PDA

View Full Version : exmark 60" mulching question

andy_ldr
03-26-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm new to the buisness, started last year and recently bought a used 60" exmark mower. I cut a few small yards and 1 commercial (hope to get more). When I cut with the flap on the deck up it throws grass everywhere. It would be fine if I were doing big yards but not small ones. With it down it leaves alittle line that I have to go over a few times to get rid of it. I currently have sand blades on it (just straight) but do have a set of high lift blades and a set of gator blades. Just wondering what everyone elses experience was with different blades and which one would you use for smaller commercial/residential yards. Is it worth spending the extra green for the mulching kit from an exmark dealer? Pro's and Con's please.

Thanks for any advice. Andy

Atlantic Lawn
03-27-2008, 07:25 AM
What types of grass are you cutting ? Can you just blow off that little line of clippings ?

Green Pastures
03-27-2008, 07:37 AM
Just put the Exmark micro mulch kit on my 60" Turf Tracer last night.

I cut my own lawn and was pretty stoked with the results.

You might want to try some hi lift blades before making the decision to go mulch.

Tider6972
03-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Andy, get the eXmark mulching kit, it comes with a set of their mulching blades. You will have the best mulching mower in the business. Use the eXmark blades, you can't improve on them in the grasses you (and I) cut.

You are not really mulching when you just block-off the discharge chute.