PDA

View Full Version : Rotoller

larryinalabama
03-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Wel I have most of my equiptment purchased but still looking for a Rototiller, any imput on which Brand and which HP

JeffNY
03-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Troybilt Big Red.

KGR landscapeing
03-28-2008, 11:48 AM
honda or if ur looking for a little one mantis. its all about what ur doing to. the for most people who rnt turning over rows a front tine can eat just about anything. for guys who use them for breaking up alot rear tine is the way to go. echo makes a little tiller too thou the one i had ended up with a craftsman motor on it.

cgaengineer
03-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Wel I have most of my equiptment purchased but still looking for a Rototiller, any imput on which Brand and which HP

I have a Troybuilt...they are still built with a very strong Tranny, so strong in fact that when a rock gets jammed in the tines, the tines just break. I have replaced more tines on my tiller than I would have ever thought. My Troybuilt came with a little 5.5 hp Honda, one speed forward and reverse assist.

larryinalabama
03-28-2008, 12:24 PM
IS 5.5 hp enought tiller?

cgaengineer
03-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Well I it depends, I will tell you that the tines will break before the engine stops.

lawnpro724
03-28-2008, 04:37 PM
I just bought a Husqvarna 700 drt tiller and have yet to use it since its been to wet around here to much of anything. Its built rock solid and the best thing about it is the transmission has forward tines moving, Rearward tines moving, Neutral, Forward, Reverse the latter two the tines are disengaged and its a dual rotation tiller which means the tines can till in forward rotating or counter rotating. The engine is a Briggs 7.5hp IC and should have plenty of power for most things.

larryinalabama
03-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks fellers for the replays Im thinking something 6.5 - 8 hp is enough?

cgaengineer
03-28-2008, 11:03 PM
The 5hp on mine is plenty, but the extra power and weight of a large engine will help keep the machine from bouncing you so much...it wont stop it from bouncing, but it may make the difference in you only being sore for 7 days instead of 8.

lawnpro724
03-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Bouncing? Are you using a front rotation tiller? Counter rotation tiller don't bounce like front rotation tillers do. You must be using a front tine tiller and not a rear tine tiller if your sore from all the bouncing around. I have both and my front tine tiller will beat you to death if the ground is hard.

KGR landscapeing
03-29-2008, 12:33 AM
Bouncing? Are you using a front rotation tiller? Counter rotation tiller don't bounce like front rotation tillers do. You must be using a front tine tiller and not a rear tine tiller if your sore from all the bouncing around. I have both and my front tine tiller will beat you to death if the ground is hard.

not if u have a good drag bar