PDA

View Full Version : Question For Walker Owners

Drew Gemma
03-27-2008, 10:15 AM
We are picking up a new 26efi 48inch ghs dual tail wheels low profile tires.
What kinda parts and tools do we need to carry on the truck with us! basically what are the things that break easy or often and do we need any special tools? Thanks guys I don't want to be broke down and not have the right parts and or tools with me.

OSCLandscaping
03-27-2008, 10:19 AM
We carry just basic tool kit, a 15/16 wrench to change blades, a set of spare blades and a set of spare belts. Thats pretty much it. If you carry those items that will solve 99% of your problems.

GrassmasterB
03-27-2008, 10:30 AM
go to walkers website, click on walker talk. volume 29, then go to bob t's tech talk ''time is money''. it gives you a list of the tools and parts you need to carry. although its probably more than most people carry.

Reassurance Property
03-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Just your basic tool kit and blades. (I do carry a torque wrench for the blades.)

Jason Rose
03-27-2008, 06:50 PM
As for parts, you need to have some shear pins and bolts (for the drive shaft and blades). Dosn't hurt to carry a spare set of blades too. I like to have a full set of belts for every machine on the trailer with me all the time. Though with Walkers, some of the belts are best left alone till you return to the shop because of the time and amount of tools they take to get to sometimes. Some guys like to carry a control lever return spring with them too. I was given this advice, because a buddy of mine had his break and the machine is pretty much useless without it.