PDA

View Full Version : Toro 36 WB, TruTrak, and mulch kit pics

All_Toro_4ME
03-26-2008, 09:20 PM
I saw a thread on this site the other day that mentioned someone was going to buy a new toro wb, but was unsure of which one to get. I responded to the thread and mentioned what I had and some suggestions, and since then I have had several requests to post some pics of my new 36" toro wb with trutrak and mulch kit. I thought about posting the pics in the original thread I responded to, but decided to create a new thread. Here's the pics. Any questions about the trutrak/mulch kit, feel free to ask.

All_Toro_4ME
03-26-2008, 09:23 PM
More pics of trutrak and mulch kit

All_Toro_4ME
03-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Pics continued...

jaybird24
03-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Looks really good. I like the true trak. The t2's remind me of great danes scampers and I hated that set up, but with that system you got there I would think it will be slick. If you don't mind how much did it cost?. Half the fun of this business is seeing the different ideas and how some are improved upon. Looks like Toro got this right.

cgaengineer
03-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Toro sure did get it right, I have the same mower in 40" and the TruTrak as well...I love it. The mulch kit doesnt look like I pictured it would...when I saw the manual for it I was under the impression that each blade had it own compartment...I looks like the thing you have is just a chute blocker?

cgaengineer
03-26-2008, 10:16 PM
Oh, I see the 2 small bolts now...

deere615
03-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Nice mower

bill8379
03-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Toro sure did get it right, I have the same mower in 40" and the TruTrak as well...I love it. The mulch kit doesnt look like I pictured it would...when I saw the manual for it I was under the impression that each blade had it own compartment...I looks like the thing you have is just a chute blocker?
It has much more then a chute blocker. All the greyed out parts are the mulch kit. It took me an hour or so to put on mine, I also had to take out all the movable baffle parts to install the mulch kit. That plate on the chute is just the final part... I'm actually not sure if I could take the mulch kit off and put it back together.:laugh:

I wouldn't want them to have completely separate compartments it would separate the blades too much and would cause mohawking, as it can mohawk when you're turning too fast. The mulching blades are a touch shorter then the regular blades and came with the mulch kit.

This is why I'm not sure what I think about the Quick. I just this feeling that if all you did was block the chute it, at least in spring growth conditions, it would leave line of mulch there. In fact I've been told this in PM's.

bill8379
03-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Forgot to post the pic.
btw, it mulches like a dream, far exceeded my expectations.
http://www.toro.com/professional/lce/midsize/images/lcb_mis_icon_recycler_lg.jpg

All_Toro_4ME
03-26-2008, 10:43 PM

The last 3 pics show each blade baffled off. You'll need to take the turbo force adjustment lever off so that the kit will fit properly.

All_Toro_4ME
03-26-2008, 10:44 PM
Nice mower

Thanks deere:)

BOSCHERT LAWN CARE
03-26-2008, 10:49 PM
t-2 is a nice set up, but do you think the tru trak is a little heavy for the 36" unit? i ran a 40" t2 with out weights and it wanted to wheelie all the time.

All_Toro_4ME
03-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Looks really good. I like the true trak. The t2's remind me of great danes scampers and I hated that set up, but with that system you got there I would think it will be slick. If you don't mind how much did it cost?. Half the fun of this business is seeing the different ideas and how some are improved upon. Looks like Toro got this right.

It was 7100 and some change out the door with the accessories shown.

Thanks for the replies guys.

All_Toro_4ME
03-26-2008, 10:54 PM
t-2 is a nice set up, but do you think the tru trak is a little heavy for the 36" unit? i ran a 40" t2 with out weights and it wanted to wheelie all the time.

I ordered 2 more weights to add on from my dealer. They didn't have them in stock so they had to order them. They are very expensive though.

ed2hess
03-27-2008, 01:34 AM
I like that unit...but aren't you going to leave some pretty bad tracks with all 3 tires running in a row?

cgaengineer
03-27-2008, 07:25 AM
I like that unit...but aren't you going to leave some pretty bad tracks with all 3 tires running in a row?

It doesn't track bad, the mower is heavy in itself so the TT on the back is really a featherweight compared to the overall machine.

Boschert...did you ever get weights for your 40"? Mine does pretty well since I moved the entire TT forward as far as it would go. Keep in mind I have the three or four (Now I cant remember!) weights on the machine.

cgaengineer
03-27-2008, 07:26 AM
I ordered 2 more weights to add on from my dealer. They didn't have them in stock so they had to order them. They are very expensive though.

Mine took 3 weeks to get...my dealer is crap. Just last week I called them to see if they had a Stihl SG20 and they said yes, we have about 9 of them. I drive into town to pick it up...nothing, backordered! I was a little pissed so I went to a different dealer.

lawnprosteveo
03-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Thats a nice mower! You got all the bells and whistles...electric start, hydro...Nice machine!:usflag:

Mowerboy04
03-27-2008, 07:05 PM
very nice mower, i have gone to 3 of my toro dealers to check out this mower but no one stocks them or know anything about them for that matter. so then i contacted the supplier from the area and he knew nothing either except that they were expensive and that we won't have any till july. :dizzy:

All_Toro_4ME
03-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks lawnprosteveo and mowerboy for the compliments.

very nice mower, i have gone to 3 of my toro dealers to check out this mower but no one stocks them or know anything about them for that matter. so then i contacted the supplier from the area and he knew nothing either except that they were expensive and that we won't have any till july. :dizzy:

Mowerboy, they are difficult to find because my dealer told me that because of the cost, there is not a high demand for them, So he doesn't stock them either. He only carries the gear/belt drive model. Same unit, just different transmission. I had to special order mine and they checked around with other dealers, to see if it could be shipped from another dealer that was close by, but no luck. They finally had to place the order with the Toro rep and it had to come from the plant in Minnesota. Took a little over 3 weeks to arrive because of all the bad weather and all they are having east.

cgaengineer
03-28-2008, 11:18 AM
I have seen 3 dealers around here who stock them...all 3 carried the 40" and one had a 36". must be a different market around here.

bladecutter582
03-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Need help- I'm negotiating a deal on your mower with the bike grip. Why would I need to go with the T-Bar.:confused:

cgaengineer
03-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Need help- I'm negotiating a deal on your mower with the bike grip. Why would I need to go with the T-Bar.:confused:

Bike grip? Pistol grip? Explain....

ed2hess
03-28-2008, 11:55 PM
What do you do if you just want to walk rather than ride....like on real bad slopes. Does this sulky tie up to something?

bladecutter582
03-29-2008, 12:05 AM
It folds up so you can walk behind it. The thing cost so much you would think it could think enough to cut the grass itself.

Who has a good price on this thing. I've heard everything from 500.00 to 635.00 :clapping: and I meant to say pistol grip, not bike grip

cgaengineer
03-29-2008, 12:07 AM
Around these parts they go for about $550

cgaengineer
03-29-2008, 12:07 AM
But when you already have the best mower made...why not get the matching Toro sulky!!

bladecutter582
03-29-2008, 12:16 AM
I agree. But back to my original Q. If you know, why would I need the T-Bar. Does it produce less fatigue in the arms and hands, or is it easier to operate.

:weightlifter:

All_Toro_4ME
03-29-2008, 01:08 AM
I agree. But back to my original Q. If you know, why would I need the T-Bar. Does it produce less fatigue in the arms and hands, or is it easier to operate.

:weightlifter:

Bladecutter, the T-bar does put less fatigue and stress on your joints and hands. The pistol grip is a very popular option, some guys prefer them, others don't. I've read and heard several times the pistol grips can lead to tendinitis because of the extra stress required from squeezing each handle.

bill8379
03-29-2008, 01:18 AM
I bought a 36 toro gear drive with T-Bar last year, my very first mower larger then a 21". I was worried about how I would steer it but within 5 mins. I could thread a needle. I can even steer with one hand while using the free hand to lift branches etc.

bladecutter582
03-29-2008, 01:25 AM
Thanks guys. I just hate to spend this kind of money and not have a good feel as to how the mower will perform. I'm sold on Toro quality and performance. The youtube.com videos look good and almost effortless in operation. But as we know the T-2 comes with a price .:walking:

Tim's Lawn Care LLC.
03-29-2008, 10:06 AM
I have the Toro ( mod#30187 ) hydro 44" Turbo Force floating deck, T-Bar and Tru-Trac and had the mulching kit installed by my dealer b/4 I picked it up. At $350 + bucks, I was less than impressed at the end of the third property. The mulching kit was hardpacking clippings so bad under the deck I can't remember how long it took to get it all cleaned up.I removed all the plastic baffles and run Gator blades w/ a much improved mulching effect. Anyone out there disagree and want to buy this mulching kit, will sell for 1/2 their cost. Come w/ install manual and all hardware.
As far as the Tru-Trac sulky is concerned, I love it. Altho, it is heavy and I have to alternate mowing directions every time (which u should do anyway ) but on some yards in some situations u have to follow the same direction leaving ruts. Only thing to do is raise the sulky and walk it.

bladecutter582
03-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Tim

The short is, that if you had it to do again, you would buy the Toro sulky.

CFB
03-29-2008, 10:55 PM
That price tag seems ridiculous to me. I could not imagine spending that much money on a walk behind...and a 36" no less. Looks like a badass unit, but these manufacturerers and dealers are ripping everyone off IMO.

bladecutter582
03-29-2008, 11:47 PM
I agree. The price is to much. But the effort I have put into my research to spend the kind of money I have been investing into my equip. I think the Toro -Scag- Exmark the Toro is my favorite. The T2 seems to be a good new addition to this mower.:cool2:

cgaengineer
03-30-2008, 09:55 AM
The thing you get with a WB over a ZTR is it weights less and you have the option to ride or walk. You can also stop and pickup rocks and trash without having to climb out of a seat everytime. I dont know about you, but around here rocks are plentiful...if I see them I pick them up and toss them in the woods or throw them in my trash bag on my mower...last thing I want to do is hit one of those suckers and launch through my customers window.