealer pricing of course). LEDs 50, sb fenders 40, custom paint 100, upgraded tires 60, diamond plate floor 450, toolbox 100, weedeater racks, 100, assist lift gate 130, pipe top 60, bulldog coupler 40, brake axle 95 around $1225 for accessaries that are unneeded in most circumstances. $2799 - options means you can get a nice 18ft trailer with treated wood for $1500 bucks retail is pretty darn cheap. There was a couple of guys last week on here that paid nearly $4000 for trailers like this.

tb8100
03-26-2008, 11:48 PM
just one, but I thought it was really cheap after seeing what you guys pay for trailers.

$2800 is not overpriced. We would sell a trailer like that for more like $3100.

JohnnyRoyale
03-27-2008, 12:20 AM
Boys and their toys... Nice trailer-and good price I think. Your definitely proud of your gear and image-Good luck to you.

J&J Customs
03-27-2008, 12:47 AM
i paid $500 for my ramp gate trailer brand new haha

02DURAMAX
03-27-2008, 12:55 AM
Nice trailer but you need some prolockers or fastraps for the mowers!!

Danielslawnservice
03-27-2008, 12:57 AM
Wish I had one

retrodog
03-27-2008, 02:46 AM
Nice trailer but you need some prolockers or fastraps for the mowers!!

Im taking your advice and strapping them down, my 52" has already used up most of its lives already, I don't need another mishap, might not be that lucky again...lol. Not only did it tumble down the highway doing 70, I was backing off my other trailer the other day and the ramps slipped out from under me and I stood the thing straight up with me on it! I am lucky it didn't fall on top of me...lol. I bent the governor somehow in that little incident, so it was down for a day. That thing just draw accidents to it I guess...lol

Richard Martin
03-27-2008, 06:30 AM
That is a very nice trailer but I do have issues with the steel deck. You should repaint it with some anti-skid paint if it's not already that way. Paint gets cat snot slick when it's wet and I can see some sort of incident waiting to happen. You should also be careful not to touch it in the summertime. That deck will probably get hot enough to fry eggs on under the Summer Sun.

cgaengineer
03-27-2008, 06:43 AM
Slick!!!!!!!

Blueribbonlawns
03-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Verry nice!

kjk05006
03-30-2008, 12:03 AM
Can you get one with a wood deck. Trying to save some money. I'm in CT and I can't find a better priced trailer than this around here (anyone know a place closer to me?)

corey4671
03-30-2008, 12:38 AM
yeah the only thing missing is some pretty GREEN fastraps to secure those mowers.

Raven386
03-30-2008, 12:51 AM
Kjk05006.. whats the name of your company? theres Trailer Depot in Northford- its off 91 , also a Trailer place in BPT on Main St. near St. Vincents... I dont remember the name..

kjk05006
03-30-2008, 01:15 AM
Kjk05006.. whats the name of your company? theres Trailer Depot in Northford- its off 91 , also a Trailer place in BPT on Main St. near St. Vincents... I dont remember the name..

just a local business that i run myself, I don't really have a name yet. I have a 52" skag walk behind and and looking into getting an addition machine (either another 52 walk or a 61 riding)...I need a trailer to hold both machines what do you recommend and whats a good price to pay?

Raven386
03-30-2008, 01:17 AM
well trailer depot is expensive, actually any trailer around here is expensive. Kjk email me at Matt @ 10elawncare.com. no spaces.

retrodog
03-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Can you get one with a wood deck. Trying to save some money. I'm in CT and I can't find a better priced trailer than this around here (anyone know a place closer to me?)

Hey, yeah you can get the wood deck treated with all the options like mine for $2150, even custom painted to match your scags....that would be sweet lol, your only other problem would be to get it to you. I have a company that hot shots trailers for me, but they charge the same for 1 trailer as they do for 6.

Lawn Tech LLC
03-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Nice nice trailer and total rig.

LT:

kjk05006
03-31-2008, 08:10 PM
Hey, yeah you can get the wood deck treated with all the options like mine for $2150, even custom painted to match your scags....that would be sweet lol, your only other problem would be to get it to you. I have a company that hot shots trailers for me, but they charge the same for 1 trailer as they do for 6.

What does that price happen to be?

lifetree
03-31-2008, 09:28 PM
You better find a way to secure them.
Brake hard once and they will be flying in your pick up truck ...

Yes, I have had occasion to slam on my brakes and thankfully the ZTR and other equipment on my trailer was strapped down ... otherwise, the equipment would have most likely come into the cab of the truck !!

Idealtim
04-01-2008, 07:10 PM
I like the looks of that box on the front. Do you ever need to lock it?

retrodog
04-01-2008, 07:22 PM
I like the looks of that box on the front. Do you ever need to lock it?

Yeah, thats why I got it, it has a place for a padlock in the middle, actually that was the whole purpose of the trailer, so I can lock everything down. Why picked up some Housing Authority properties this year, and I promised my wife I wouldn't have stuff laying out where they could grab. 4 companies underbid me and I still got it, really didn't want, but oh well. I will ask the hotshot guys in the morning how much they would charge to get one to you, maybe get a deal, cause they are looking at a mower for this year...lol.

Mowbizz
04-01-2008, 07:24 PM
What does that price happen to be?

Hey, kjk05006... from NH here and I would be interested in a wood deck trailer like this...maybe you and I (maybe others in the area) could split the hot-shotting costs??

Mowbizz
04-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Yeah, thats why I got it, it has a place for a padlock in the middle, actually that was the whole purpose of the trailer, so I can lock everything down. Why picked up some Housing Authority properties this year, and I promised my wife I wouldn't have stuff laying out where they could grab. 4 companies underbid me and I still got it, really didn't want, but oh well. I will ask the hotshot guys in the morning how much they would charge to get one to you, maybe get a deal, cause they are looking at a mower for this year...lol.

Hi, I am in NH and would be interested too...not too far from CT so I could pick up there...maybe they could hotshot a couple of trailers this way?? By the way, that is one of the nicest trailers I have seen!

jsaunders
04-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi, I am in NH and would be interested too...not too far from CT so I could pick up there...maybe they could hotshot a couple of trailers this way?? By the way, that is one of the nicest trailers I have seen!

NH as well- How about a price for a 20' trailer with wood deck/ gate assist/ upgraded tires/ 2 axel brake and maybe a 9900 gvw or 7000 would work as well.
Thanks
Joel

jsaunders
04-01-2008, 08:50 PM
What is the inside deminsions? 6'/ 6'4"/ 6'10" / 7'

puppypaws
04-01-2008, 09:06 PM

I just notice something you can do very cheaply and it will save you money in the long run....go ahead and put "Bearing Buddies" on all four axle caps then you can keep them greased very easily. That is the same thing I have run for years, it especially works good on boat trailers which are submerged in water. The grease allows you to keep them pressurized so water cannot enter the axle. If you do this make sure and get the rubber caps that seal the "Bearing Buddies", this way no grease slings on the hub.

retrodog
04-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Hey, kjk05006... from NH here and I would be interested in a wood deck trailer like this...maybe you and I (maybe others in the area) could split the hot-shotting costs??

Hey, I am getting with the hot shot guys today to find out what they charge. They usually drop ship when it is that far and throw 5 or 6 on at one time to save shipping. Maxey has a dealer in Iowa and Illinois, but that may still be to far for you to go, but I could throw a landscaping trailer on top of the regular utilities and get it to one of those dealers for really cheap. We are looking at around 1700 miles, so that is alot of fuel...lol.

retrodog
04-02-2008, 10:34 AM
What is the inside deminsions? 6'/ 6'4"/ 6'10" / 7'

77" is standard, you guys pm me

Grass Man
04-02-2008, 10:56 AM
.... Nice looking, really looks good :).

Mowbizz
04-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Hey, I am getting with the hot shot guys today to find out what they charge. They usually drop ship when it is that far and throw 5 or 6 on at one time to save shipping. Maxey has a dealer in Iowa and Illinois, but that may still be to far for you to go, but I could throw a landscaping trailer on top of the regular utilities and get it to one of those dealers for really cheap. We are looking at around 1700 miles, so that is alot of fuel...lo.

OK...let us know what the costs are and maybe you can shoot a few up here to New England...!
By the way, what I'm interested is a 14 (preferably) or a 16 if 14 is not available...wood deck, blower basket...full width expanded metal ramp with the assist...that's it...

kjk05006
04-02-2008, 03:23 PM
I would be interested in splitting shipping. We can get more details together when we hear about the cost. I am interested in a 14' or 16' trailer with a wood deck, the basket on the front, drop down metal ramp, and trimmer racks (i could do these myself though)

Mowbizz
04-02-2008, 03:30 PM
I would be interested in splitting shipping. We can get more details together when we hear about the cost. I am interested in a 14' or 16' trailer with a wood deck, the basket on the front, drop down metal ramp, and trimmer racks (i could do these myself though)

Basically we're looking for the same trailer...don't really need the rack if I have that basket...

tb8100
04-02-2008, 06:08 PM
I just notice something you can do very cheaply and it will save you money in the long run....go ahead and put "Bearing Buddies" on all four axle caps then you can keep them greased very easily. That is the same thing I have run for years, it especially works good on boat trailers which are submerged in water. The grease allows you to keep them pressurized so water cannot enter the axle. If you do this make sure and get the rubber caps that seal the "Bearing Buddies", this way no grease slings on the hub.

All my C-5 trailers come standard with them!

Mowbizz
04-03-2008, 03:20 PM
OK...let us know what the costs are and maybe you can shoot a few up here to New England...!
By the way, what I'm interested is a 14 (preferably) or a 16 if 14 is not available...wood deck, blower basket...full width expanded metal ramp with the assist...that's it...

Any word on the "hot shot" pricing???

dave k
04-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Whats with the white truck, Paint it Orange!
Very nice set up!!!! Good luck, keep us posted on your BB's

deere615
04-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Wow thats a really nice trailer!

retrodog
04-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Any word on the "hot shot" pricing???

ok, right now the cheapest hot shot price is $1800 for 3 trailers. If 3 people in the area there get a trailer, it would cost an extra $600 per trailer for shipping. I believe we might could squeeze one more on there for that price, and make it $400 a trailer. You guys get together and let me know. A 16ft with rear gate, custom paint, treated wood, bulldog hitch, led flushmount lights, SB fenders, 225-75-15 tires is $1850, and a 6x10 the same way, can be thrown on for $1050 bucks. These trailers are top of the line, and are very nice. I priced a 14ft, but its a full landscape with 4 ft sides a side gate, and with brakes and it was for $2100. Maybe give you guys a good range of the price points to decide.

retrodog
04-06-2008, 11:44 PM
NH as well- How about a price for a 20' trailer with wood deck/ gate assist/ upgraded tires/ 2 axel brake and maybe a 9900 gvw or 7000 would work as well.
Thanks
Joel

I priced a 20ft, but it is a full landscape with 4 ft sides and decked out, but black in color (there normal color) and it came it at $2800.00. Prolly be $1000 less without the full 4 ft sides, just have to check to make sure.

Detroitdan
04-07-2008, 03:01 AM
That's one beautiful trailer. Love the color, orange is my favorite!

scby3610
04-21-2008, 07:54 PM
retrodog...do you know if anyone is still interested in having trailers shipped to CT? I live in CT and am def interested. Trailers prices around here are horrible!

retrodog
04-21-2008, 08:48 PM
retrodog...do you know if anyone is still interested in having trailers shipped to CT? I live in CT and am def interested. Trailers prices around here are horrible!

Hey man, $1600 is about the cheapest shipping I could find, but if you have a couple of buddies up there that want a trailer, and you guys get together that price is for up to 4 stacked. If 4 of you went in at $400 bucks per trailer for shipping, the price would still be alot cheaper than what you guys are used to paying. You will need someone there with a forklift to lift them off, and you would have to put the ramp on, but other than that after what I am hearing on trailer prices up there, should still save you around $1000 a trailer.

Mowbizz
04-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey man, $1600 is about the cheapest shipping I could find, but if you have a couple of buddies up there that want a trailer, and you guys get together that price is for up to 4 stacked. If 4 of you went in at $400 bucks per trailer for shipping, the price would still be alot cheaper than what you guys are used to paying. You will need someone there with a forklift to lift them off, and you would have to put the ramp on, but other than that after what I am hearing on trailer prices up there, should still save you around $1000 a trailer.

Too late...I had to buy one locally.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
04-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Nice looking trailer. One thing I'll say negative is that you need to do something about how your fc edger is mounted on that rack. I'll give you 6 months before you pull up to an account... only to find that your edger is "limp". I've had two of them break the shafts on racks over the years... and they were secured at the throttle handles and further up the shaft; which is more secure than what you have.

NOOB
04-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Awesome trailer!!!! I love where the trimmer rack is Low Down!!!

Ramairfreak98ss
04-28-2008, 04:54 PM
JUST AS SEEN THERE WAS 2799? WTF i spent that after tax for my standard 18footer last week, and i hate it too, POS, Every mower gets hung up going up the back gate, theres nothing to tie anythign down to either besides the angle iron bars up top.

retrodog
04-28-2008, 11:18 PM
JUST AS SEEN THERE WAS 2799? WTF i spent that after tax for my standard 18footer last week, and i hate it too, POS, Every mower gets hung up going up the back gate, theres nothing to tie anythign down to either besides the angle iron bars up top.

Yep, I'll actually sell this one right now for $2399, as I messed up and thought I could fit one bad boy sideways, and the other two long ways, just a hair shy of turning sideways, I have to order a 21 or 22 footer to fit 3 big ones on there, any takers just pm me.

kleankutslawn
04-29-2008, 12:31 AM
nice trailer buddy