PDA

View Full Version : New and slow spring start

slammedeuro20
03-27-2008, 12:16 AM
This is my first year in business as well and after 400-600 flyers I have only got 2 calls for other then lawn care work, simple 1 time jobs. I have 2000 printed out and I strap on some roller blades and hit the pavement almost every day.I promise its more efficiant then driving them around. Anywho just wondering if anyone has any pointers for me. Im from southwest MI by the way. Season supposedly starts April 14th but we just got 6-8 inches of snow 3 days ago and I dont want to jump the gun when people are still not yet thinking of lawn season.

kleankutslawn
03-27-2008, 12:23 AM
keep your head up,better days are yet to come!!

TC MOWING
03-27-2008, 12:31 AM
I'm in the same boat. Lots of talking and business cards going out. I've crashed and burned on a few bids, having been underbid on some sizeable accounts. Grass is turning green and crews are starting work. I'm gettin' desperate, man.

Atlantic Lawn
03-27-2008, 09:10 AM
We usually have a couple of surge times. The first in very early spring. The second around May when everything is really starting to grow hard. And another in July when people are either over cutting for themselves or have fired the current LCO.

CrimsonLawnCare
03-27-2008, 12:22 PM
ya, we are kinda of in the same boat, lol we do the roller blades to, is seems to be the most efficient way i swear...i think i still have a couple of weeks, the snow just melted yesterday, dont think people are thinking about lawn care up here just yet but in the next week should be getting busy hopefully :) i have gained only a few accounts in the last week but that should change.. gotta keep going, dont start lowballing your prices because your desperate you will regret it later on if you do, this is my 2nd season doing this, last year i went way to low on this one yard becuase i got desperate and i regreted it the whole season, but now i still got the same customer for the correct price so i am happy :)