PDA

View Full Version : Search fails

Dirty Water
03-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 65536 bytes) in /home/www/lawnsite/lawnsite.com/docs/search.php on line 1028

Looks like you guys are running on a Virtual Private Server with a hardset memory cap, as searching the database for "Business Credit" causes the PHP runtime to run out of memory.

If you guys haven't bought a dedicated server, its time to do it, co-location hosting costs less than $1k a month.

If you already have one, its time to either move off Vbulletins crappy slow PHP platform, or set up a cluster with the mySQL database on its own server.

Just pointing out the obvious, you guys have been denying there is a problem for months, yet all of your users don't buy it, because we experience it.

Charles
03-28-2008, 01:20 PM
First you try and sabatoge Lawnsite's income with instructions on how to get around viewing advertising(which kinda like PAYS for the server--duh!). Then you preach to the owners about spending more? money on a server. Thanks for your support:rolleyes: :confused:::hammerhead:
On top of that, you support Obama. Which in and by itself is reason to not put confidence in your judgement:laugh:

Lawn-Sharks
03-28-2008, 02:42 PM
DANG!:hammerhead:

DLCS
03-28-2008, 03:45 PM
First you try and sabatoge Lawnsite's income with instructions on how to get around viewing advertising(which kinda like PAYS for the server--duh!). Then you preach to the owners about spending more? money on a server. Thanks for your support:rolleyes: :confused:::hammerhead:
On top of that, you support Obama. Which in and by itself is reason to not put confidence in your judgement:laugh:

I think everyone has figured out how to avoid the blinky blinky ads. I have been doing that for years. But it doesn't help anymore, this site gets slower every week. The ads are a small part of the problem.

As far as Obama, who do you support Hillary or did you turn republican on us Charles?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::rolleyes:

Charles
03-28-2008, 04:34 PM
I think everyone has figured out how to avoid the blinky blinky ads. I have been doing that for years. But it doesn't help anymore, this site gets slower every week. The ads are a small part of the problem.

As far as Obama, who do you support Hillary or did you turn republican on us Charles?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::rolleyes:

Not too fond of Hillary either, but she is better than Obama. I just won't vote if its Obama
You should be encouraging members to click on those blinky ads so you can keepy your "fix":laugh:

DLCS
03-28-2008, 04:37 PM
You should be encouraging members to click on those blinky ads so you can keepy your "fix":laugh:

I can get my fix elsewhere. A drunk doesn't only drink one brand of wiskey.:laugh:

Dirty Water
03-28-2008, 08:45 PM

Considering the pockets of Moose, I'd expect they could afford it. Additionally, since they manage to cram their magazines with about a 1/10 content to ad ratio, I think they understand how to sell ads.

And nobody, and I mean nobody, pays on click through when you have a high traffic site like this. You pay a flat rate for having the ad there.

Regardless, like other members have said, shape up or ship out....or in this case, it will be the membership that does the shipping out.

Is having a working search to much to ask?