PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used a Hustler Mini Fastrak 36?

Tulsa Metro Lawns
03-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Was wondering if anyone had used a Hustler Mini Fastrak 36 and if so what are your pros and cons?

excel25
03-29-2008, 12:47 PM
How much are you mowing ? Are you thinking as a full time mower or only for gated back yards? what type of grass?

lawnprosteveo
03-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Hey TulsaMetro...A captain at my station bought a FastTrak last season. He had only used Toro wb's before. He loves it. He put a mulch kit on it and claims it still has power.

WHIPPLE5.7
03-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Its the same thing as the 42" and I love my 42". I would suggest getting the Honda istead of the kohler. I'm using my for about 5 yards a week so its not like I'm beating it to death. I'd want something more commercial if I was mowing 20-25 a week with a ZTR. Most of my work is with 21" mowers.

Tulsa Metro Lawns
03-30-2008, 01:56 AM
Excel25...Only using it for gated backyards. Figured why buy WB when I can get a ZTR for same or little less than price. And, it will be only used for residential backyards and of course as backup.

Lawnprosteveo...Good to hear since I just bought it! I even got them to throw in the mulch kit for free. (Package deal since I also bought a couple of Stihl trimmers). It seemed like great quality just like it's more commercial outfits.

Whipples.7...Like I said, just for backyards and not very many and serves as backup. I think it's a good fit. Especially considering the price...only $3,599 with Kohler though.

MJB
03-30-2008, 03:23 AM
I tried to mow with one and parked it there was no trim side to it. The deck needs to be 42" minimum so it's wider than the wheelbase otherwise you have to trim way out from the fenceline. Go bigger if possible.

Zooropa93
03-30-2008, 03:33 AM
regarding getting it instead of a WB, with the mini fastrak you only get the EZT integrated transmission, which is not going to last. The trimstar wb gets the IZT which although I have blasted hustler several times for switching to this from the old pump and wheel motor combination is still significantly better than the EZT used on the mini fastrak. I'd get a commerical walk over a mini fastrak almost any day unless it's for once a week homeowner usage for an acre or two at most.

mtwcutt
03-30-2008, 11:04 PM
I had one last year and traded it off for a bigger mower. The mini was an excellent mower!
I also know a guy who has one that is three or four seasons old and he mows the crap out of it and it is still holding up well "ezt hydros and all". The ezt's maybe considered homeowner but they have lasted on his and one good thing is they are maintenance free and cheaper to replace if one goes compared to motor pump combo's.

Tulsa Metro Lawns
03-31-2008, 12:05 AM
I was of course considering a Toro floating T-bar but the dealers are proud of them. So, having had good luck with Hustler in the past, I went with the Fastrak 36. Haven't even been able to cut with it. Did drive and play with it and it seems tight and durable. Tomorrow I will take it over terrain i've previously cut and see how it feels and handles.

Zooropa93
03-31-2008, 02:20 AM
I had one last year and traded it off for a bigger mower. The mini was an excellent mower!
I also know a guy who has one that is three or four seasons old and he mows the crap out of it and it is still holding up well "ezt hydros and all". The ezt's maybe considered homeowner but they have lasted on his and one good thing is they are maintenance free and cheaper to replace if one goes compared to motor pump combo's.

Not being serviceable is why I'm leary of them. I used to sell hustlers and I'm not saying the mini is a bad mower, just that I wouldn't trust it to hold up to commercial usage. Plus the commercial warranty is only 90 days on a mini, versus one yr on the regular fastrak (provided the opt. hr meter is installed). I found out hustler won't warranty a fastrak used commercially without an hr meter.

Tulsa Metro Lawns
03-31-2008, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the input Zooropa93. Wish my dealer would have told me about the hour meter clause! Kinda makes me wonder why he didn't since he threw in the mulch kit and, forgot to mention, armrest for free!

flhntr
03-31-2008, 03:27 PM
i have a fasttrak 36 i love it i have alot of homes with gated back yards it fits almost anywhere also have a gs30 john deere 36 wb i went with the fasttrak it cut my mowing time in half

amor4421
03-31-2008, 04:37 PM
I have the 42 and I loveit. Never used the 36 but I am sure it is just as good as the 42. Let me know how the mlch kit works on it. I might have to get one if it does good.

TropicalBreeze
03-31-2008, 04:52 PM
Just bought one a couple weeks ago. It's great..a little scary on slopes however. The mulch kit works well. Beats my WB in the florida heat and humidity.

MJB
03-31-2008, 05:02 PM
A friend of mine bought the 36" and just hates it. The mower is way to big for the little deck so you can't get close to the edge of the lawn. The front wheels stick about 1 foot or more in front of the mower deck. If you have the 36" and like it, have any of you run a larger zero turn with the deck that sticks out 4inches with trim side. If this is the same mower you have I would run a quick 36 with the mulching kit for the back yards over the fast track anyday. If any of you are looking for a 1 yr old fast track I'm sure he'd sell it. This is in wa st.

wallacemerritt
04-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm also looking at the mini fastrak. I was looking at there website and they have two version of the 36/42 rider. One is geared more towards residential (the mini) and the other (called Super Duty) is more towards commercial. I to have several gated and small lawns that I think this would be idea for. Do you guys have the Super duty or the Mini? I was priced the Super Duty for 4100.00. Does that sound about right or is it high?

TropicalBreeze
04-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Super duty and 4100.00 is a steal, I paid 4600.00.

amor4421
04-01-2008, 03:23 PM
I have the 42 and use it for my residentials I love it. I got mine for 5500. I paid a little too much but I learned a lesson. Look at different dealers. I only wish I would have done my homework on picking a better dealer.

Tulsa Metro Lawns
04-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Mine is the residential 36. Used it 4 times thus far and it's literally just a mini version of it's bigger companions. Yes, mulch kit works well. It may not get as close to obstacles as other ZTR's but it's still a timesaver and well worth the money...$3,499.99. (Included mulch kit & hr meter)

luckydooley
04-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Tulsa Metro, what dealer did you buy from?

Tulsa Metro Lawns
04-13-2008, 03:25 AM
Tulsa Metro, what dealer did you buy from?

Just go to Hustler's website and get a list of all the dealers in the area and start calling get quotes. You'll find that most of their prices are the same unless you've done business with them or buy a package deal or something like that. I was given a good deal for these reasons as well as because they were having their Spring Event or Customer Appreciation Day, etc.

vateam
05-25-2009, 12:59 AM
Sorry, bringing this one back from the dead... going to go look at a 07 fastrak 36'' in a few days... He said it has about 500hrs on it.. no hr. meter.... wants $2k for it. Comes w/ bagger, 2 new blades, a deck belt, a pump drive belt, a fuel filter and air filter... Deal or no deal? I mow 15 yards.... have a 36'' wb now but want a zero turn.... then always have my 21'' lawn boy beside that.

DSIM
08-09-2009, 02:07 PM
I bought a mini fastrak 36" in 04. I now have 545 hrs on it and have had no problems with it. Just regular maintenance. Mine has the Kohler 15hp.

I have mowed rough acreage with knee high grass with it but use it mostly for weekly manicured lawns.

I would definitely buy again. I installed the wider rear tires that come on the 42" and had to use spacers but it handles hills really good now.