PDA

View Full Version : snow in late march?

Frontstreetlawns
03-28-2008, 08:50 PM
I just cant believe it but it was snowing and we were mowing. Its not sticking. its melting when it hits but it seems odd that were getting snow now. its sure delaying the busy season though

N.H.BOY
03-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Dude, we got between 3-6 inches over here in New Hampshire:hammerhead:

ECS
03-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Tonight
Breezy. Snow likely in the evening...then snow after midnight. Snow accumulation of 3 to 4 inches. Lows 15 to 19. South winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent.

Saturday
Breezy...cloudy. Snow likely in the morning...then scattered snow showers in the afternoon. Snow accumulation around 2 inches. Total snow accumulation 5 to 6 inches. Highs 27 to 31. Southwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.

To tell you the truth, I am tired of it now.

JimmyStew
03-29-2008, 07:37 AM
I just cant believe it but it was snowing and we were mowing. Its not sticking. its melting when it hits but it seems odd that were getting snow now. its sure delaying the busy season though

:cry::cry:Don't mean to whine but...

We were on the northern fringe of this last storm to roll east so we only had an inch or so of snow yesterday, all of which melted by evening - while it was still snowing - and then a dusting over night but...we still have a good solid 3 to 3.5 FEET of snow over most of the ground. Some of the south facing slopes are melting good with the sun but we cant get temps in the 40's for more than a day at a time. I'm starting to wonder if spring will ever get here!

Charles
03-29-2008, 07:44 AM
I remember back in the 1960s we got a snowstorm down south just about this time. So it can't be that rare up there. Longterm forecast show a up and down chilly/warm April. Just like last year, there is going to be a late spring and that sucks!

meets1
03-29-2008, 08:52 AM
I also got about 5 inches on weds which is about gone but I still have snow on the ground. Today it is about 40 mph winds and then calling for rain. Next week is cool and rain/snow chances for us all week. Yes, late spring start but what ya going to do? 8 months for me and it'll be winter again!

LwnmwrMan22
03-29-2008, 11:04 AM
We're betting on the usual April 25th start. 1 month from now.

Most of our snow is gone, except where the piles were pushed up.

Hopefully the mulch supplies show up soon, so we can get started on the touchups, fix about 30 sq ft of turf we tore up from plowing, get going.

Not in a big hurry yet.... but 3 more weeks I'll be chomping at the bit.

IN2MOWN
03-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Tonight
Breezy. Snow likely in the evening...then snow after midnight. Snow accumulation of 3 to 4 inches. Lows 15 to 19. South winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent.

Saturday
Breezy...cloudy. Snow likely in the morning...then scattered snow showers in the afternoon. Snow accumulation around 2 inches. Total snow accumulation 5 to 6 inches. Highs 27 to 31. Southwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.

To tell you the truth, I am tired of it now.

I dont blame you. We didnt get a ton in KC like you guys get but we had over 20 occurences with snow, ice or sleet this winter starting way back in December. ( We usually dont get it till Jan). After the 5th or 6th time I was getting very tired of it.

Frontstreetlawns
03-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Is This Wheather Unusual For You Guys Or Is It Common There. We Normally Start Mowing First Week Of March But This Is Unusual And We Got Some Flowers Starting To Bloom

mowerbrad
03-29-2008, 11:40 AM
About a week ago here in lower Michigan we got almost 7 more inches of snow. It was almost 50 degrees the day before, then it snowed the next day. I thought I would have been starting mowing soon, but that snow just delayed my starting date.

WHIPPLE5.7
03-29-2008, 01:13 PM
I just had to reschedule 4 aerating and 7 power raking jobs due to it snowing last night and the temps went from 55 to 25. Its not like I'm losing the jobs, but it feels like it just because of the delays. I hate not being able to work in the spring months.

specialtylc
03-29-2008, 03:19 PM
We got snow twice last week about 2 inches both times. Last night 3 inches where I live to over 15 inches at some of our accounts. Its been a great snow plowing year, but we are trying to get the lawn & tree work started for the season.