PDA

View Full Version : Quick 36" or ZT 36" ?

Happy Frog
03-29-2008, 02:17 AM
What do you think?
A Quick Samurai 36" with step saver and mulch kit at $3,150.00 or a ZT 36" at $5,000.00 (few models to choose from)?
I like both but I need to make a choice and I am interested in earring the pros and cons. :rolleyes:

Tim's Lawn Care LLC.
03-29-2008, 09:22 AM
With this new season upon us and the success of advertising, I find myself looking to add a 36". I've researched all the big names and keep coming back to Toro's new offing coming this fall. Don't know yet if it will come in a 36 but won't hesitate to buy it if it does. I have seen the demo on their web site and w/ you standing on a platform connected to the machine itself eliminating extra wheels on the turf plus the small footprint in my trailer was all I needed to see. Yeah I know there are standers out there now, but I have this thing for Toro's.

Happy Frog
03-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Not sure about the price of a Toro stander...
The Quick is a great machine for sure and I can get a real nice ZTR for under 5K...
I am wondering on how bad a ZT 36" can rut on soft turfs

bill8379
03-29-2008, 02:58 PM
I am wondering on how bad a ZT 36" can rut on soft turfs

One of the mods, I forget his/her name, had a thread showing pics on their new Gravely Z, they were mentioning how huge the wheels were and for sure, especially the castors were VERY wide. Not sure how expensive it was though (I don't even have a Z)

mowerbrad
03-29-2008, 04:35 PM
As for which mower to get it all depends on what type of mowing you will be doing. The Z will be more comfortable for longer periods of time. But if you are just mowing for a little time then the Quick would be better. Also the Z will cover more ground in less time enableing you to finish lawns quicker.

RM n WS
03-29-2008, 05:08 PM
My opinion is the quick 36. The one I bought has been a great value. I have no complaints with the mower, but I do want to see them build a dual hydro at a good price.

BUCKEYE MOWING
03-29-2008, 05:12 PM
What do you think?
A Quick Samurai 36" with step saver and mulch kit at $3,150.00 or a ZT 36" at $5,000.00 (few models to choose from)?
I like both but I need to make a choice and I am interested in earring the pros and cons. :rolleyes:

We need to know they types of areas you intend to use this machine in? Open mowing , tight residential ...large acreage ?? Z's cost more to run and maintain and RUT TURF...

ed2hess
03-29-2008, 05:53 PM
My opinion is the quick 36. The one I bought has been a great value. I have no complaints with the mower, but I do want to see them build a dual hydro at a good price.

So why do they need a dual hydro? All the feedback is the unit turns easy?

RM n WS
03-29-2008, 06:24 PM
I have one property that I do and it has a bank that scares me. I can't ride it and it has shrubs on both ends and a fence at the top and a curb at the bottom so I can't go up and down. I do it with my 36 and it was fine until they put irrigation on it also. I asked them to not run that zone on the day I mow but you know how that story goes. I tried a toro super recycler and that didn't work well. My hustler T-bar hydro would slide. But I think independent hand controls on a dual drive might work best.

BUCKEYE MOWING
03-29-2008, 06:41 PM
So why do they need a dual hydro? All the feedback is the unit turns easy?

Probably to add choices....different price points ...appeal to a broader customer base

tb8100
03-29-2008, 07:01 PM
the Bad Boy ZT3600 with the 23hp Vanguard sells for around $5000. You know first hand the value in the Bad Boys. That said, walks are pretty versatile and are alot cheaper. If you have a Snapper Pro dealer near you, you might check out their walks too. They offer alot for the money. I think the Ferris walks are priced similarly to the Snappers. I would buy one of those before a Quick (Quicks are nice for the money but a little lightweight).

Wouldn't it be nice if Bad Boy made a walk behind??

BUCKEYE MOWING
03-29-2008, 07:09 PM
the Bad Boy ZT3600 with the 23hp Vanguard sells for around $5000. You know first hand the value in the Bad Boys. That said, walks are pretty versatile and are alot cheaper. If you have a Snapper Pro dealer near you, you might check out their walks too. They offer alot for the money. I think the Ferris walks are priced similarly to the Snappers. I would buy one of those before a Quick (Quicks are nice for the money but a little lightweight).

Wouldn't it be nice if Bad Boy made a walk behind??

So ..what's wrong with a Quick being lightweight ?

RM n WS
03-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Tb I read your post and I have never seen the bad boy products in person. I looked them up online and took a look. Is the 3600 a residental model?

tb8100
03-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Tb I read your post and I have never seen the bad boy products in person. I looked them up online and took a look. Is the 3600 a residental model?

it's commercial. Zt2800 transaxles, cast iron spindles, the whole shebang. Even has 13x6.50x6 front tires.

tb8100
03-29-2008, 11:14 PM
So ..what's wrong with a Quick being lightweight ?

nothing. I just prefer my mowers to be a bit more rugged. They're a great value though, no question about that!

Happy Frog
03-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Hello tb8100,
Of course I looked at the ZT 36" with the Vanguard 23HP but I did not want to start another Bad Boy thread.
I am more interested in the pros & cons of a small ZT compared to the Quick 36"
BTW, Bad Boy screwed up the specs on their web site and their 2008 catalog...
I even know why: on their 2007 catalog the ZT is only shown with the 26 HP Briggs ELS specs and next to it there is the Pup with the 23 HP Vanguard specs. There is a note by the Pup specs saying that this engine (23 HP Vanguard) is also available on the ZT.
Guess what. On their 2008 catalog, the ZT is shown with both engines and of course, they duplicated the ZT Brigs specs to the ZT Vanguard instead of putting the actual Vanguard specs on it. :laugh:
They did the same on their web site... :hammerhead:
Also, the width between tires is wrong. They show 45" (for a 36" deck?) while I am guessing it to be 35". :hammerhead:
I find this frustrating...

Happy Frog
03-29-2008, 11:35 PM
I intend to do smalls yards (some gated) with the machine of choice.
My concern is that some of the yards have a sandy soil and some have a muddy soil. Both are pretty easy to mark and I do not want to leave ruts on these accounts.
At this time, I use a Honda self propelled 21" and some yards are just taking too much time to mow. I can probably go two or three time faster with a 36"

Ric3077
03-29-2008, 11:46 PM
I've researched all the big names and keep coming back to Toro's new offing coming this fall. Don't know yet if it will come in a 36 but won't hesitate to buy it if it does.

I spoke with a guy on the Toro design team...he said a 48" cut will be the smallest stander they will make...for the first few years anyway, I suppose they could change their minds down the road.

tb8100
03-30-2008, 01:08 AM
Hello tb8100,
Of course I looked at the ZT 36" with the Vanguard 23HP but I did not want to start another Bad Boy thread.
I am more interested in the pros & cons of a small ZT compared to the Quick 36"
BTW, Bad Boy screwed up the specs on their web site and their 2008 catalog...
I even know why: on their 2007 catalog the ZT is only shown with the 26 HP Briggs ELS specs and next to it there is the Pup with the 23 HP Vanguard specs. There is a note by the Pup specs saying that this engine (23 HP Vanguard) is also available on the ZT.
Guess what. On their 2008 catalog, the ZT is shown with both engines and of course, they duplicated the ZT Brigs specs to the ZT Vanguard instead of putting the actual Vanguard specs on it. :laugh:
They did the same on their web site... :hammerhead:
Also, the width between tires is wrong. They show 45" (for a 36" deck?) while I am guessing it to be 35". :hammerhead:
I find this frustrating...

The width between tires... I don't know off the top of my head but probably 34.5"-35" is a pretty safe estimate.

I've said it before and I know you have also, Bad Boy has a long ways to go with with their marketing. That's putting it lightly. If you think it's frustrating for you, it's even more frustrating for us dealers. But anyway, let's not turn this into another Bad Boy thread and instead stick to the topic at hand... :waving:

RM n WS
03-30-2008, 06:12 AM
That is exactly the reason I bought my quick 36. My trailer is 12 ft. long and the 36 is small and light but commercial grade. It takes up no more room than my ryan aerator. This time of year I haul my quick, my toro recycler, my ryan aerator, and a john deere gx 335 mower with bagger. I'm full but it fits.