PDA

View Full Version : anyone use the trenchblade before mulching----feedback if you would so please!

grassman177
03-28-2008, 02:13 AM
i ordered one today, after seeing the add here on the site.

i hope to not do too much re edging until i have it to try. i woulld like to know how anyone else thinks it works. thanks, the grassman:dancing:

Raven386
03-28-2008, 02:16 AM
do you have a link to the product?

corbster
03-28-2008, 08:17 AM
do you have a link to the product?

Umm...http://www.trenchblade.com/videos/ :hammerhead: J/K ... there is a lot of blade for sale on this site.

DLAWNS
03-28-2008, 09:00 AM
I just got them myself. Haven't had a chance to use it yet...but as soon as I do I will post my opinion.

AdamChrap
03-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Looks allot like a regular edger blade to me. We use a bed edger
http://www.brownproducts.com/index1.html I don't think the little trench that thing makes would work for us. I love the deep and wide trench that the bed master makes. Also the trench is straight up and down on the out side facing the grass and then sloped in on the mulch side, I love it! But you pay for it. I think ours was about $1800 when we got it around 6 years ago.
I'd be curious to know how it works and is it just for re shaping existing beds or will it do new beds? How much did it cost?

Raven386
03-28-2008, 09:15 AM
looks like they are $4.20 a blade...

Trenchblade
03-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Hi, this is James, the Inventor of the TrenchBlade. We will be putting some new videos on the website over the weekend (weather permitting) to show some other uses and general techniques for using The TrenchBlade with your stick edger. If you have used it, please let everyone know what you think about it and give any advice or feed back on how you are using it and how it works best for you. We are in the process of making one that will fit on the curved shaft Stihl edgers to wrap up a few minor compatibility issues.

Thanks

Raven386
03-28-2008, 09:28 AM
I wonder if it will fit my w/b edger... I guess ill go pick one up... no lawnsite discounts?

Trenchblade
03-28-2008, 09:37 AM
I wonder if it will fit my w/b edger... I guess ill go pick one up... no lawnsite discounts?

What size blade to you normally use on your bed edger?. Lawnsite discounts, thats a good idea. I will call my web guy and see if thats something we can set up on our order page. You guys do deserve a discount, I have got about 45 orders from people on lawnsite and all positive feedback. If fact, everyone who has used one has been happy with the results and how easy it is to use. Thanks for the suggestion, and I will do my best to make it happen.

larryinalabama
03-28-2008, 09:47 AM
I got my trench blade last week, I will say it does ok for what it is. Its also fairley fast.

I was going to order 10 more blades but I found a good deal on a used Brownbededger and Im waiting for delivery on it

Raven386
03-28-2008, 10:54 AM
What size blade to you normally use on your bed edger?. Lawnsite discounts, thats a good idea. I will call my web guy and see if thats something we can set up on our order page. You guys do deserve a discount, I have got about 45 orders from people on lawnsite and all positive feedback. If fact, everyone who has used one has been happy with the results and how easy it is to use. Thanks for the suggestion, and I will do my best to make it happen.

I think the center hole is to big on the blade to fit my edger. And I have no idea what size the blade is I use lol. do they fit all edgers? or to be more specific echo edgers?

Trenchblade
03-28-2008, 10:59 AM
I think the center hole is to big on the blade to fit my edger. And I have no idea what size the blade is I use lol. do they fit all edgers? or to be more specific echo edgers?

They fit all echo edgers. The only stick edger that it will not fit on are the curved shaft Stihl models.

larryinalabama
03-28-2008, 10:59 AM
The hole os 1 "

Trenchblade
03-28-2008, 12:51 PM
The arbor is 1 inch and the blade is 7 3/4 x 2

larryinalabama
03-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Mr trenchblade do you have any operating tips?

Trenchblade
03-28-2008, 01:06 PM
If you wanna get the pulverized soil out of the trench and into the bed,try running it backwards through the trench you just made!

Trenchblade
03-28-2008, 01:09 PM
If you run it backwards, make sure you are not next to a window, car, or person without PPE on!!!!

Trenchblade
03-28-2008, 01:12 PM
If you wanna make your trench a little wider, try to angle the spinning blade a little. this all depends on the type of soil you are working in and how strong your edger is also. That was a good question. I think I will add a tips and tricks section to my website going more in detail about how to use it. Thanks Alabama.

okeefl
03-28-2008, 01:15 PM
They fit all echo edgers. The only stick edger that it will not fit on are the curved shaft Stihl models.

They will not work on a HE25F Redmax either. The clearance does not allow it to spin.

grassman177
03-29-2008, 09:37 AM
cant wait to get mine so i can use it when we mulch nest week! this is better than rakes and shovels i would have to say.

LawnScapers of Dayton
03-30-2008, 08:26 AM
what about Shindiawa edgers???