PDA

View Full Version : help me fr

DEEREBOY14
03-29-2008, 10:45 AM
help me please in my neighbour hood we have lots ranging from 100x200=1 acre and may be this summer myfreind and i was wounder ing how much we should charge for weedeating blowing mowing edgeig and what else should we do we want to buy a john deere gator 850d diesel and a 4x5 carry on trailer and a la175 lawn tractor and nummeres tanks of gas and diesel and 2/cycle mix please help me we were thinking a bout chargein 30 40 maybe even 50 bucks ok thats kinda high ok please help me
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

lsu03
03-29-2008, 10:51 AM
1 acre is about $45-$55 around our area...

Mark Bogart
03-29-2008, 11:11 AM
help me please in my neighbour hood we have lots ranging from 100x200=1 acre and may be this summer myfreind and i was wounder ing how much we should charge for weedeating blowing mowing edgeig and what else should we do we want to buy a john deere gator 850d diesel and a 4x5 carry on trailer and a la175 lawn tractor and nummeres tanks of gas and diesel and 2/cycle mix please help me we were thinking a bout chargein 30 40 maybe even 50 bucks ok thats kinda high ok please help me
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

One acre = 43,560 sq.ft. Did you mean 20,000 to 43,560? Just wondering!

cgaengineer
03-29-2008, 12:12 PM
One acre = 43,560 sq.ft. Did you mean 20,000 to 43,560? Just wondering!

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing! Curious...why would you buy a Gator for carrying a lawn tractor? You can easily get a real truck for less money and you can legally drive it on the road.

DEEREBOY14
03-29-2008, 06:23 PM
uhh i am only 14 will be 15 next summer an i will only have a permit

ALC-GregH
03-29-2008, 08:42 PM
isn't there laws about having "children" operating a lawn mower? 14 seems kinda young to be mowing lawns. Do you guys have a business license, insurance are you paying taxes?

lsu03
03-29-2008, 09:19 PM
wow, sixth post. read around and you'll see there are many other teens who are doing well and that do pay taxes.

Johnson LCO
03-30-2008, 05:53 PM
People need to understand this forum is for professionals, as the website says "professionals growing together." You are not a professional. You seemingly have no intention of licensing or insurance and cannot even drive. You have asked every stupid question but never mentioned license and insurance. You have no business operating a mower or heavy equipment. At this point, you probably dont even know how hard this work is, let alone doing the work and managing the business side. Go to work for a small landscaping company and learn how to bid jobs and how to do them properly. If you can work at the company and last a year then you might have what it takes to start up yourself. Your questions are vague and lack any semblence of intelligent thought. Use the search button and refrain from posting until you can manage to type complete sentences that are at tleast understandable and have some kind of point. Prices vary by region so most of the people that respond cannot help you. Good luck, you need it.

lsu03
03-30-2008, 06:37 PM
they also have a forum called "starting a lawncare business" and that is what he is trying to do. how do you get that he is "seemily has no intention of licensing or insurance and cannot even drive". soon i'll post some other licensed and insured teens who can't drive or couldn't drive when they started up and now are doing very well.

Johnson LCO
03-30-2008, 06:56 PM
He posted that he cant drive. I see no dumb questions on his part on the subject of licensing or insurance. He cant figure out how to bid or use punctuation so I just assumed he couldnt get licensed or insured without asking LS members. I dont have anything against teens that cant drive (you must fall in this category or you wouldnt be bothering me right now), becuase everyone has to start somewhere. I just think before flooding the message bored with unintelligent, unreadable and pointless questions, he should use the search button. In his post, he seemingly typed each word as it came to him, as one sentence, instead of thinking about it thoroughly. I couldnt drive not too long ago and remeber how it feels, so dont get all upset because I dont want your mommy calling my business telling me that I upset her son.

lsu03
03-30-2008, 07:17 PM
wow that last sentence was really immature. and no, i am very self sufficient so please dont treat me like i still go to my mom and cry about everything. i actually want her away from me most of the time so i can figure problems out myself because i usually have them under control.

KGR landscapeing
03-30-2008, 07:31 PM
i love how everybody gets up on there high horse on this site. when did u start mowing? i dno about you but i rebuilt my first ariens lawn tractor with a bagger at 8. The goverment dosent charge kids tax why because there kids. everybody needs to relax on this site no reason to jump down anybodys throat. its all dependant on the market but usally 25 or better for a quarter acer and u just go right on up from there.

lsu03
03-30-2008, 07:45 PM
thank you KGR landscaping.

Johnson LCO
03-30-2008, 08:59 PM
I am 20 and started mowing when I was 12. I worked for a landscaper and learned a lot of things and then decided to go out on my own while occasionally still working for him. I am trying to make the point that deereboy needs to use the search button instead of making posts that have only one punctuation mark for every paragraph and at least three :confused:. To estimate a yard you need to evaluate your overhead, time spent, and how much you want to make. You should know the prevailing rates in your area and be somewhere in that area. If you cant bid it, then you should not be mowing it. A lot of teens on here can interact intelligently with other LS members with the exception of deereboy. I think that before going it alone, it is a good experience to work for a landscaper becuase there are some things you cant learn on lawnsite.

lsu03
03-30-2008, 09:17 PM
okay johnson LCO. now that we seem level let's just leave this bickering behind us.

ps- i do agree he should use correct punctuation. he is making LA look bad. lol

Johnson LCO
03-30-2008, 09:33 PM
I just read your post on investment. Maybe you could teach deereboy some grammar, spelling and punctuation.