PDA

View Full Version : Blade Recommendations for Scag FreedomZ

homerlex
03-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Hey guys,

I have a Scag freedomZ that I use for residential use (I know this is a commercial forum but you guy are the experts so I figure you might be able to help).

I currently have the stock blades on (#482878) and was wondering if anyone could recommend a comparable or better blade. My dealer want $16 a blade for these. I'm thinking about keeping a spare set of blades around that I can put on while the other set goes out for sharpening (yikes, they want $6 a blade to sharpen them). Since I'll probably only have them sharpened 2x a year it would not be efficient for me to get a dedicated sharpener.

Anyway, any recommedations are much appreciated!

Texas Mower Parts
03-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Any 18" w/ a 5/8" center hole blade will work for your 52" Scag. Thanks
-Travis

bigclawn
03-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Support your local dealer. His OEM part may be a little higher (it's usually better quality!!) but you are not going to be buying a lot of them and the support of your dealer will be returned when you need service, etc. Support the business inyour own neighborhood!!

Meg-Mo
03-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Put the MEG MO blades on your mower and sharpen them your self and save a lot of money and have a nice cut with no grass showing on the turf on a normal weekly mowing.