PDA

View Full Version : Toro SFS deck owners...

CFB
03-27-2008, 06:41 PM
What blade setup do you use to minimize clippings? I could not find high lift gators, just standard lift. Do gators or atomics help at all? Maybe 2 high lifts and a gator at the discharge chute? Maybe doubles, high lifts and gators? Any help would be appreciated if you have found something that works. Doubt there are many with this old deck style, but a search didn't come up with much.

edward hedrick
03-27-2008, 07:30 PM
I have a Toro 52" proline w 18 koh. I use low lift most,

sometimes Gators early Spring. Hi lift mid August till
leaf fall. I have both Gators and Atomics. I like the Atomics
for leaves. I put bolts 1" long in the 4 holes that hold the chute. These hold the leaves under the deck longer. I like the SFS deck in damp conditions. Ed

LawnTamer
03-27-2008, 07:42 PM
I have 2 SFS decks. I like either high lifts, or stock blades with Gator blades. Running doubles helps decrease clipping size and disperses clippings better.

Mimowerman
03-27-2008, 07:44 PM
I run atomic mulching blades on my 52 and 44 SFS decks... minimal clumping, but sometimes( Wet, or raining) Its almost unavoidable.

lawnprosteveo
03-27-2008, 08:04 PM
I have always used high lifts on my Toro 36 wb with the SFS deck...The gators dont seem to leave as nice a cut as the high lifts. When the clippings are really long, like with fescue, I just go over it again where its needed.

CFB
03-27-2008, 08:51 PM
I think I will try doubles with the high lift and gators. After more research online, I've read several with the SFS have had more success with that setup.
I worry about my engine not being able to handle it though....52" hydro WB, 15HP kohler.

Frue
03-27-2008, 08:55 PM
upgrade to the turbo force. the difference is huge

grass_cuttin_fool
03-30-2008, 02:00 PM
I didnt like the toro blades....I use Grass Hogs...the gator type blade that mowmore.com sells and it disperses the clippings better....seems to have more lift that the toro gator style blade did

wayne