PDA

View Full Version : Lawnsite almost unusable

LawnTamer
03-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Hello,
I really am not one to complain, and I love surfing Lawnsite, but it has become scarcely possible. It is OK at 1AM, but when I am actually awake, and not working it has become so slow and unresponsive it has become difficult to use. I often will try to open a thread, open another window, visit another site, read a thread, maybe post, then come back to Lawnsite to find the thread still hasn't opened, or the operation has timed out.
It is very frustrating to write a comment and not be able to post it because the server is too busy.
I hope MRP and the staff at Lawnsite are working to correct this problem and investing in increased server capacity.
I think I am a fairly typical user here and have patronized several businesses that I have found here, including mowpart.com, RND signs and Plugr. I am hoping to be able to patronize more this yr. BOP, Dump pro and Gregson Clark. All companies I have found here. I would think that with as many users as we have here, there would be sufficient funds to keep the site operating smoothly.

Lawn-Sharks
03-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Im with you bro! I really enjoy the knowledge here and the hassel free easement of finding something you need throu the sponcers of LawnSite. Also i have made purchases throu the sponcers on this site and feel that it should run smoother than it has for i am having problems to

GreenN'Clean
03-28-2008, 12:05 PM
You can thank all the ads thats running on here for it running slower

Michael J. Donovan
03-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Just wanted to let you know that Sean addressed this yesterday - http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=222167&page=3

also, "all the ads" help to keep this site free and running :)

DLCS
03-28-2008, 04:07 PM
also, "all the ads" help to keep this site free and running :)

Right and without the members coming here, those sponsors wouldn't want to advertise. Since this site was sold again, it has got progressively worse to the point members are getting server busy messages. You can keep taunting the "free membership" all you want but without members this site would be nothing. I rember when this site was more about helping one another out not about ads and money.

GreenN'Clean
03-28-2008, 04:21 PM
The ads keep it free but you don't need as many ads as whats on here now..... I don't see this many ads on myspace and thats a shocker

Charles
03-28-2008, 04:35 PM
The ads keep it free but you don't need as many ads as whats on here now..... I don't see this many ads on myspace and thats a shocker

We can't help that we have a better sale's force than myspace. This site's members are all about free enterprise, making money and helping each other. Lawnsite is about free enterprise, making money and helping its Members/Sponsors be successful.
Sean says he is working on the problem. Give him a chance to "get -r done":usflag:

Supper Grassy
03-28-2008, 04:45 PM
If you are having trouble you need to post in this thread http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=222167

you need to list what problems are occuring and when they are occuring

mattfromNY
03-28-2008, 04:51 PM
A couple days ago, I was having the same problems. Today everything seems back up to normal surfing speed. Thanks for whatever you guys did, I was having withdrawals.

DLCS
03-28-2008, 05:30 PM
A couple days ago, I was having the same problems. Today everything seems back up to normal surfing speed. Thanks for whatever you guys did, I was having withdrawals.

Wait until later when everyone is on here. This time of day is not bad.

DLCS
03-28-2008, 05:35 PM
I stand corrected. Took 1 minute and 30 seconds for the create a post box to come up for me. i'm on a T1 connection.

Atlantic Lawn
03-30-2008, 08:19 AM
For the time being I've adjusted the times I visit LS, things will work out in time.