PDA

View Full Version : komatsu

vipermanz
11-25-2001, 04:09 AM
has anyone seen their pc-01 mini X , it's tiny!, btw anyone that can get the msrp for me , i would appreciate it:) :)

vipermanz
11-25-2001, 04:18 AM
here's a pic (couldn't edit 1 in)

paul
11-25-2001, 06:47 AM
That's Heavy equipment????

Guido
11-25-2001, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by paul
That's Heavy equipment????

Its a childs toy! They have a few different ones that size over here, but I've only seen the contractors use them for going down into ditches and flumes. They don't dig much of anything unless it's already been loosened up. Not worth anything to me.

steveair
11-25-2001, 11:16 AM
I know you guys make fun of these little 'toys', but I think they should be looked at with more insight.

To me, this is a sign of things to come. The days are coming where things like shovels, rakes, wheelbarrels, etc. are going to be a thing of the past.

As a small operation, I love this equipment. Everybody I know still laughs at me when I say I purchased a dingo, but when I show them the work I accomplish in a day, they seem to not laugh anymore.

I can now install a 150 sq foot walk in one full day, with nothing but my dingo, tools and my self. I've worked for many companies that can't even do that with 3 guys and a tractor/backhoe combo.

These tools are very efficient at what they do. Small jobs. Jobs that eat a lot of labor hours with limited profit.

For the right operation, machines like this are very handy. Just a matter of how your business is set up.

steve

Just

Guido
11-25-2001, 01:36 PM
I was just saying its not worth much for what I do. Like you said though, for the small scale projects, that stuff may be okay to scrape off the sod, etc, etc. I just don't usually need anything that small.....you know how it is on the airport, wiiidee open! ;)

Anyway, I used to dought the dingo sized skid steers, but I've heard good things about them lately, so I'll wait till I get to try them myself before I judge them.

Thanks for keeping my ignorant eyes open Steve! ;)

Robert Doubrava
11-25-2001, 03:20 PM
Size does not matter. Well, in this case, it sort of does! I've seen something like that at a renatal place, but it was a little bigger!

CT18fireman
11-25-2001, 04:02 PM
I have used small equipment (not that small), usually I rent it. I use it for limited access and even inside. The other day I used my mini-ex and a rented dingo in a warehouse to dig a long trench for some new piping. Would have had to be done by hand if it wasn't for the small equipment.

vipermanz
11-26-2001, 02:32 AM
i think it goes on compact features rather than larger ones and volume , Guido, of course it wouldn't have a use at an afb:)

Guido
11-26-2001, 06:31 AM
I will vouch for our Bobcat loaders and mini-x's all day.....I was talking about that teeny tiny little thing. We do at least 60-70% of all of our jobs with our Bobcat fleet.

Our backhoe has been VERY jealous since we got our mini-x!

southside
11-26-2001, 08:16 AM
Looks like a motorbike on tracks!

Guido
11-26-2001, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by southside
Looks like a motorbike on tracks!

It took you long enough to tunnel back up to the right side of the world! ;)

How've you been Karl??

Drop me a line.... guido@pjsnet.com

eskals
12-04-2001, 01:08 AM
That thing is tiny!:eek:

I think Steve has a good point. As good labor gets harder to find and more expensive, machines that show up everyday to work will replace humans.

I'm kinda new to this business and have just begun to realize the value of proper equipment. I used to be wary of renting the equipment I need for a job due to what I thought was needless expense. Not anymore. Equipment saves time and $$ (I am sure you guys know this, but I just fully realized it).

Eric

Henry
12-04-2001, 08:26 PM
Does that have a diesel engine or do you plug it in and drop a quarter in every 2 minutes?

Actually a friend has a Yanmar B07. It's not much bigger but it does alot! Thinking of getting one myself.

paul
12-04-2001, 09:10 PM
The real problem is can it do all the work you need done with it or are you going to have to rent a bigger machine to lift stones or dig deep enough! We settled on a couple of 7000 lb machines they can lift enough and dig deeper, plus have the reach to load trucks. Smaller machines can't do that, now you need two machines to do the work that one can do. cost wise and production wise. As for getting into tight spots it can be done almost as well as the smaller machine but with it's longer reach most times you don't need to!

vipermanz
12-13-2001, 02:49 AM
i wonder what this one actually weighs? 1k??????