PDA

View Full Version : Got a call to estimate on an attourney's office

BLKSS
03-28-2008, 01:44 AM
got the call yesterday, went today and charged 50.00 weekly the property is not big at all, even told him i would trim hedges free of charge. His response was "alright let me talk to my partner and we will get back with you". What do yall think the response will be? should i call in like 2 days? or should i wait.

Raven386
03-28-2008, 01:49 AM
I would give him until middle of next week and then do a check-up phone call. There is no telling what his response will be, it all depends on how you presented yourself and how you presented the bid. I think trimming the hedges for free sounds like you are begging for the job. JMO

lawnman_scott
03-28-2008, 03:10 AM
I would get paid in advance.

$grass$
03-28-2008, 03:26 AM
Yeah trimming the hedges for free? It does sound like begging.

DaughtryLC
03-28-2008, 03:44 AM
People with $ are the last ones to pay!!, People just getting by will have your $ when you finish!!

cgaengineer
03-28-2008, 07:59 AM
I would give him until middle of next week and then do a check-up phone call. There is no telling what his response will be, it all depends on how you presented yourself and how you presented the bid. I think trimming the hedges for free sounds like you are begging for the job. JMO

Depends really on how many hedges the attorney has...If it takes (Throwing a number out) 20 minutes to trim and it means he signs a yearly contract with him I would do it...I however would not continue to trim hedges for free indefinitely.

Atlantic Lawn
03-28-2008, 08:21 AM
Don't ever give your services away . Perhaps say that price includes hedge trimming if you want to give a service away. But don't say for free, what professional has ever told you sure I'll do that for free ?

Frue
03-28-2008, 08:33 AM
I would get paid in advance.

I second that.....

mngrassguy
03-28-2008, 08:34 AM
"If he calls back", ya right. But if he does, tell him you talked to your "partner" and you can no longer work for "free". I also agree to getting paid in advance for sure

Raven386
03-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Depends really on how many hedges the attorney has...If it takes (Throwing a number out) 20 minutes to trim and it means he signs a yearly contract with him I would do it...I however would not continue to trim hedges for free indefinitely.

If you do it for free once, he is going to expect it to be free for the rest of the time you do that property. And the next time you do it and charge him, he is going to wonder what the heck is going on.

JimmyStew
03-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Don't ever give your services away . Perhaps say that price includes hedge trimming if you want to give a service away. But don't say for free, what professional has ever told you sure I'll do that for free ?

I second that. This way, next year you can increase your price to cover the trimming and it is still included in the price but your getting paid for it!

kleankutslawn
03-28-2008, 12:24 PM
give him a follow up call next week. hope you land it.jmo,if you are going to offer something free include the time for the free service in your price.