PDA

View Full Version : Spring Flyer

kjslawn
03-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Heres my spring flyer I hope it comes through I am new at adding attachments.

Scagmower48
03-27-2008, 03:01 PM
i like it, the top caught my attention

Dominicano
03-27-2008, 03:03 PM
I like it too. Simple and straight to the point. Good luck!

kjslawn
03-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks scaggmower48 My brother-inlaw and I designed it. I printrd 500 today total cost to me $41

cwags73
03-27-2008, 03:06 PM
I hope you have better luck than I did. 1500 flyers and 2 phone calls. I got both small jobs but hardly worth the time in my opinion.

LawncareAmericaLLC
03-27-2008, 09:12 PM
heres one of our flyers. what do you think?

THRIFTY
03-27-2008, 09:48 PM
I think it looks great, but 25% of a discount is SUPER steep, even if you are gonna bid an inflated rate! Any discount is gonna attract customers, I'd try 5 or maybe 10 percent off. Just a thought. Flyer looks great though!

kjslawn
03-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Yes it is steep but in a world wher every tom dick and harry is mowing for 20 an hr I need to come back with somthing to attract the customer. once I get my foot in the door I can trim bushes and mulch, aerate overseed to make it up. Thanks for the reply

Aaron's Lawn Care
03-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Looks good. How did you guys design it?

kjslawn
03-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Microsoft publisher

ed2hess
03-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Putting the price on the flyer attracts the customers.......the justmowit look alike guys all put on prices. And that big mower won't attract most small residential customers.

Aaron's Lawn Care
03-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Microsoft publisher

Nice. I have Publisher on my computer and I need some flyers for a small neighborhood I'm visiting monday. I'll have to give it a shot.

BCFLawnLandscape
03-29-2008, 01:42 AM
Here is our spring flyer.... what does everyone think of it??? I handed out 5k of these!

OUTLANDER
03-30-2008, 01:12 PM
i really dont like the "you grow it,we'll mow it ".....kinda separating if you listen to it

kjslawn
03-30-2008, 02:41 PM
i really dont like the "you grow it,we'll mow it ".....kinda separating if you listen to it

UHHH separating what? You Grow it... We Mow It! Plain and simple I have never heard anyone say one thing negitive about it

You grass grass we mow grass kinda gos hand in hand

OUTLANDER
03-30-2008, 03:06 PM
what if someone wants a full service contractor...they'd probably not read on..just calling it how it sounds

JTLawnandLandscape
03-31-2008, 09:43 PM
That's funny... that has been my quote for over 5 years!!! Customers love it.

kjslawn
03-31-2008, 10:32 PM
A year after starting the lawn biz the commercial with Bert Reynolds the Man Laws They have one that said " You Poke It You Own It " When that came on the tv I said " You grow it I'll Mow it " Everyone always laughs when I give them a card. I have seen only one other guy with that slogan.

OUTLANDER
04-01-2008, 12:11 AM
dont get me wrong,it is a catchy phrase,but it seems to be limiting your expertese...........forgive me,but example, carpet layer,"you unroll it,we'll stretch it"..well will you move furniture if needed? pull up old carpet? lay tack strip? lay pad?....nevermind,just sounds like it would be a great phrase if all you offer is mowing,but thats not what the rest of your flier says

B Stove
04-01-2008, 12:31 AM
Yep nice lookin flyer my man!

kjslawn
04-01-2008, 07:04 PM
dont get me wrong,it is a catchy phrase,but it seems to be limiting your expertese...........forgive me,but example, carpet layer,"you unroll it,we'll stretch it"..well will you move furniture if needed? pull up old carpet? lay tack strip? lay pad?....nevermind,just sounds like it would be a great phrase if all you offer is mowing,but thats not what the rest of your flier says

I know this is in fun but Grass just kind of shows up by it self it grows for free in most cases and when it grows we mow it. We want to Mow first and the other stuff we upsell to the cust. The carpet quote would never work it just does't mean the same thing or sound right. When you have carpet installed it come with Streching and tack strip and pad. If I could make good money just to mow I would. Its all good

willretire@40
05-27-2008, 11:31 PM
I like it. Simple and to the point. I actually read it. Most flyers that come up here I dont bother to read it b.c it is way to many words.

mattamus2005
05-28-2008, 01:03 AM
nice flyers!!! heres mine nothing fancy

therealdeal412
05-29-2008, 10:39 AM
I like the flyer, it definetly gets your attention. it's nice!

Runner
05-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Sorry, ut the "you grow it-we mow it" thing is about as unoriginal as it comes. People have used that for over 20 years, and you can rest assured that no fewer than 20 people just on here have used it...including my cousin.
Grass Patrol, I hope you haven't printed too many of those flyers, as you should have done a good proof reading and spellcheck, as the word "rasing" is spelled with an i. I would probablt re-do the senior discount thing and include it n the typing, rather than the pen - and do a consistent capital letter format, or no capitals.....but not both.:)

kjslawn
05-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Sorry, ut the "you grow it-we mow it" thing is about as unoriginal as it comes. People have used that for over 20 years, and you can rest assured that no fewer than 20 people just on here have used it...including my cousin.
Grass Patrol, I hope you haven't printed too many of those flyers, as you should have done a good proof reading and spellcheck, as the word "rasing" is spelled with an i. I would probablt re-do the senior discount thing and include it n the typing, rather than the pen - and do a consistent capital letter format, or no capitals.....but not both.:)

I have not seen it in my hood in my 3-4 yrs of mowing. I did not know that original was a so important.

mattamus2005
05-29-2008, 11:03 PM
yeah I copied about 500 of those lol. I only wrote the senior discount on about 20 of them. Thanks for the grammer check i didn't even notice "rasing", but it has worked for
me. I have gotten 13 weekly customers outta them.

Nickos
05-30-2008, 11:53 PM
why is mulching, mowing and landscape all in caps

Nickos
05-30-2008, 11:59 PM
nice flyers!!! heres mine nothing fancy

no offense but if i were in the market for service i wouldnt go with your just based on the religious markings

STIHL GUY
05-31-2008, 12:18 AM
looking good

kjslawn
05-31-2008, 10:29 AM
why is mulching, mowing and landscape all in caps

That was the only thing I was going to put on it. And then I changed it up forgot to take it off all caps. My brother in law is my flyer/ computer expert. I think I will fire him. lol The flyer has brought me 10 new cust only ended up passing out about 250

mattamus2005
05-31-2008, 09:28 PM
no offense but if i were in the market for service i wouldnt go with your just based on the religious markings

Matthew 10:32.
"Whosoever shall confess me before men, him will I also confess before my Father which is in heaven." which means "if you deny me infront of man, God will deny you infront of his Father"

"...those who are ashamed of me on earth I will be ashamed of before my Father in heaven..." (paraphrase)
Mark 8:38

"If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."
Luke 9:26

None taken, I use religious symbols b/c It advertises to the public that I'm not ashamed of my beliefs, and that I run a christian based busniess. I live my life for the Lord Jesus, and I run my busniess for him ,and as an example for other christians. He has blessed me tremendusly and I'm not gonna deny my Lord and Savior just b/c it offends somebody. If they don't wanna use my services b/c of a Symbol, I wouldn't want to do work for them anyways. Theres alot of people who like the fact that I use the Jesus fish on my signs. It hasn't hurt my busniess, plus the customers I have are chrstians and they are very caring, nice, and always tip me. Thats the type of people I like to work for. God is the reason I have a busniess, equipment, customers, shelter, food, good health, and a beautiful wife and kids. So he derserves all the glory, praise, and thanks. Just trust and obey in the Lord and he'll take care of the rest. He has really made my busniess take off I get calls just about everyday from new customers wanting work done, so I dont think it has hurt me at all.

mattamus2005
05-31-2008, 09:45 PM
Sorry you feel that way.
Jesus gave his life to save mine!!! I'm going to let everybody know it. When you get saved he takes care of you b/c you are his Children, He LOVES US !!!

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."
Luke 9:26

Ashamed of the Gospel?
But some of us are ashamed of the Gospel. What does it mean to be ashamed of something? To be ashamed of something means:

To be embarrassed by it.
To be unwilling to do something because of fear about it.
To be upset by it.
To feel guilty about it.

Bad shame is when:

We become afraid of something/someone.
We become embarrassed by something or someone and refuse to be involved.
We try to hide our involvement from other people.

Grits
06-01-2008, 02:28 AM
It is at best OK. It looks like every other lawn care flyer. Read up on marketing and try again.

Exact Rototilling
06-01-2008, 05:34 PM

To me it's not an issue of being ashamed of the gospel. Quite frankly seeing the fish symbol on a business card is far too often an excuse for greasy grace, God will forgive me for X, Y & Z.

I used to work for a fairly well know Christian ministry and one of the briefing packs released years ago was pointing out how "the world" has better business ethics than the so called church does - and how unfortunate that is.

If Christian businesses, in general, had a better track record I'd put the fish symbol on my biz card as well.

kjslawn
06-01-2008, 10:40 PM
To me it's not an issue of being ashamed of the gospel. Quite frankly seeing the fish symbol on a business card is far too often an excuse for greasy grace, God will forgive me for X, Y & Z.

I used to work for a fairly well know Christian ministry and one of the briefing packs released years ago was pointing out how "the world" has better business ethics than the so called church does - and how unfortunate that is.

If Christian businesses, in general, had a better track record I'd put the fish symbol on my biz card as well.

This is sad but true. I recently was the general contractor for my church biulding project. And I told the church we did not want to use Friends or Members or other Christians for this reason.

mattamus2005
06-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling

Yea there are alot of hypocrites out there in the world but that has nothing to do with why I use it,or what I'm doing. "Greasy Grace" or whatever you call it. I try and steer others in the right direction. its called witnessing to others "sharing the Gospel"