PDA

View Full Version : Kubota diesel

TrapperJohn
03-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Looking to replace my aging Dixon 560. Been solid, but it's time has come and I'm getting tired of scratching to find parts for it, darn dealers come and go so quickly.

Went out to look at Exmarks, but the dealer showed me a Kubota ZD326P, with 0% financing for 42 months. $11k, not cheap, but buying quality has always been a good investment for me in the past.

Can anyone share good or bad experiences with the Kubotas? Their tractors are great, but I don't know jack about their mowers.

pconley
03-27-2008, 02:57 PM
How about a Grasshopper? They use kubota diesels on some models.

greggwim
03-27-2008, 04:22 PM
The kubotas are great I purchased my first ZD326 this spring and a friend has the ZD 331 he has had it for a year and says it great

TrapperJohn
03-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Actually, they had a grasshopper sitting next to it, but the financing is a lot cheaper on the Kubota.

PTW
03-27-2008, 07:11 PM
I own a ZD 331 and it is IMO the best built mower you can buy. I studied every commercial mower sold in my area and the strength of the Kubota was unmatched. A lot will disagree i'm sure but I have been so satisified with mine I will be buying another soon. I give $11,600 for mine a year ago, which is a very good price compared to all the other deisels I had researched.
Good luck with whatever you deside but if you do buy a Kubota I just can't believe you will be disapointed.

F Y P M
03-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Kubota's also in Toro line, excellent diesel engine.

grassman177
03-27-2008, 07:56 PM
yeah, we have three of those and love them, we had many of the old ones and there was some problems, but these new ones are the cats roar!!lol. they cut and ride great with lots of power, you will be impressed

MikeLT1Z28
03-27-2008, 11:56 PM
have kubota gas 3cyl's on my walkers, high hour applications. i'm not sure about the decks and frames, but i can say they make a great motor.

meets1
03-28-2008, 12:09 AM
Demoed the machine last summer. Good power plant - but that is in other mowers such as toro, hopper, not sure about exmark. I run toro gas, but I like the feel of the toro better vs the kubota. Price - I know, at least in my area, kubota will smoke anyone on financing and very competitive on price. Either way - you'll have a great machine.

Toad
03-28-2008, 12:38 AM
Love my kubota!! Awsume machine, cant wait to get back on it this spring. 220 hrs on last summer.

TrapperJohn
03-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Well, I've looked around, and with the 0% financing, they're beating everyone on price. Shaft drive to the deck, very nice. I've used their tractors, as solid as anything you can get.

Unless someone else comes up with a better deal, and that doesn't look likely, looks like that's the way I'm going. $11k is about as good as I'm going to do, and about $2k less than everyone else, once the financing is considered.

Toad
03-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Well, I've looked around, and with the 0% financing, they're beating everyone on price. Shaft drive to the deck, very nice. I've used their tractors, as solid as anything you can get.

Unless someone else comes up with a better deal, and that doesn't look likely, looks like that's the way I'm going. $11k is about as good as I'm going to do, and about $2k less than everyone else, once the financing is considered.

(Smart man) take a train to happy town whoo whoo