PDA

View Full Version : peeling seal coat

kduclos
03-26-2008, 08:44 PM
I run a small seal coat company in Northern Minnesota. I have been working at it for about 9 years. I, as well as many seal coaters up here, have trouble getting sealer to stick to driveways that are in shady areas. Because I live and work in a forested area this is a problem for me and others up here. Does anyone out there have any solutions to this problem? Thanks.

Mike's All Season Service
03-27-2008, 07:32 AM
What additives are you adding to your sealer? How Much sand are you adding per gallon? if you add sand?

TARGUY
03-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Make sure the driveway is clean. make sure there is no moss or sap of any kind. might want to add a fast dry or a hardener. and make sure the surfice temps are up.

kduclos
03-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. I do use additives. I use "Sealmaster" products and use TopTuff and Zetak with each load. I mix it to the right specs for the loads. I do use sand, but I don't use a lot. I have had problems with it "falling out" and having my power agitator push through it. I do work really hard at getting driveways clean. I just think it is a matter of shade and the sun not being able to cure it properly. Thanks again.