PDA

View Full Version : Lesco Sucks!

JimmyStew
03-28-2008, 06:43 PM
I've been trying to look at equipment on Lesco's website and have been unsuccessful thus far! I navigate through the menus on the left margin but I am never able to see any products. I registered and signed in but nothing. Additionally, I attempted to use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the home page and it simply refreshed the page. Then, I tried to email customer service, and here's the kicker, they apparently won't accept email from hotmail/msn servers!!! Awesome company. I guess they won't be getting my business.

:hammerhead::hammerhead:

SNAPPER MAN
03-28-2008, 07:01 PM
There website has been down for a while ever since they got bought out by johndeere. There equipment has stopped being manufactured but the same exact equipment is available from cubcadet commercial, from mowers to application equipment. Dont get mad at lesco because they are a great company for chemicals but their equipment is now being made anymore.

TREEGUARD
03-28-2008, 07:36 PM
lesco equipment sucks anyway stay away from it

Jason Rose
03-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Lesco equipment does NOT suck... It's the same as Cub Cadet Commercial, and there's thousands of people out there that rely on it every day to make their living.

That said, yes, since John Deere took over Lesco they dismantled their website and made it pretty much useless. Why? I have no idea! Dosn't make any sence... Many people, including myself relyed on their website to find product lables, MSDS sheets, equipment specs, store inventorys, my past purchaces, etc. It's been months since the takeover, and they "promised" that it would be better than before. Well where it is John Deere???

Mowerboy04
03-28-2008, 08:06 PM
lesco equipment sucks anyway stay away from it

i agree lesco makes the worst mowing equipment ever. i demoed a lesco z2 and it was really really bad, the cut was bad, the frame was to small for the 60in deck it was under powered and did i mentioned it cut really bad. stay away from them! buy anything but a lesco.

js.lawn
03-28-2008, 08:19 PM
lasco sucks period to high price mowers suck thats my opinoin if you dont like it dont ready it and it is there fault

Dstosh
03-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Yea, lesco's are junk.

You guys should actually try something before you bash it:dizzy:

Mowerboy04
03-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Yea, lesco's are junk.

You guys should actually try something before you bash it:dizzy:

i have tried the lesco, i demoed it for a week, here is what i found while i had it:
cons
1. left clumps while mowing
2. i did not like the dampers behind the levers they kept going back to nutral and my arms got tired after useing the thing all day.
3. it was under powered for a 60in deck
4. you are very limmited on leg room on the mower "and i'm a small guy 120lbs"
5. did't stripe "i know i can see your unit stripes but the one i had did't"
6. other things i did't like were the dealer did't stock parts or work on the units.

the pros
1. it was afforadable
2. i got to give it back at the end of the week.

but this is just my experience, i'm honestly not trying to bash lesco but this is the experience i had with the demo i had. it could have very well been the mower but after this experience i never plan on buying a lesco unless someone can convince me otherwise.
alex

js.lawn
03-28-2008, 09:55 PM
do you think i would bash on some thing i have never used get real buddy

JimmyStew
03-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Ok, can I change the title of the thread to "I'm dissapointed with Lesco's current level of service"?

Dstosh
03-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Ok, can I change the title of the thread to "I'm dissapointed with Lesco's current level of service"?

Good Call. My Lesco/JDL seems to be ok for now, It seems as they have the new z-two's on sale for less than what I paid 3 years ago, so I'm thinking that they are going to dump them in the next year or so. Oh well, I'll just go to the cub dealer.

hole in one lco
03-28-2008, 10:40 PM
lesco put me in 6 figures so just because you dont know how 2 mow dont talk shyt on something you dont own

lawnpro724
03-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Lesco, Cub Cadet and many other brands are all MTD products. We will have to see if John Deer can make the Leso mower better than MTD.

LawnTamer
03-28-2008, 10:51 PM
I actually feel bad for my Lesco reps. I feel bad jumping ship on them, but since JD took over, product prices have jumped and they are going to close the store in the fall.
I found a local ag supplier, their prices are better, and they are bending over backwards to help me out. If they don't have, they will track it down.

Envy Lawn Service
03-28-2008, 10:52 PM
i have tried the lesco, i demoed it for a week, here is what i found while i had it:
cons
1. left clumps while mowing
2. i did not like the dampers behind the levers they kept going back to nutral and my arms got tired after useing the thing all day.
3. it was under powered for a 60in deck
4. you are very limmited on leg room on the mower "and i'm a small guy 120lbs"
5. did't stripe "i know i can see your unit stripes but the one i had did't"
6. other things i did't like were the dealer did't stock parts or work on the units.

the pros
1. it was afforadable
2. i got to give it back at the end of the week.

but this is just my experience, i'm honestly not trying to bash lesco but this is the experience i had with the demo i had. it could have very well been the mower but after this experience i never plan on buying a lesco unless someone can convince me otherwise.
alex

You are totally FOS!!!

You've never even been on a Ztwo... gimmie a break...

These mowers honestly probably have the most leg room of any ZTR on the market. Too much leg room to suit me and I'm a tall guy.

js.lawn
03-28-2008, 11:20 PM
lesco put me in 6 figures so just because you dont know how 2 mow dont talk shyt on something you dont own

lmao YA RIGHT

hole in one lco
03-29-2008, 12:15 AM
lmao YA RIGHT

feel free 2 stop by my place and ill will show you my bank account

tuscanvalleylandscaping
03-29-2008, 08:20 AM
The new lesco mowers are going to be made by ariens/ gravely i was told by the jdl rep some time next season.

js.lawn
03-29-2008, 11:03 AM
lmao YA RIGHT

DONT CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU MADE WAS TALKIN ABOUT YOU SAYIN I DONT KNOW HOW TO MOW I THINK YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY TO ME IM IN THE 6 FIGURES TO I WORKED MY A SS OF TO GET WHERE I AM AND DONT NEED A MORON TELLIN ME A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT

JimmyStew
03-29-2008, 12:44 PM
If John Deere bought lesco, why don't they make the mowers or sell JD through the stores???

whoopassonthebluegrass
03-29-2008, 12:54 PM
My first mower was a 36" belt drive Lesco. I still own it but don't use it unless I'm truly desperate.

*The cut was awesome - waaay better than the Toro's I currently run.
*The front forks weren't welded worth a crap, so I learned the art of novice-welding thanks to my Lesco.
*Side discharge on it was so nice. I'd always side disharged. Then when I switched to my T-Bars I started getting complaints that I wasn't bagging any more. ;)
*But that friggin' pistol grip was too hard to operate. Replaced it after first season. Now it's my fail-safe. Sitting in the barn. Hoping I never have to use it again.

metro36
03-29-2008, 03:06 PM
I have nothing bad to say about my lesco. It is a great mower and it cuts awesome. It is very far from crap.

hole in one lco
03-29-2008, 03:11 PM
DONT CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU MADE WAS TALKIN ABOUT YOU SAYIN I DONT KNOW HOW TO MOW I THINK YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY TO ME IM IN THE 6 FIGURES TO I WORKED MY A SS OF TO GET WHERE I AM AND DONT NEED A MORON TELLIN ME A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT

OK mr tough guy

js.lawn
03-29-2008, 03:13 PM
OK mr tough guy

DAMN RIGHT

hole in one lco
03-29-2008, 03:14 PM
DAMN RIGHT

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

RD 12
03-29-2008, 03:55 PM
I can not comment on their equipment, but customer service since JDL took over is the pits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!