PDA

View Full Version : Pulling Trigger on a New Quick

TxCaddy
03-27-2008, 11:19 AM
After looking at all of the brands available to me in both ZTR and walk-behind I have decided to give the BOP Quick a try. I have decided this for the following reasons:

1.) The people at BOP have been very knowledgable, informative and nice and willing to help you in any way reasonable.

2.) You are basically getting a hydro equipped machine for the price of a gear drive. Its like getting a Metro for a Viking price!

3.) They seem easy to work on if and when they do break..............I am not dependent on a technician that know a little more than I do to "get round to it"

4.) The compactness and design will make it easy to handle!

5.) The footprint is small so it is easier to store!

6.) Three blades.someone mentioned it almost rivaled a cut of a reel mower!

Price is important but I had a budget of $4,000 and could have bought something more expensive.

The only problem I am fretting over and the only reason I haven't ordered yet is because I absolutely cannot decide whether to go with the 36" or the 44". I don't have to worry about gates in my yard. I don't want the 44" to become difficult as opposed to the 36". As everyone knows "size" is important!

I wanna know if anyone has used the 36" and then jumped over to a 44". How much weight and bulk does it add. I could really use getting finished up faster on my 3/4 to 1 acre lot. I might even actually look forward to cutting my yard again as when I had my patio home and always had a manicured lawn.

I wonder if BOP would be willing to work with me if I got the 36" and then after getting it home and using it a few times that I should have gotten the 44".

Can anyone help?

All_Toro_4ME
03-27-2008, 11:23 AM
I do know they have a 30 day return policy. Pretty rare to find when it comes to comm. equip/mowers etc. If you go with the 36 at first and decide it's not the right size for you, it shouldn't be to much of a problem to return it and pay the difference for the 44.

BUCKEYE MOWING
03-27-2008, 11:31 AM
After looking at all of the brands available to me in both ZTR and walk-behind I have decided to give the BOP Quick a try. I have decided this for the following reasons:

1.) The people at BOP have been very knowledgable, informative and nice and willing to help you in any way reasonable.

2.) You are basically getting a hydro equipped machine for the price of a gear drive. Its like getting a Metro for a Viking price!

3.) They seem easy to work on if and when they do break..............I am not dependent on a technician that know a little more than I do to "get round to it"

4.) The compactness and design will make it easy to handle!

5.) The footprint is small so it is easier to store!

6.) Three blades.someone mentioned it almost rivaled a cut of a reel mower!

Price is important but I had a budget of $4,000 and could have bought something more expensive.

The only problem I am fretting over and the only reason I haven't ordered yet is because I absolutely cannot decide whether to go with the 36" or the 44". I don't have to worry about gates in my yard. I don't want the 44" to become difficult as opposed to the 36". As everyone knows "size" is important!

I wanna know if anyone has used the 36" and then jumped over to a 44". How much weight and bulk does it add. I could really use getting finished up faster on my 3/4 to 1 acre lot. I might even actually look forward to cutting my yard again as when I had my patio home and always had a manicured lawn.

I wonder if BOP would be willing to work with me if I got the 36" and then after getting it home and using it a few times that I should have gotten the 44".

Can anyone help?

I can answer it all...

Get the 44 ,its less than 50lbs more in weight than the 36 and the added deck size will speed up your cutting time. We use them commercially everyday ...THEY ARE TOUGH MACHINES. Easy to maintain and work on yourself. The footprint and weight are great points...ruts will never be a problem. If you get the 36 ..I am sure they would work something out with you if you wanted a bigger machine. CALL THEM and ask all your questions.

TxCaddy
03-27-2008, 11:57 AM
So your guys do not see a difference in the maneuvability between either one. I am sold on the "stout-ness" of the machine itself I just can't decide. The 36 will be great but I would always wonder if the 44" would have been better.
But thanks for the quick (pun!) replies! It helps!

larryinalabama
03-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Im wanting the 44 with the striping kit

MarcSmith
03-27-2008, 12:33 PM
look in the equipment section..usually quite a few quicks with low hours for sale...

BUCKEYE MOWING
03-27-2008, 12:51 PM
So your guys do not see a difference in the maneuvability between either one. I am sold on the "stout-ness" of the machine itself I just can't decide. The 36 will be great but I would always wonder if the 44" would have been better.
But thanks for the quick (pun!) replies! It helps!

Get the 44........

TxCaddy
03-27-2008, 02:22 PM
There is a Quick 36 posted for sale in the Used Equipment section and he is located in my town however I really want a 44" and he isn't offering that much off.

I also give up my 30 free trial in the event I don't like it (I can't imagine that though!

Ronniecoleman
03-27-2008, 04:07 PM
I would go for the quick44 if gates are not an issue.

TxCaddy
03-27-2008, 04:25 PM
How do you think this Quick 44 cuts compared to a floating deck that is normally on the ZTR.

At just under an acre should I be considering a ZTR instead of a Walk Behind?

BUCKEYE MOWING
03-27-2008, 04:33 PM
How do you think this Quick 44 cuts compared to a floating deck that is normally on the ZTR.

At just under an acre should I be considering a ZTR instead of a Walk Behind?

The 44 cut is flawless.....fixed decks have a higher learning curve IMHO..I would save my money and get and use a WB

Ronniecoleman
03-27-2008, 04:35 PM
I have a quick36 and the fixed rarely sclaps any lawn. Unless you have alot of grade changes on your property a fixed deck should work nicely. As for walking an acre with a WB consider it your cardio workout for the week.

TxCaddy
03-27-2008, 04:44 PM
My wife says "if you get something I can ride.......I would like to mow a lil"!

The neighbors will turn my me in for wife abuse if she even tries to use the walk behind although there is nothing sexier than a nice looking chick on a riding mower!

I am sorry but I am not gonna spend another $2,500 to get a riding ZTR on the "chance" that she will help........................!

Seriously though...............I can use the sulke on the areas that are flat out straightaways and then where it demands some trim work I can take the sulke off and use it much like I use my 21" push mower. How much difference is it from a conventional 21" mower.

Ronniecoleman
03-27-2008, 04:49 PM
In my opinion its much easier to use than a push mower, once you get the hang of it, there is very little effort.

bill8379
03-27-2008, 05:23 PM
2.)...Its like getting a Metro for a Viking price!
No, you're getting a single hydro that only goes 5 mph.

3.) They seem easy to work on if and when they do break..............I am not dependent on a technician that know a little more than I do to "get round to it"Are you sure they're easier to work on then any other machine? I don't understand how they could be any easier (or more difficult) then any other mower. I guess if they never broke down though:laugh: that would make things easier.

BUCKEYE MOWING
03-27-2008, 05:25 PM
My wife says "if you get something I can ride.......I would like to mow a lil"!

The neighbors will turn my me in for wife abuse if she even tries to use the walk behind although there is nothing sexier than a nice looking chick on a riding mower!

I am sorry but I am not gonna spend another $2,500 to get a riding ZTR on the "chance" that she will help........................!

Seriously though...............I can use the sulke on the areas that are flat out straightaways and then where it demands some trim work I can take the sulke off and use it much like I use my 21" push mower. How much difference is it from a conventional 21" mower.

With practice you can use the Quick with a step saver just about anywhere...It's a super easy mower to operate...Look at the videos on the website

TxCaddy
03-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Quote:

When the Exmark hydro pumps go out that is $300 for each pump plus labor.............I am told by a Exmark dealer. The entire assembly for the Quick costs $300.00.........................

Do I have this right.

What point are you making with the 5MPH comment?

BUCKEYE MOWING
03-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Quote:

When the Exmark hydro pumps go out that is $300 for each pump plus labor.............I am told by a Exmark dealer. The entire assembly for the Quick costs $300.00.........................

Do I have this right.

What point are you making with the 5MPH comment?

Try 5mph on a treadmill....it's a pretty good walk.

Call BOP and ask what the replacement cost is on the hydro assembly.....I have ONE QUICK 36 that is used daily on commercial lots and it's 3 years old and we have not had a single issue. As a home owner ....you will pretty mucj never have an issue with this unit.

TxCaddy
03-27-2008, 09:58 PM
I have decided to go for the 44" Quick....................I will call in the morning and order it.

I appreciate everyone who commented and helped.......................

I will bring you up to date when I get it.

ed2hess
03-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Quote:

Do I have this right.
?

I don't knowabout the $300 Quick hydro but I can assure you that the Exmark hydro system is a different price for a reason....it will last longer. The integrated hydro drives in walker run $700 (they have two of them) and they are pretty iron rock solid, but they can't be repaired. The exmark and other hydro pumps and drive motors can be repaired if you catch them when they first start to leak and doesn't cost a lot. The new integrated hydro on Honda hit a brick wall when put into a heavy usage situation. Only time will tell on the Quick and Ferris kind of integrated hydro units.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-28-2008, 02:45 PM
I ran my 36 Ninja today on my driveway for the first time. Going from a 21" to the 15Kaw on this thing will be a welcome change for open lawns. And I can tell in the 15 minutes that I 'test drove' it that the learning curve to steer it shouldn't take all that long to master.....

stbentoak
03-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Since I paid my money for the 32 I will figure out how to drive it if it kills me.... !!!:weightlifter:

It ain't leavin...it's stayin....

Howard Roark
03-28-2008, 08:27 PM
I don't knowabout the $300 Quick hydro but I can assure you that the Exmark hydro system is a different price for a reason....it will last longer. The integrated hydro drives in walker run $700 (they have two of them) and they are pretty iron rock solid, but they can't be repaired. The exmark and other hydro pumps and drive motors can be repaired if you catch them when they first start to leak and doesn't cost a lot. The new integrated hydro on Honda hit a brick wall when put into a heavy usage situation. Only time will tell on the Quick and Ferris kind of integrated hydro units.

Gosh Ed..

Just how unhappy will you be once those crazy BOP guys blow the lid off of this industry? LOL

:usflag: