PDA

View Full Version : Bought an Echo PB-265L blower today.

Happy Frog
03-29-2008, 01:53 AM
Bought this little blower mainly because of its very light weight.
Tried it this afternoon and found it really cold blooded. It takes a while before getting the full power out of it but it is fine after that.
I used the mix the dealer put in when I got it so I have to try it with my own mix to check it out.
The fact that it is brand new may also have something to do with it.
This thing is so light I could carry it all day long and it has enough power for cleaning after mowing and trimming. For leaves and bigger jobs, I'll have to crank the PB-755T though.
Anyone else using this neat little blower?

Raven386
03-29-2008, 01:55 AM
how much was it, if you dont mind me asking.

Happy Frog
03-29-2008, 02:36 AM
Got it for $239.00 plus tax at my dealer.
Could have got it cheaper on eBay I guess but it was there and I just grabbed it :laugh:

yungman
03-29-2008, 03:36 AM
Bought this little blower mainly because of its very light weight.
Tried it this afternoon and found it really cold blooded. It takes a while before getting the full power out of it but it is fine after that.
I used the mix the dealer put in when I got it so I have to try it with my own mix to check it out.
The fact that it is brand new may also have something to do with it.
This thing is so light I could carry it all day long and it has enough power for cleaning after mowing and trimming. For leaves and bigger jobs, I'll have to crank the PB-755T though.
Anyone else using this neat little blower?

How come two BP, not getting a hand held for quick little blow job!!! You already have the BP of the BP, the king of the road!!!!:waving:

Happy Frog
03-29-2008, 02:14 PM
I have a Poulan Pro handheld which really blows great (420 cu.ft. @ 205 MPH) but it doesn't have a cruise control and gives quite a twist on the arm after a few minutes of use.
I bought the BP-265L so my wife can use it to clean up after me when I edge or trim the property. The BP-755T gets heavy for her (or me) after a mile or so.

yungman
03-29-2008, 02:47 PM
I have a Poulan Pro handheld which really blows great (420 cu.ft. @ 205 MPH) but it doesn't have a cruise control and gives quite a twist on the arm after a few minutes of use.
I bought the BP-265L so my wife can use it to clean up after me when I edge or trim the property. The BP-755T gets heavy for her (or me) after a mile or so.

I should have know better to suggest to a pro!!!:laugh: Have 3 blower, you must like blow job!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:.....JUST KIDDING!!!!:waving::waving:

When I am ready to buy a BP, I am looking at the PB620, lighter and almost as powerful and quieter. The big MaMas are just too heavy!!!

Just Mow
03-29-2008, 03:03 PM
How come two BP, not getting a hand held for quick little blow job!!! You already have the BP of the BP, the king of the road!!!!:waving:

Are you talking about the gutless wonder 755 :dizzy:

02DURAMAX
03-29-2008, 04:09 PM

I thinks He is Mam.

yungman
03-29-2008, 04:48 PM

Did I step on some toe:laughing::laughing::laughing:

lawnpro724
03-29-2008, 05:03 PM
That blower isn't going to have much more power than a good handheld. You should have bought the PB 230 instead. I don't have any use for backpacks that small and I know you said its for you wife to blow off walkways after you get done mowing but wouldn't a good handheld work better? My guys love the Echo PB 230 for grab and go blowing and wouldn't like having to strap on a blower every time they have a sidewalk to blow off.

Happy Frog
03-30-2008, 12:50 AM
Well, I already have a handheld and I use it for quick clean up when I do residential yards.
The small backpack is for when I edge the main property. This is about 1.8 miles of edging and blowing :weightlifter:
There are not many professional backpack blowers under 14 lbs most of them are above the 20 lbs mark.

yungman
03-30-2008, 01:39 AM
Well, I already have a handheld and I use it for quick clean up when I do residential yards.
The small backpack is for when I edge the main property. This is about 1.8 miles of edging and blowing :weightlifter:
There are not many professional backpack blowers under 14 lbs most of them are above the 20 lbs mark.

Looks like people are not letting you off the hook for having the big and small BP.:laugh::laugh:

Well you can still consider using the hand held for the 1.8 mile run. Then you can consider that as your workout and don't have to go to the gym that day. You also can develope good hand strength:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter::laughing::laughing::laughing:

:waving:

edward hedrick
04-01-2008, 10:17 PM
I like your echobp-265, just bought a 30cc Redmax for similiar reasons, weighs 13#. Ed

S man
04-01-2008, 10:44 PM

I'm sorry but that doesn't sound right, if you know what I mean.:hammerhead:

tallimeca
04-01-2008, 10:54 PM
it takes some running hours for that brand new motor to brake in properly. You could see as much as a 20 percent increase in power after about 5-10 hours of run time. Keep in mind that if you don't belive it is running right, have the dealer check it. Echo will pay a dealer warranty to adjust the carb. If it's running too rich or to lean out of the box, you can run into problems. We start, run and adjust as needed EVERY piece of equipment we sell.

yungman
04-02-2008, 02:17 AM
I'm sorry but that doesn't sound right, if you know what I mean.:hammerhead:

You mean hand held for the little job!!!! Sound right to me!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

ericlemson
10-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Could anyone suggest a good handheld or b/p blower that is good with acorns?

Alan0354
10-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Could anyone suggest a good handheld or b/p blower that is good with acorns?

You mean ACORN??? Get a cannon and blow they away!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Lazer_Z
10-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Back on topic, Eric, what's your budget? Is this for your own personal use or for a business?

DaveyBlue32
01-27-2014, 09:17 PM
This is what I did as well. The 265 is light ...sling it over one shoulder strap and run down the sidewalk... I can blow off 30 lawns and not use that tiny take of fuel ... Can't do that with 60-70 cc's .... It's not what you make It's what you spend.... Overhead... Boys and Girls ... Fuel and equipment cost is 1/3 that of the larger CC ... I spend the savings on Yengling Lager ! Melting the plug with a hot tiny screw driver to get to the carb screw is mandatory and tacho...you get 20% more power!!!!!!! I'm going to find them on eBay cheap because after a couple years without the carb adjustment they will be carboned up ...running poorly...and cheap!!!! Like Me!!!! :). It's easier on the body then a handheld... Fo-Sure....
Posted via Mobile Device

Valk
01-28-2014, 12:31 PM
How much time will this 265 save you over a 60-70 cc BP blower?
:jester:

grassmonkey0311
01-28-2014, 12:42 PM
I use one of these too. I don't do many leaf jobs....too competitive in my area. So for what I use this for, it's perfect. Also uses much less gas.