PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer Racks

gstros2
03-27-2008, 04:52 PM
I want to buy a trimmer rack for my trailer, and I wanted to find out a good website to order them from. After talking with professionals in the business, they said that typically the trimmers move around in the racks when they are locked in causing the wires to be chewed up. Another thing is all the racks I have researched have been priced around $200.00 is that about right? I would appreciate your suggestions as to what website I should buy one from. Thanks!

IN2MOWN
03-27-2008, 04:55 PM
http://www.junglejimsap.com/trailerracks.html

blm86
03-27-2008, 04:57 PM
i'm going to be ordering the xtreme trimmer racks from trailerracks.com They have a locking system on them that causes them to stay fixed within the rack itself. They look like a good unit.

kleankutslawn
03-27-2008, 05:55 PM
is this for a open or enclosed trailer?

Jason Rose
03-27-2008, 06:57 PM
With these it dosn't matter, open or enclosed, they have brackets for both. I guess I'm like the 3rd person to post the same racks, but they will answer the problem with rolling around and breaking stuff.

http://www.trailerracks.com/landscape_racks.html

Now I just wish I owned a set of them... I used to think the Trimmer Trap racks were the cats azz, but they don't hold my trimmers tight because my edger has such a larger handle. So they roll around and the triggers get broke off. Also they tend to eat into the shafts of the trimmers unless you spend like $16 every couple years to replace the rubber booties on the pins.

Sanders Lawn Care
03-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Extreme Trimmer Racks is the only way to go!

McVey Landscaping
03-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Just bought the Extreme Trimmer racks. Like the design won't move or twist in the locks. :usflag:

tacoma200
03-27-2008, 09:38 PM
I just bought my second set of Fab Works trimmer racks off of Ebay. Are they the best in the world?? Probably not, but for $79 they are great. They hold my Stihl trimmers like a glove and won't let them roll or fall out. You can forget to put the clip (or lock) in and they will still not fall out going down the road. Like I said they are not fancy, there are probably better ones out there but for the price they are all I need. Very functional, made for enclosed or regular trailers. I bought them on Ebay last year and loved them so I picked up another set this year. Bargin $79, free shipping.

BentleyOutdoors
03-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Trimmer Trap is the only way to go with racks!!!:usflag:

deere615
03-27-2008, 09:47 PM
I bought the ones from Preco Distributors, they were like $70-$80. My echo doesn't spin at all, but my smaller homelite did, just put a piece of rubber in to fix it, I am happy with them

Happy Frog
03-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Xtreme racks...
Far superior to the others.

02DURAMAX
03-28-2008, 12:20 AM
Green touch Xtreme Racks!!

grass_cuttin_fool
03-30-2008, 01:50 PM
I bought the ones from Preco Distributors, they were like $70-$80. My echo doesn't spin at all, but my smaller homelite did, just put a piece of rubber in to fix it, I am happy with them

Same here....been using them 3-4 years and very pleased with them... here is a link and picture

http://www.precoparts.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=150

wayne

deere615
03-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Same here....been using them 3-4 years and very pleased with them... here is a link and picture

wayne

Ya I took your idea with the dog collar clips, they worked nice

grass_cuttin_fool
03-30-2008, 07:28 PM
Ya I took your idea with the dog collar clips, they worked nice

Good deal...I didnt want to fool with a lock all day long and the dog leash snap worked great

wayne

stihljixxer
03-31-2008, 06:45 PM
I wouldnt recommend puttiing your trimmers on racks on the trailer. it is terrible for the trimmer to be bouncing on the trailer. your trimmer shaft will tend to bend slightly, most likely not even noticable with the naked eye but will greatly decrease your power.

lawnwizards
03-31-2008, 06:58 PM

wayne

i took your advice and ordered a set from precoparts on march 17th. as of today my order is still pending. so, i give them a call and low and behold their number is disconnected? hmmm. i check out my card and they havent charged it so i wonder if they might have gone out of business?

grass_cuttin_fool
03-31-2008, 07:27 PM
i took your advice and ordered a set from precoparts on march 17th. as of today my order is still pending. so, i give them a call and low and behold their number is disconnected? hmmm. i check out my card and they havent charged it so i wonder if they might have gone out of business?

WOW...I dont know, I havent ordered anything from them in a while....Mow more sells them also but not as good of a deal....
http://www.mowmore.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=32224

wayne

deere615
03-31-2008, 09:00 PM
Good deal...I didnt want to fool with a lock all day long and the dog leash snap worked great

wayne
Ya I have a chain attached to them so I can just un clip them, leave them hang, then clip them again.

It takes a while. I think the guys an older guy. Mine got shipped then I guess they couldn't find my house, so they sent them back to preco, so then preco sent them back to me. I talked to the guy through email he usually responded within 2-3 days

tacoma200
03-31-2008, 10:01 PM
I wouldnt recommend puttiing your trimmers on racks on the trailer. it is terrible for the trimmer to be bouncing on the trailer. your trimmer shaft will tend to bend slightly, most likely not even noticable with the naked eye but will greatly decrease your power.

Where would you recommend putting them?

lawnwizards
03-31-2008, 10:08 PM
Ya I have a chain attached to them so I can just un clip them, leave them hang, then clip them again.

It takes a while. I think the guys an older guy. Mine got shipped then I guess they couldn't find my house, so they sent them back to preco, so then preco sent them back to me. I talked to the guy through email he usually responded within 2-3 days

i sent an e-mail after 7 days of the transaction pending but never received a response. i dont know. i'll give it a couple more days i suppose.

rob7233
03-31-2008, 10:24 PM
How can I put this??!! No Dog Clips, No Rubber, No Pipe Foam, No movement, so no bounce, Secure as hell and NO B.S.

Professional looking, one lock does it all, quick and easy, nothing to wear and mess up later, causing you to waste time. Enclosed or Open, already comes with the kits and hardware you need. Go to: www.TrailerRacks.com

PM me for some additional info. I ask, how many of you have actually used or even seen this rack up close. I bet if you did, you wouldn't even consider anything else!

lawnwizards
03-31-2008, 10:31 PM
How can I put this??!! No Dog Clips, No Rubber, No Pipe Foam, No movement, so no bounce, Secure as hell and NO B.S.

Professional looking, one lock does it all, quick and easy, nothing to wear and mess up later, causing you to waste time. Enclosed or Open, already comes with the kits and hardware you need. Go to: www.TrailerRacks.com

PM me for some additional info. I ask, how many of you have actually used or even seen this rack up close. I bet if you did, you wouldn't even consider anything else!

$200 bucks? no thanks. i'd rather use dog clips, rubber and pipe foam and save 100 bucks.

nitro121
03-31-2008, 11:02 PM
but last year I bought a 3 trimmer rack for $69 bucks.....some company I found from this site/old thread.

They work, nothing has broken on my trimmers....and if it did, I buy the 200 dollar commercial echo's from Home Depot, so I'd just throw them in the trash...but they've held up 3 years so far. So I doubt I'd ever spend more than 200 on a trimmer. But anyway....$69 bucks and I couldn't be happier.

Peace

deere615
04-01-2008, 08:46 AM
i sent an e-mail after 7 days of the transaction pending but never received a response. i dont know. i'll give it a couple more days i suppose.
Believe me with my shipping company screwing up, it took mine a month! But it was worth it because they are a great deal!
but last year I bought a 3 trimmer rack for $69 bucks.....some company I found from this site/old thread.

They work, nothing has broken on my trimmers....and if it did, I buy the 200 dollar commercial echo's from Home Depot, so I'd just throw them in the trash...but they've held up 3 years so far. So I doubt I'd ever spend more than 200 on a trimmer. But anyway....$69 bucks and I couldn't be happier.

Peace

ya I like them they are great deal

stihljixxer
04-01-2008, 09:46 PM
in the back of the truck or if your set on having them on the trailer place them on the top rails of the trailer that is if it an open trailer then the rail will support the trimmer and just use a tool holder to hold them securely in place

jt5019
04-16-2008, 02:11 PM
i sent an e-mail after 7 days of the transaction pending but never received a response. i don't know. i'll give it a couple more days i suppose.

Any luck? i just ordered a JRCO dethatcher from them and my order status is still at pending.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
04-16-2008, 05:02 PM
in the back of the truck or if your set on having them on the trailer place them on the top rails of the trailer that is if it an open trailer then the rail will support the trimmer and just use a tool holder to hold them securely in place

This brings up a good point. If you have room in the bottom of your trailer bed (or in the back of your truck) for a trimmer/blower/edger, why would you not just put the stuff in there. Less stress on the shafts and better protected. I considered purchasing racks for my 5x8 to 'look cool and official' but then found out I had plenty of room in the bottom of the trailer once my Quick and 21" were loaded. Why spend more $$ if you don't have to?

lawnwizards
04-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Any luck? i just ordered a JRCO dethatcher from them and my order status is still at pending.

just got it today. havent got a chance to check them out though.

jt5019
04-17-2008, 01:40 AM
You placed the order on march 17th and just got it? Thats not gonna cut it for me. If i knew shipping would take that long i would have never went through them.

rob7233
04-17-2008, 03:22 AM
This brings up a good point. If you have room in the bottom of your trailer bed (or in the back of your truck) for a trimmer/blower/edger, why would you not just put the stuff in there. Less stress on the shafts and better protected. I considered purchasing racks for my 5x8 to 'look cool and official' but then found out I had plenty of room in the bottom of the trailer once my Quick and 21" were loaded. Why spend more $$ if you don't have to?

One quick answer to that......Thieves

EGL&L
04-17-2008, 07:49 AM
After reading several posts in this thread, I went with the X-treme racks. Just put them on the trailer two days ago and, Love Em! Well worth the money, and lawnsite members get a 10% discount.
If you need racks, check em out.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
04-17-2008, 09:43 AM
One quick answer to that......Thieves

True. But where I do business, small town Midwest, don't have to worry too much about theft. To each his own....

grass_cuttin_fool
04-18-2008, 06:21 AM
I wonder what the hold up was???........wonder if he is taking orders by the week then calling a warehouse or something and placing an order???......Mowmore sells the same rack but its 25 bux more.....anyway I think you will be pleased with the rack .......I know I am

wayne

lawnwizards
04-18-2008, 08:23 AM
I wonder what the hold up was???........wonder if he is taking orders by the week then calling a warehouse or something and placing an order???......Mowmore sells the same rack but its 25 bux more.....anyway I think you will be pleased with the rack .......I know I am

wayne
he said the hold up was getting the vinyl coated racks. i told him to just send me the powder coated ones instead if they were the same. thats what i got. can you post a pic of how you got yours installed? mine didnt come with any instructions. i think i have the right idea but wanna make sure. thanks.

deere615
04-18-2008, 09:38 PM
he said the hold up was getting the vinyl coated racks. i told him to just send me the powder coated ones instead if they were the same. thats what i got. can you post a pic of how you got yours installed? mine didnt come with any instructions. i think i have the right idea but wanna make sure. thanks.

I welded brackets on the outside of my trailer, I will grab some pics 2morrow

grass_cuttin_fool
04-19-2008, 10:17 AM

Dont think I have any pictures on hand but what I did was...just let the rack sit flush on the floor of the trailer and drilled and bolted it near the bottom and then again at the top rail of the trailer. You may want to use some vice grips before doing that and make sure your trimmer will work in the bottom slot before doing that. I think it should though unless you have some unusual high sides. Also place the 2 uprights as far as possible apart so that the rack will support the weight good and not have alot of hangover causing alot of bounce on the head and engine end

wayne

jt5019
04-19-2008, 10:40 AM

wayne

Well i just ordered a JRCO dethatcher from precoparts it has only been a week but my order still says pending and they have not responded to my email. Took three days to my door for parts from express mower parts out of Florida.

lawnwizards
04-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Dont think I have any pictures on hand but what I did was...just let the rack sit flush on the floor of the trailer and drilled and bolted it near the bottom and then again at the top rail of the trailer. You may want to use some vice grips before doing that and make sure your trimmer will work in the bottom slot before doing that. I think it should though unless you have some unusual high sides. Also place the 2 uprights as far as possible apart so that the rack will support the weight good and not have alot of hangover causing alot of bounce on the head and engine end

wayne

i went ahead and put them on. i actually put them on just as you described before seeing your post. lol i guess great minds think alike? :drinkup:

naturegardens
04-19-2008, 06:18 PM
can u get trimmer racks here in oz
if so whats the contact number or address
cheers:cool2::cool2:

logans lawns
04-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Well if i were you i would use the jungle jim racks.
they have great locking capabilities so you know you dont have to worry about anybody stealing your equipment

lil_cote_93
04-19-2008, 09:18 PM

wayne

are these the ones on ebay goin for 25 dollars, plus shipping?
CHEAP as chips man.

deere615
04-19-2008, 10:38 PM
Heres how I mounted mine:

lil_cote_93
04-20-2008, 07:18 PM
are those the same ones?

Lynden-Jeff
04-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Trailerracks is great, top notch service too.

deere615
04-21-2008, 10:38 PM
are those the same ones?

I have the same ones as grass_cuttin_fool, I am not sure if they are the same ones as on ebay, I never looked or seen them

grass_cuttin_fool
04-22-2008, 07:26 AM
are these the ones on ebay goin for 25 dollars, plus shipping?
CHEAP as chips man.

Im not sure....havent seen the ones on ebay to compare them

wayne

lil_cote_93
04-23-2008, 09:15 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Three-Place-Heavy-duty-Trimmer-Rack_W0QQitemZ320242674253QQihZ011QQcategoryZ71278QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

those are the ones i just won, waitin for them to get in, i believe they are the same. we'll see. ill let u guys know

lawnwizards
04-23-2008, 12:59 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Three-Place-Heavy-duty-Trimmer-Rack_W0QQitemZ320242674253QQihZ011QQcategoryZ71278QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

those are the ones i just won, waitin for them to get in, i believe they are the same. we'll see. ill let u guys know

they look similar. i'll take a pic and post it on here.

lawnwizards
04-23-2008, 01:49 PM
here ya go.

deere615
04-23-2008, 09:26 PM

They look really close. Not a bad deal, hope they work for you

CGC
04-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Just saw Jungle Jim's 3 Trimmer Rack on sale for $149 with free shipping on eBay... Don't pay full price on their site.

Excursion12
04-24-2008, 04:32 PM
No spin, no pins and only one padlock required and you can add on later if you want.

http://www.novaecorp.com/gridvideo.html