PDA

View Full Version : Huge number of logo's designed for me - what do you think?

Gareth
03-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Hi there.

Ive had 6 logo's designed for me, and i am now getting both designers to work on an idea i have had. Below i will show you the 6 initial logo's and the 3 that are based on my idea (Obviously a lot more needs to be done on the last three, these are just quick mock ups).

Im interested to know if you have any thoughts about them, especially about the idea of the last one - cartoon grass with the mower.

Gareth
03-29-2008, 12:21 PM
. . . and here is the other two. These are both very similar as you can see. I can see my logo being very much like this with the cartoon grass, though looking much better artistically. This is the one I'm really wanting your feedback on, in terms of its idea!

Gareth
03-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Incidentally, here is the logo of a business in a similar but different area to me - they are lawn treatment (And are a national franchise) while i am lawn and hedge trimming. As you can see, they have also gone cartoon style.

Classified
03-29-2008, 01:20 PM
i dont like any of the ones in your second post. the ones i like the most are what is in this reply. i like the one with the black BG the best

OK since the one with the black logo is tied with 2 others, i will say i dont like them. just the first one that is titled Logo_1

lawnpro724
03-29-2008, 01:32 PM
I like the two with the little leaf and grass guys looking at your name and the other one with the mower. They will get you a lot more attention and are good conversation starters.

Sweet Tater
03-29-2008, 06:06 PM
can't say I like any of them...They just don't hit it imo

Lawn-Sharks
03-29-2008, 07:23 PM
If your going to use any of them i would use Logo #1 ...Just my opinion

JustCut
03-29-2008, 07:32 PM
. . . and here is the other two. These are both very similar as you can see. I can see my logo being very much like this with the cartoon grass, though looking much better artistically. This is the one I'm really wanting your feedback on, in terms of its idea!

The one on the right is the winner.
1) The cartoon draw's attention to whats important and that's your business name.
2) refer to #1
:clapping:

STRINGALATION
03-30-2008, 12:45 AM
Logo One Looks Complete And I'll Bet Sweet On An Enclosed Trailer

03-30-2008, 01:04 AM
If you go with the cartoony one then mover your name up out of the grass, it makes it hard to read with the grass behind it.

Maybe move the mower closer to the cartoon, and put the "lawn and leaf" on top of the cut grass.

Mark Bogart
03-30-2008, 01:09 AM
Logo 1 stands out the best.

CrimsonLawnCare
03-30-2008, 10:07 AM
the first two are the best

OSCLandscaping
03-30-2008, 10:56 AM
I think #1 is the most professional and is easy to read. I would however drop the "Mowing Lawns" off the bottom.

Gareth
03-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys, keep em coming! They have already influenced some design choices the guys are working on.

Here's some more - what do you think about these?

Sweet Tater
03-30-2008, 01:30 PM
I like the round one in the top row . looks catchy, but with all those colors won't it cost a fortune to have printed and put on shirts and stuff?

Icemanku
03-30-2008, 02:37 PM
If your going to use any of them i would use Logo #1 ...Just my opinion

I agree! Take off the mowing lawns, because it make no sense.

You want something classic looking and not to busy.

MOWEMJEFF
03-30-2008, 08:03 PM
I like #1 too, looks classy while the other ones look like class clown.

MOWEMJEFF
03-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Where did you get these done and for how much if you don't mind me asking?

bare spot
03-31-2008, 02:54 AM
gareth, like your choices to work with, looking good.

Gareth
03-31-2008, 03:59 AM
I got them done by some guys over in India - most of them done by 1 company (And i am paying them £12.50, bless em), and some from another Indian company im paying £20.

Im not expecting them to do one that im happy with, what i want is a large amount to give me ideas.

I will likely go for a simple but elegant logo as has been pointed out here, but with a proper cartoon blade of grass to the side of it, done by a proper cartoonist. It will look a like that 'green thumb' logo earlier in the thread but better.

kleankutslawn
03-31-2008, 05:55 AM
to me a push lawn mower doesn't look professional,just my.2

JShe8918
03-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Logo 1. Is much better than any. very professional looking never use cartoons they make you think of a younger person or even child. I like the first one though.

MOWEMJEFF
03-31-2008, 06:13 PM
I got them done by some guys over in India - most of them done by 1 company (And i am paying them £12.50, bless em), and some from another Indian company im paying £20.

Im not expecting them to do one that im happy with, what i want is a large amount to give me ideas.

I will likely go for a simple but elegant logo as has been pointed out here, but with a proper cartoon blade of grass to the side of it, done by a proper cartoonist. It will look a like that 'green thumb' logo earlier in the thread but better.

12.50eruo as in like $25 us dollars????wow thats cheap as hell is it through the internet?

Gareth
04-03-2008, 04:01 AM
Hi - Yes, as in 25 dollars, and i haven't posted all of them either, and yes, its through the Internet, a freelance website. I would tell you which one and so on but i think its against the rules to post on the forum to plug people who do not advertise here.

Ive paid him now - here is the final one we came up with which im not actually going to use (BTW, i know greenery is spelled wrong, bless him - i can change that easily)

You know, I'm actually going to use the very first logo that he came up with, God bless his little Indian socks. Ill include that below too (Ill change the 'mowing lawns' bit myself.)

P.s you should think that in effect what i paid him is really $12.50, as far as i am concerned, because thats what £12.50 is worth over here. Gotta love exchange rates! When i first went to America i was amazed at how cheap the excellent food was - i mean its really nice but we paid a lot less than we do over here for average meals out. Your low taxes and the exchange rate makes America a very attractive holiday destination (Not to mention the Americans themselves - and Sea world, Typhoon Lagoon, Universal studios etc!!)

02DURAMAX
04-03-2008, 04:10 AM
First two for me..

JustCut
04-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Hi - Yes, as in 25 dollars, and i haven't posted all of them either, and yes, its through the Internet, a freelance website. I would tell you which one and so on but i think its against the rules to post on the forum to plug people who do not advertise here.

Ive paid him now - here is the final one we came up with which im not actually going to use (BTW, i know greenery is spelled wrong, bless him - i can change that easily)

You know, I'm actually going to use the very first logo that he came up with, God bless his little Indian socks. Ill include that below too (Ill change the 'mowing lawns' bit myself.)

P.s you should think that in effect what i paid him is really $12.50, as far as i am concerned, because thats what £12.50 is worth over here. Gotta love exchange rates! When i first went to America i was amazed at how cheap the excellent food was - i mean its really nice but we paid a lot less than we do over here for average meals out. Your low taxes and the exchange rate makes America a very attractive holiday destination (Not to mention the Americans themselves - and Sea world, Typhoon Lagoon, Universal studios etc!!)

Would you be interested in selling me the Blade of grass logo????

Gareth
04-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Hi.

Im afraid not. You see im thinking of using him for an advertising campaign in the future so i would like to retain the proprietary rights.

PM me if you like and we can discuss it further.

Regards,
Gareth Thompson,
Lawn and leaf.