PDA

View Full Version : AO Safety Worktunes

kooba
03-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Just wondering if anybody uses them to listen to music while cutting grass. I wondered how they worked, do they keep the noise to a minamal so you can hear the music while the mower is running. Thanks, any input would be great or if there are other ones out there that work better. These are $50. kooba.

oaky1018
03-28-2008, 09:29 AM
I Use Them And I Think They Are Great, Blocks Out The Noise And The Radio's Not To Loud, Does Not Hurt The Ear, I Would Recommend Them

fourbybud
03-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Once you use them you will wonder how you lived without them. I can actually hear better with them on. They keep your ears warm in the fall too!!!!:clapping:

Ford850
03-28-2008, 09:36 AM
They work great. Look for the new model with the digital tuner display. I think Home Depot or Lowes has them for $39.00 now.

hackitdown
03-28-2008, 09:37 AM
I would not work without them.

hockeypro1411
03-28-2008, 11:04 AM
:( we cant listen to them for safety reasons :(

kleankutslawn
03-28-2008, 11:25 AM
never tried them

Reassurance Property
03-28-2008, 11:53 AM
I use the Husqvarna Landscaper Radio. They are super nice. Digital tuner and block a lot of noise. They are a little more spendy then most but are better then others I have tried. It is also nice to listen to your local radio and you can get the weather reports as you mow!!

kooba
03-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Just checked the homedepot and lowes site and all of them were $60. Where are they for $40? on the net.

lawnwizards
03-28-2008, 12:17 PM
i all reality, those worktunes are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced. you can get a set of 3 dollar ear muffs and a 5 dollar radio and make your own. of course i'm guilty of just plunking down the 50 bucks for the worktunes. :dizzy:

tyaroch
03-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Great product. The new model with the digital tuner is great. It has presets for FM and AM as wll as half frequency tuning. They also come with a patch cord for MP3 players and the like. They protect your ears by having a limited volume as well.

ProStreetCamaro
03-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Worktunes are junk compared to the Elvex protectors. The worktunes loose the station very easy, stations dont come in as strong as they should and they dont block out as much noise as they should. I have owned 2 pairs of both and the Elvex wins hands down.

mybowtie
03-28-2008, 01:03 PM
:mad:My set(s), lost one when i left it on the trailer. Work great, never loses the station, but i might be closer to the station signal then some. Use them once, and u will always use them. Got my last set on sale at HD for $39.

Ford850
03-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Just checked the homedepot and lowes site and all of them were $60. Where are they for $40? on the net.
I saw them in the store last week, but I forget if it was HD or Lowes. They were $39, and caught my eye since I paid $59 a few years ago. At first i thought they were closing out old stock without the digital tuner display, but I picked one up and sure enough it had the new tuner. If you aren't in a hurry, just keep your eys open for them. I've seen them in a lot of places lately, usually for $49 or $59, but once in awhile they are $39.
WOW, I just checked and most places have the new model for $69, including Sears and Walmart. I think I will make a trip to HD and Lowes tomorrow to try to find them cheaper as a spare to my old set.

kooba
03-28-2008, 10:23 PM
TTT
Anyone else have any input?

laxative
03-28-2008, 11:34 PM
My older ones are junk. Won't hold a station. Spent all my time trying to tune something in. Still wear 'em sometimes over ear plugs because one mower is ridiculously loud. But I never put batteries in them. And I lost the battery cover.

Digital tuner or presets might be better.

kyfireman2004
03-28-2008, 11:38 PM
I got 2 pair of digital muffs from our lowes last fall......I really enjoy not tring to find stations everytime they get bumped.

k-man
04-03-2008, 10:03 PM
I used a set last season around town...could only get a few stations good (92 94 104 ) alot of bleed over on the other stations. I think that mine drifted slightly. When they work...I loved them!

KS_Grasscutter
04-03-2008, 10:17 PM
I am gonna try to find a set of the digital ones. My older style got destroted last winter because I got really pissed about something and the worktunes seem to have gone into orbit:hammerhead:

At least now I have a reason to get some of the digital ones :laugh:

davink
04-03-2008, 10:26 PM
I just got a pair of the digital from HD used them today for the first time. Worked great, if I had any complaint it was that the radio did not go loud enough. I could hear it fine, but I like to listen loud to some songs. I found I had it cranked all the way up. Amaising how well it blocked out the mower noise though.

deereman
04-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Where are all the places that you can get the digital set from? We run the yellow work tunes our selves and I HATE it when they loose the station it gets very frustrating! And also how much are the digitals?

davink
04-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Where are all the places that you can get the digital set from? We run the yellow work tunes our selves and I HATE it when they loose the station it gets very frustrating! And also how much are the digitals?

I just got my digitals at the Home Deopt - they were $50. well worth it though

dobberjeff
04-04-2008, 12:11 AM
We used to use them they are pretty good compared to nothing else. The pairs I had could not get a strong enough signal to avoid going from static to clear depending on where i walked. They do block out sound but in my opinion not enough. I now use my ipod and some JVC MARSHMELLOWS ear buds. They block out much more sound than anything else I have tried I even tried scull candy and bose sound isolating ear buds. They cost about 20 bucks and they block out more sound than the others I have tried that cost aroun $100. Buy some and you will not regret it over the worktunes.

mowing grass 1111
04-04-2008, 12:28 AM
i had the worktunes and thought they sucked ... i still have them somewhere. I have been looking for a decent headset for a while and don't mind spending the money for a good set. if anybody knows of a decent set post up the info... with the worktunes you pay for what ya get which is not much .. imo $25 is to much for the work tunes

jsaunders
04-04-2008, 12:59 PM
The new digital wortunes are much better then the old style- The stations come in much better- easier to find the correct station- 5 presets and the sound damping is now 26 vs the old 22 (keep your hearing) We don;t work with out them.

$49 at Home Depot

Ford850
04-07-2008, 02:22 PM
The new digital wortunes are much better then the old style- The stations come in much better- easier to find the correct station- 5 presets and the sound damping is now 26 vs the old 22 (keep your hearing) We don;t work with out them.

$49 at Home Depot
I've been to a several HD and Lowes looking for the $39 deal I saw a couple weeks ago, but haven't found them again. They are priced at $49 now, regardless of the digital or manual tuning features. I think there are several variations out there but they are all made by Peltor. I haven't been able to find any with the NR26 rating either. All have been NR22 like my old set.

Mic_bug
04-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Once you use them you will wonder how you lived without them. I can actually hear better with them on. They keep your ears warm in the fall too!!!!:clapping:

And your ear sweaty in the spring and summer:cry: