PDA

View Full Version : kubota has the new gas series up on the web now!!!

grassman177
03-28-2008, 02:02 AM
yeah, some mention by me on another thread a couple of weeks ago about kubota and the new ZG 300 and 200 series mowers. modeled off the new ones everyone is probably now at least semi familiar withnow.\

these look pretty good, the larger zg 327 is basically the same mower but with a gas engine, and no integral front end jack standard. i checked them out at the dealer and now you can all see the innovation they have made in the new lineup. if i was not a diesel lover i would try one of these.

what does everyone think. oh yeah, the 200 series is definintly a lot smaller now, they need to make it in a diesel still but knows. just saying, looks bigger than it is in life, very compact machines.

grass disaster
03-28-2008, 03:11 PM
these kubota threads seem to die fast. this looks like a nice mower. shaft driven deck,hydr lift deck, deep deck, kubota motor. i don't understand why people arn't interested in this product.

Toad
03-28-2008, 07:15 PM
I wonder the same thing myself. Most guys seem to be shelling out the same if not more than I did for my zd331. I can say Kubota has a great line out there, and price is very good also.

lawns Etc
03-28-2008, 07:22 PM
The only drawback that I have heard and I have a problem too is the weight they are alot heavier than a comparable gas motor Z

grass disaster
03-28-2008, 07:30 PM
these gas ones are the same weight

Toad
03-28-2008, 07:43 PM
They all seem to be getting quite heavy. Most are in the 1200 to 1500 lb range, with the biggest Kubota around 1800lb. It is a factor i know, but most conditions can withstand the weight.

verant
03-28-2008, 07:56 PM
I think Kuboota just needs to advertise their product more. they're relatively new in ztr compared to other brands. I think they are quality machines

Toad
03-28-2008, 09:33 PM
I would like to run the gasser some day. It would be interesting to see how these kubota engines compare to Kohler, Kawi. I was not aware they made there own air cooled engines.

ProStreetCamaro
03-28-2008, 09:45 PM
these kubota threads seem to die fast. this looks like a nice mower. shaft driven deck,hydr lift deck, deep deck, kubota motor. i don't understand why people arn't interested in this product.

Well lets see here. They have a history of

1. Hydros that fail very early
2. Poor cut quality
3. Being excessively heavy

I think they have left a bad taste in peoples mouths that have had these problems and we all know word travels quick in this industry. Plus I personaly wouldnt own a foreign made mower but thats just me.

EDIT: Lets see here. The new gassers have a 10 guage deck and only 15,800 and 16000 fpm blade tip speed. No thank you.

grassman177
03-29-2008, 09:32 AM
yeah, they had some problems i experienced first hand, but they have been a very good company to work with and stand behind their products full force. no other company had stood behind their stuff like they do for us. they new mowers are a pleasure to use, i mowed for the first time this season yesterday, felt so good!!!!! these new decks really cut awesome, better discharge than exmark, grasshopper, scag for sure. i know because i have used them all as demos when my old kubota's were getting fixed!lol

the kubota keeps the deck clean and does not clog, mowing very damp conditions and tall grass. it has the same cut quality as the others, but out performs in grass handling in the deck and discharge. seriously, for real, like fo sure dudes!! hahah, just haven fun

Toad
03-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Well lets see here. They have a history of

1. Hydros that fail very early
2. Poor cut quality
3. Being excessively heavy

I think they have left a bad taste in peoples mouths that have had these problems and we all know word travels quick in this industry. Plus I personaly wouldnt own a foreign made mower but thats just me.

EDIT: Lets see here. The new gassers have a 10 guage deck and only 15,800 and 16000 fpm blade tip speed. No thank you.

No bad taste here, just the good taste of those expensive juicy delmonico steaks that I buy from the large amount of money the Kubota makes me.LOL

They employ alot of people in the US dont they. Down there in Georgia, and other areas around the country. I support them!

bigclawn
03-29-2008, 10:00 AM
We demo'd 3 different Kubota units for a total of 8 days on our schedule and the truth is they suck. Poor quality cut in anything but real routine conditions. 'Nuff said.

ProStreetCamaro
03-29-2008, 11:25 AM
No bad taste here, just the good taste of those expensive juicy delmonico steaks that I buy from the large amount of money the Kubota makes me.LOL

They employ alot of people in the US dont they. Down there in Georgia, and other areas around the country. I support them!

Im not saying the newer models are bad like the older ones but they did seem to have alot of issues in previous models.

TrapperJohn
03-29-2008, 11:34 AM
I just bought a diesel 326. Word around here is that the 300 series is vastly improved, and the price sure was right - no one else came close to that sort of deal. I believe they're cutting prices to get back into the market. $11k for a 60" diesel, with zero percent financing. Not bad, not bad at all.

grassman177
03-29-2008, 06:48 PM
good price man, yeah the new decks cut reall great for us. they just plow through. i love the kubota 300 series. did you all see the ocdc we made for our kubota's. i have the thread on here with pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toad
03-29-2008, 09:46 PM
good price man, yeah the new decks cut reall great for us. they just plow through. i love the kubota 300 series. did you all see the ocdc we made for our kubota's. i have the thread on here with pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have to check that out!

RedSox4Life
03-31-2008, 12:00 PM

This is only true on the two 200 models, the new zg327 has a blade tip speed of 18100, and has a 7 gauge deck.

WATCHADDIC
05-17-2008, 05:36 PM
these gas ones are the same weight

ACTUALLY THE ZG327 GAS IS ABOUT 400 POUNDS LESS THAN THE DIESEL :rolleyes: