PDA

View Full Version : us maintenance

richard1103
03-28-2008, 08:16 PM
any body do work for usm or other out source companys

Whites Lawn Care
03-28-2008, 09:25 PM
I got a call from them they offered me several banks in my area. 185 a month for a full service contract spring clean, fall clean, fert, mow,irrigation startup and shut down and frankly I wouldn't have touched atleast one of them for under 700 a month. just my 2 cents worth.:hammerhead:

ffemt1271
03-28-2008, 10:34 PM
i think i got a call from them, they do the same thing that field assets does, run like h@#$. they suck, demand too much , and set thier own price, require before and after pics, and if they THINK you did a good job they will pay you

ncls
03-28-2008, 10:43 PM
I do 2 Best Buys and a BoatersWorld, on the lawn side, and both Best Buys and a Studio 6 Motel on the snow side. The paperwork can be a pain in the azz, and calling in all the time, but they pay 37 days after the invoice date. If the check is late, just call the rep. I've had to call the supervisior once in three years. Snow wise, the check is in the mailbox on time.

They did screw us by withholding 4% of an already agreed upon contracts.
But they were recently bought out by another company.

When they give you a price, it is negotiable.

If you're one of those contractors who thinks they do the best work, and everyone should pay you top dollar to get you on the property, this company is not for you. Actually, no maintenance company is for you.

ncls
03-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Oh, yeah. If you have to drive by the property they want you to service, to get to a customer, you are already way ahead.

ProTouch Groundscapes
03-29-2008, 12:31 AM
huh, ncls, i know your company. do you do work exclusively through those types of outsource companies?

ncls
03-29-2008, 07:19 AM
No, not at all. Got a mix of residentials, commercial, and government bid work. I wouldn't recommend doing too much of your work through companies like this. These companies can and do go into bankruptcy.

Atlantic Lawn
03-29-2008, 07:23 AM
Got a call from them a few years back, I told them what we could cut it for and somebody else ended up with the work. They got what they paid for too.

richard1103
03-29-2008, 07:36 AM
i do not like parasites . 8 locations they wanted to pay 1875 per months 4 %
after first 10k i told them no they went up 1000 on total for year

Scagguy
03-29-2008, 08:34 AM
We did some work for US Lawns. Had a really bad experience with them. They want to think that they own you. Everything with those guys is a fire drill. Drop whatever your doing and go take care of some minor problem. They pay 90-115 days late. I told them up front that late payments are my hot button. They were dropped the first of this month after holding Decembers check.

Tharrell
03-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Richard, You need to update your signature, you don't have a 52 Lesco walkbehind anymore!
Oh yeah, I went by the bank today. It's looking real ragged. I saw one in Winston a week ago and it looked ragged too. I suppose no one is cutting them at all right now. Tony

ProTouch Groundscapes
03-29-2008, 01:34 PM
NCLS- is there another company around here called NLCI?? are you the owner of your company? have you done work in parma off of broadview rd. in a new development for Tanglewood Homes? do you plow the the Chase bank on broadview between pleasant valley and sprague. sorry to make this sound like an inquisition its just that my gf's parents have a new house in that development and had a bad experience with their landscaping company the developer choose to use. i just want to make sure im not thinking of someone else and accusing you of something. and im sure its not your fault if you do happen to be the same company. ill let you know what the issues are, just wanted to clear up the identity thing first.

ncls
03-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Yes, I believe there is a company called NLCI. I am strictly on the East side of town. Yes, I am the owner.

My company is NorthCoast LawnScapes

ProTouch Groundscapes
03-29-2008, 04:28 PM
ok then, yea it is the other company. sorry bout that!

Jay's Lawncare
03-29-2008, 08:50 PM
I got a call from them they offered me several banks in my area. 185 a month for a full service contract spring clean, fall clean, fert, mow,irrigation startup and shut down and frankly I wouldn't have touched atleast one of them for under 700 a month. just my 2 cents worth.:hammerhead:

those wouldnt be BB&T Banks would they?

grass-scapes
03-29-2008, 09:11 PM
They offer a price on sites which are negotiable. They ALSO pay you separately for a spring cleanup and a fall cleanup. All prices are negotiable. They gave me some prices, which were low. I countered with higher prices...in some cases almost double. They agreed. I just picked up 10 branches of BOA and a call center. I have done work for Dentco and this will be the first time for USM.

btw...the 4% "rebate" is in the contract. It takes effect after the first 10 grand they pay you, but your first 6 months is full payment. I will hit 10 grand at 2 months.

The sites include shrub pruning, fert, mulch, and irrigation start up in the cleanup (which is paid separate) Routine maintenance and 1 fert app during the year for the monthly fee. Pruning, fert, turning of mulch or touching up of pine needles and irrigation shut down in Fall cleanup. Leaves also, but you will get most of them in your weekly visits. Unlike Dentco, its a 12 month contract, not 10.

I will see how it works out. Dentco lost all its business in my area (so Ive been told) so this will take their place. I did Best Buy, Sheetz, Pep Boys for dentco at one time or another.

Whites Lawn Care
03-31-2008, 08:08 AM
yes it was the bb&t I called to ask her if the prices were negotioable over a week ago when they called she said to an extent. The stilll havn't been done and she says she had someone to do them..... 185 is what they were paying for mulch/pine needles. Sorry but i'm not workin for free i couldn't even buy materials for that. Not to mention Ins, Labor, fuel, and all the fancy toys. How are these folks makin any money on them?