PDA

View Full Version : weed control

pdenney11
03-28-2008, 08:40 PM
What is the best product at a decent price to use to get rid of weeds in a zoysia yard? There isn't a lot of weeds in this yard but the lady wants what there to be gone. I haven't started buying any kind of chemicals yet so I have no idea what to use or how to use it.
Also best product to spray in flower bed and along bordering to get rid of weeds. I used High-Yield on it but it barely did anything.
Thanks

jdmcat
03-28-2008, 11:33 PM
what kind of weeds?

Mark Bogart
03-29-2008, 12:04 AM
Does Missouri require a Pesticide License? If you don't know what to use or how to use it you shouldn't be experimenting on a customers lawn. Just my opinion.

pdenney11
03-29-2008, 10:38 AM
the weed is henbit. If I wanted to experiment on customers lawns I wouldnt have asked the question and I would have just tried it on my own.

mslawn
03-29-2008, 10:59 AM
You need a pesticide license to apply any chemicals.

Mark Bogart
03-29-2008, 11:00 AM
the weed is henbit. If I wanted to experiment on customers lawns I wouldnt have asked the question and I would have just tried it on my own.

I'm not being a jerk but your first thread sounds like you have no experience in pesticides. Just my opinion. Henbit can be a tough plant to control. Best time to control it is when it's in the seedling to flower stage. Also you can have excellent results in the fall time. You want to use a selective post-emergent herbicide labeled for the use on zoysia turf.

pdenney11
03-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks guys. Is the pesticide license costly and hard to get?

Mark Bogart
03-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks guys. Is the pesticide license costly and hard to get?

Each State is different on what type of testing is required on pesticide licenses. Also there's different categories you can be licensed. You'll have to contact your State Agriculture Department to see what they require to be a licensed Pesticide Applicator. A lot of States also require you to be insured to spray. In my State you have to be licensed and insured to spray. If your just doing a couple applications a year it's not worth having the license or the insurance. Sub that part out to a Professional that does it on a daily basis.

pdenney11
03-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Yeah it would only be a couple times a year, probably not worth my time then. I can't really afford extra insurance right now either since i've only been doing this a couple weeks now. Well thanks for everything mark